What do you think of me?

Teachers Pet

Eunji woke up after having a very peaceful sleep. For the first time in many months, Eunji had  a dream. She was walking down the beach, hand in hand with Youngjae. Everything about the dream was perfect, she would have changed nothing. Well, she would have changed the person she woke up next too. Seeing Yongguk beside her freaked Eunji out. She gasped and backed away before remembering that this was the man she was married too. Seeking refuge, Eunji climbed out of the tent and looked at the dew covered world around her. Looking back into the tent Eunji looked at the sleeping Yongguk, and then back at the world around her. Everything was so peaceful, everything felt so right. She didn't know how to explain this feeling of security she felt at this moment. With her sketch book in her hand, Eunji used the world around her as the inspiration. She tried to covey her feelings into the simple picture she was drawing; she could already imagine the colours she would use to paint this.

"Morning." Yongguk yawned as he crawled out of the tent and smiled brightly at Eunji who seemed in her own little world. When he spoke to her, Eunji looked up with an innocent grin on her face. "That's amazing Eunji." Yongguk said as he looked over Eunji's shoulder. He had never really took an interest in art; he never really took an interest in Eunji either, but seeing her like this made his stomach do little flips. She was wearing a loose tee that was hanging off one of her shoulders and boxer shorts that stopped half way down her thigh. It was clear, Eunji wasn't a child to him. He just didn't know what she really was to him. "I'll make breakfast, you continue." Yongguk wandered over to the little cooking station they had set up and read the directions for how to make pancakes. Eunji went back to her sketch and realized that in her daze, she had drawn the same fairy that she was painting in school. Instead of reaching out of the picture, her arms were crossed over her chest. She looked so peaceful that it seemed a shame to try and draw around her. After getting things started, Yongguk came back over to sit across from Eunji and study her face that seemed to lost into her drawing. When she looked up and saw Yongguk staring at her, she was a little confused.

"Yes?"

"What am I? Yongguk asked, hoping for a serious answer from Eunji. It was almost expected since Eunji seemed a very serious person which was a bit refreshing for him since all of his friends were loud and sarcastic.

"I'm leaning towards a War lord alien bent on world domination...but that's just a guess." Eunji gave a little smirk and looked from Yongguk back to her drawing. Yongguk sat there with his mouth hanging wide open. From the quiet, Yongguk burst out laughing and nearly fell out his chair. Eunji gave a little chuckle and looked up to see smoke coming from behind him. "Breakfast is burning Mister war lord." Yongguk looked behind him and when he saw the smoke and flame, he ran over, turned off the cook top and then dumped a whole bottle of water on it. Eunji sat there with her chin resting in the palm of her hands as she watched Yongguk run around panicked when the fire was already out. After five minutes of discussion, the two wound up at a little restaurant on the outskirts of town with all their camping gear packed in the car. "Well this was fun." Eunji said taking another mouthful of rice and short ribs that the elder woman had given them for free. The two laughed and continued eating quietly. Yongguk and Eunji were both amazed at how at ease they felt around each other when just a day or two ago, being in the same room was painfully awkward.

"You never answered my question." Yongguk pointed out as he gratefully took another cup of tea from the elder woman who reminded him of his grandmother. She was constantly coming to the table with something since they were the only customers. Eunji looked up while she was sipping on her ice tea, she had no idea what he was talking about. "I asked you what I was."

"And I said an alien war lord, I thought we went through this." Eunji went back to eating her breakfast but Yongguk reached across the table and gently grabbed her wrist.

"I meant what am I to you? Your teacher or your husband?" Eunji was a little surprised at how serious Yongguk had gotten. Never before had he even mentioned that he wanted her to treat him any differently. Eunji put her chop sticks down and thought about it seriously. What did she think about him? The way she felt with Yongguk was almost the total opposite of what she felt with Youngjae.

"You're Mister Bang...my math teacher..." Eunji said shyly. Yongguk let go of her wrist and nodded his head slowly. For some reason he expected this answer, but it still hurt a little. "But at home you're my husband." Eunji was blushing lightly and started shoveling food in again. Yongguk smiled and looked at his cute little wife. He leaned over the table towards her and when his face was only an inch away Eunji looked up and backed away. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to kiss my wife?" Yongguk said leaning in again but Eunji just leaned away.

"I said you were my husband at home, not in public." Eunji stuck her tongue out at him and sipped on the last of her ice tea.

"Oh so you only want to kiss at home? Oh~ You're so erted~" Yongguk joked around and Eunji's face burned bright red.

"YAH! THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!" For the rest of the way home Yongguk about this. Every street they passed, Yongguk warned her that she was getting closer and closer to losing her first kiss. Eunji wanted to jump out of the car and find the closest pay phone so she could call Zelo to come save her from her husband. As they drove down their street, a familiar figure was standing at their front door.

"Hey isn't that..." Yongguk said squinting his eyes to get a closer look at the person standing there.

"IT'S YOUNGJAE!" Eunji screamed and began freaking out. They couldn't go home, not like this. If he saw them together Yongguk could lose her job and Eunji could lose all chances to fall hopeless, madly in love with her dream man.