Stronger part 5

Dark Side

It had been an hour since Woohyun had left, and Sunggyu was worried sick. He paced the room, contemplating whether Woohyun was going to do something stupid or not.

He sighed sharply and sank to the ground, leaning against his bed.

He thought over everything he had told Woohyun. He didn’t tell him any lies, but he didn’t exactly tell Woohyun the whole truth either.

After Woohyun had confessed to him, Sunggyu really wanted to return the feelings. He wanted to hug and kiss him, and tell him how he felt about the younger man, but he couldn’t. And it wasn’t because he didn’t feel the same way about Woohyun.

It was because he was scared.

Not only about Woohyun relying on him too much, but also because he truly believed that Woohyun was mistaken.

Woohyun didn’t love him. He just loved how he could depend on Sunggyu. That was all Sunggyu could think of it.

He gripped his head and groaned. “Why do I always do this?” He asked himself, reflecting on past relationships where he did everything he could for the other person, and was later tossed aside, when he was the one who needed someone to lean on.

Sunggyu knew Woohyun wasn’t like those people from his past, but still…he couldn’t help but think of those things.

Either way, he figured he should go out and look for Woohyun.

♦♦♦

Woohyun had been wandering the streets aimlessly. He didn’t know or care where he was or where he was going. The things Sunggyu had said, running to and fro in his head, as he tried to make sense of it all. He could understand what Sunggyu was trying to say, but at the same time, he didn’t want to be separated from him. He remembered what Sun Hee had told him…to stay by Sunggyu’s side.

He decided to grab something to eat when his stomach grumbled for the umpteenth time. He spotted a little café nearby and went inside and took a seat near the window, granting him a lovely midmorning view of the street outside.

A young man in black skinny jeans and dark hair walked up to Woohyun’s table, and placed a menu on the table.

“Hi welcome to Julia’s.” The waiter greeted, taking a pad and pen out from one of the pockets in his purple apron. “What can I get you?”

“Uh…just an orange juice…” Woohyun mumbled.

“Ok, coming right up.” The man nodded, and left.

Woohyun let out a sigh as he leaned his head on the table and gazed out the window, watching the people go by, talking, and laughing and in their own worlds. Woohyun wished he could be like them, who had no worries in their lives. But he knew that wasn’t the case, and most of the people out there probably had problems of their own.

He closed his eyes for a second and opened them again to see Sunggyu walking down the street, looking around frantically. Woohyun blinked a couple of times, to make sure he wasn’t dreaming. He sat up, just as Sunggyu walked right past the window. Woohyun shot up and rushed out the door, to catch up with the other male. But then he stopped himself.

W-What am I doing? I told him I needed time alone, and here I am running to his side again…” Woohyun frowned. “I can’t do this…turn around stupid. Just go back to your table and drink your damn juice…” He told himself, but he couldn’t move, as he watched Sunggyu get farther and farther away.

Suddenly Sunggyu stopped and took out his phone. Moments later, Woohyun’s phone blasted out a pop song ring tone. Woohyun gasped, as Sunggyu turned around, and immediately spotted him.

“Ya!” Sunggyu pointed a finger at him. Woohyun panicked and rushed back into the café, but Sunggyu followed after him. “Woohyun!” Sunggyu grabbed onto him and pulled him into a warm embrace. “I was worried, idiot.” Sunggyu spoke softly. “Don’t just take off like that…”

“I’m sorry...” Woohyun mumbled into Sunggyu’s shoulder, instinctively wrapping his arms around Sunggyu’s waist. “Hyung I missed you…”

“What are you talking about?” Sunggyu chuckled. Woohyun loved the sound of Sunggyu’s laughter lightly dancing into his ear. “You were only gone for an hour and a half…”

“I know.” Woohyun leaned forward so he could whisper in Sunggyu’s ear. “But it felt like a whole week…” He was pleased when he noticed the tip of Sunggyu’s ear reddening.

“Ahem…” A voice interrupted them.

Sunggyu immediately let Woohyun go, when they realized everyone in the café was staring at them, including the male waiter from earlier, who had his arms crossed and was eyeing them suspiciously.

“S-Sorry…” Sunggyu looked down, blushing. “We didn’t—.”

“Hey, don’t I know you?” The waiter asked Sunggyu, who looked up. “Kim Sunggyu? Is that you man?!” The waiter beamed and smacked Sunggyu over the shoulder in a friendly manner. “It’s me! Minwoo! Park Minwoo!”

“Ah…Minwoo hyung.” Sunggyu nodded uncomfortably, as Minwoo pulled him into a bear hug. Woohyun looked from Sunggyu to the curly haired waiter, confused, and frankly, more than a little pissed off, at the stranger hugging his Sunggyu.

“Come sit, sit...” Minwoo grinned and guided Sunggyu to a table, with Woohyun grumpily following them.

“So I heard you got a new job?” Minwoo sat beside Sunggyu. “Heard you’re working with the cops now?”

“Uh…not exactly.” Sunggyu murmured, glancing across the table at Woohyun. Minwoo noticed, and looked at Woohyun as well.

“Ah sorry!” Minwoo said. “I’m Park Minwoo. I’m Sunggyu’s good friend from high school.”

“We were in the same gang…” Sunggyu added.

“Oh…” Woohyun nodded.

“And you are?” Minwoo asked.

“Woohyun…Nam Woohyun.” Woohyun replied curtly.

Minwoo still had his eyes on Woohyun, as if expecting some kind of explanation.

“So how do you know Sunggyu? If he told you about his rebel days, you must be close.”

Woohyun glanced at Sunggyu. “I’m his—.”

“We work together.” Sunggyu interrupted. “I was assigned to be his partner at the SC division…”

“Oh…that makes sense.” Minwoo nodded. Woohyun gave him a questioning look. “Ah I just meant that it was weird that Sunggyu would be hanging out with someone like you.”

“Someone like me?”

“Yeah…you know? All put together and .” Minwoo grinned. “You probably don’t know this, but this guy here…” Minwoo put an arm around Sunggyu’s shoulder, making Woohyun twitch. “He’s actually pretty badass.”

Sunggyu shoved Minwoo’s arm off. “Actually Woohyun’s more of a badass than the both of us combined.”

 “You serious?” Minwoo snorted. “Anyways…are you guys working on a case or something?”

 “Huh? No…”

“What?” Minwoo blinked. “But I thought you said you guys worked together…”

“Yeah, but today’s our day off.” Sunggyu answered.

“But then why are you guys hanging out together? If it’s your day off?”

“Because we’re friends!” Woohyun blurted out. Sunggyu blushed and looked away, knowing very well that what they had done earlier that morning wasn’t something friends would do.

“Wait…for real?” Minwoo asked Sunggyu.

“Uh…” Sunggyu pulled at his sleeves, apprehensively. “S-Sort of…”

“Sort of?”

“I-Its complicated…” Sunggyu admitted.

“Oh…” Minwoo nodded, clearly confused. “So then why were you hugging before? Like lovers reunited after being separated for an eternity or something...”

They both blushed when they made eye contact with each other.

“T-That was just…” Sunggyu trailed off, because he really didn’t have a legit answer for why they were like that. Minwoo looked from Sunggyu to Woohyun, suspiciously.

“You’ve really changed Sunggyu…”

Sunggyu looked up. “Huh?”

“Hm…well I’ll get that orange juice you asked for.” Minwoo told Woohyun and left the two of them sitting there in an awkward silence.

Woohyun cleared his throat, and Sunggyu looked up. “Um…hyung I—.”

“I’m sorry…” Sunggyu interrupted, playing with the ends of a napkin.

“You poured your heart out to me and I just…I mean I know that couldn’t of been easy for you…to confess your feelings.” Woohyun looked down, and nodded slightly. “But Woohyun…I can’t…I mean I think you’re wrong.”

“…Why?” Woohyun frowned.

Sunggyu rubbed the back of his neck, glancing out the window. “I already told you…I don’t think you love me like you think you do…”

“Why?” Woohyun asked again.

“B-Because!” Sunggyu clenched his fists. “I-I just don’t think you—!”

“You’re wrong hyung!” Woohyun stood up, slamming his hands on the table, earning stares from everyone else in the café. But Woohyun couldn’t care less—all he could see was Sunggyu. “Noona told me about what happened before! About that girlfriend who couldn’t support you!” Sunggyu stiffened. “I’m not like that hyung! I won’t abandon you like that! I want to support you too! Why can’t you see that I—?”

“Stop it Woohyun.” Sunggyu warned with a dead serious look.

“You said you wouldn’t leave me…I’m also not—.”

Sunggyu stood up as well. “I said stop it!” He turned, and stomped out of the café and Woohyun immediately ran after him.

Minwoo watched them go, before fishing his phone out of his pocket and making a call.

“Hey…it’s me.” He smirked. “You’ll never guess who I met…our old friend Kim Sunggyu.”

[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]=[]

And...more angst.

I'm sorry I haven't update for over a week, but its a little confusing to write this more serious story and then switch over to my other story which is fluff...

Plus Infinite H happened *_*

Anyways, thanks for commenting, and 100 subscribers! Yay thank you <3<3