Christmas Tradition

Teachers Pet

Eunji woke up in Yongguk's bed, looking around at the empty room around her. Still having a bit of a sore throat and a runny nose, Eunji wanted badly to go back to sleep but her body wouldn't let her. After five minutes of tossing and turning, Eunji headed downstairs to a Christmas wonderland. Streamers, paper snowflakes and the scent of ginger bread filled the house. Standing in the middle of the living beside a partially decorated tree was Yongguk. He was wearing a green Christmas sweater with reindeers running along the bottom of it. When he heard Eunji cough, he spun around and a large smile spread across his face.

"Merry Christmas Eunji." He said in his deep voice making him stand out from the traditional Christmas decorations surrounding him. Eunji smiled back and wandered over to Yongguk who reached behind the tree and pulled out a purple version of the same sweater he was wearing. She didn't even question it and pulled the sweater over her head. Yongguk kissed the top of her head and asked her to help decorate the tree. In silence the two hung tree ornaments and strung multi coloured lights through it. "I didn't decorate the outside so I figured I might as well decorate the inside." He said as they both stood back to marvel at the beautiful fake tree in front of them.

"It's beautiful." Eunji rested her head on Yongguk's shoulder and he felt a shiver run up his spine. Standing here with Eunji was perfect. There was nothing that was going to go wrong today and he would make sure of that.

"Okay time for breakfast. What do you want I'll make you anything you want." Yongguk and Eunji sauntered over to the kitchen and she sat at the table while Yongguk stuck his head into the fridge.

"I want scrambled eggs." Eunji rested her chin in her hands and watched as Yongguk shook his head.

"We don't have eggs....pick something else."

"How about some kimchi soup?"

"Nope. Out of Kimchi."

"Okay well what do we have?" Eunji went over to the fridge and saw that they had a loaf of bread, some meat that they could grill that night, mustard and butter. "Looks like we're having toast." Eunji reached around Yongguk and grabbed the loaf of bread. He grabbed the butter and pulled out the toaster. Sadly neither Yongguk or Eunji could spoil the other with a fancy breakfast, so instead they made toast and put the fireplace channel on the television. "Oh~ So fancy."

"Only the best for you." Yongguk said taking another bit of  the slightly burnt toast. Eunji laughed and saw that he had a little butter dripping off the side of his mouth. Instead of wiping it off with her hand, Eunji leaned in and kissed it off. Yongguk sat there totally shocked that Eunji was brave enough to do that.

"Time to wrap presents." Eunji said quickly and ran off to her room before anything awkward could happen. She pulled the hat out of the closet and looked at it closely. Although she did pick it out thinking of him, she was doubting herself. Maybe she should have gotten him something nicer. Something more expensive maybe? She threw it into a bag and put some tissue paper over it before heading back into the living room where Yongguk was sitting on the couch nervously bouncing his leg.

"Holy crap you actually bought me a present." Yongguk said as he lit up when he saw the bag Eunji was holding in  her hand.

"Of course I did, it is Christmas after all." Eunji sat beside him on the couch and shoved the bag into his hand. Yongguk eagerly ripped the tissue paper out of the way and when he saw the hat he had a big smile on his face and his eyes were glossy. He put the hat on his head and adjusted it to the right size.

"I love it Eunji....thank you." Yongguk embraced her into a tight hug and Eunji hugged him back. "Now here's yours." Yongguk reached behind the pillow and pulled out a long rectangular box that was professionally wrapped with a bow in the middle. Eunji neatly pulled the wrapping paper off and open the black box. In the box was a silver chain necklace with a ring on it. Air left Eunji's lungs as she gently took the necklace out of the box and looked at the silver ring dangling off of it. "I got it inscribed...look." Eunji looked at the inside of the ring and saw that her name, Yongguk's name and the date they got married was written on it. "Turn around." Eunji was still at a loss of words and turned slightly. She lifted her hair out of the way so Yongguk could put the necklace on. When he closed the clasp, his hands lingered a little as he touched the back of her creamy neck. Eunji turned around and moved as if she were trying to say something. Suddenly Eunji reached out and took the hat off of Yongguk's head and she tried to shove it back in the bag. Yongguk lunged over Eunji, pinning her to the couch and grabbed the hat out of the bag.

"I should have bought you something nicer." Eunji said almost on the verge of tears. Yongguk shook his head and kissed the tip of her nose.

"It's the best present I've ever gotten...I love it." Yongguk kissed her  check and leaned in close to her ear. "I love you too." Hearing his voice that intimately sent a wave of goose bumps over Eunji.  She let out a little moan and quickly covered but it was too late. Yongguk had his mischievous grin on. "But you know what...I think both of us should have some fun since we can't go outside." Yongguk picked Eunji up bridal style and carried her up the stairs.

"YAH! BANG YONGGUK! I'm not going to sleep with you! It hurt the other time!" Eunji said with her face turning bright red. Yongguk chuckled and kicked his bedroom door open.

"Trust me...it won't hurt this time." He dropped her on the bed and reached into the bedside table. When Eunji saw what he pulled out, he heart skipped a beat. It was a matching ring to the one hanging around her neck. He put it on his left ring finger. "This means I'm yours....forever." Yongguk kissed Eunji passionately and she kissed him back. She never thought that having these rings would mean this much to her. Knowing that Yongguk would always wear that ring so no woman could go near him was so reassuring. Although she couldn't wear her ring on her hands. She would have it by her heart instead. Yongguk lifted her shirt up and kissed around the ring that was cold against her hot skin. "You're beautiful." Yongguk said before kissing her again. "Hey, maybe this can be a Christmas tradition." He chuckled and Eunji slapped his chest. They both burst out laughing as Yongguk pulled the blankets over them. Although they were having possible the best time of their lives, neither of them could see the storm brewing right outside, that was sure to tear something apart.

----------------------------

~Please comment~

Sorry I would have posted this sooner but my internet o.o