The End

Teachers Pet

--1 year later--

Eunji sat in her Illustration design principles lecture, spacing out to the teacher babble on about the importance of background and subject ratio. It had been a year since she last saw Yongguk, it's been difficult but Eunji was never the kind of person to give up. She lived with Daehyun and Himchan who very conveniently were both accepted to the same college as her. Although Daehyun was in drama studies and Himchan was studying classical music, the three of them hung out almost every day. They were the people she wanted to spend her days with, not the random people that put of a facade and pretended to be nice. When class ended Eunji quickly packed her bags and tried to make it out of the room without the professor noticing.

"Miss Choi?" He called. Eunji flinched at the name. For her, the name would always Mrs Bang. Eunji turned and with a small smile she headed over to the professor who was turning off the slide show and packing his suitcase. Apparently he has been stuck in the 70's. "I was wondering if you were going to be at the art show later tonight. I think you would be very interested in it." His face lit up as he talked about his old student who had been lucky enough to  come back to this hell hole and boast about how they're an important no body.

"Sure, I'll think about it." With that Eunji ran out of the classroom and bumped into Daehyun who was coming on to look for her. "Hey." She said pulling him as far away from the classroom as possible. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to pick you up...we were suppose to go out to dinner remember?" She and Daehyun had become very close since Yongguk left her. He still doesn't know that they were married but she did tell him that they were together for almost a whole year. For maybe three hours he didn't speak to her, but Daehyun found it hard to stay angry at Eunji who was just so pure and innocent. Although Daehyun has been asking her out on dates for almost four months now, Eunji has always clarified that they were just friends and that nothing was going to happen. Himchan was usually brought along to make sure Daehyun kept his distance. But Himchan had been keeping his distance from their outings since the bowling incident.

"Oh right..dinner...can we head back to the apartment so I can get changed?" Daehyun smiled and the two of them walked back to the apartment. Himchan was sitting on the couch playing video games. Daehyun sat down and joined him knowing that Eunji would take a long time. She went into the largest room in the house and inside was an almost identical replica of the room in her old home. The only difference now was that there were pictures of her and Yongguk everywhere. Her favourite one was the picture sitting on her nightstand of the two of them in their matching Christmas sweaters. Eunji tried her hardest not to look at them for too long, she was afraid if she did that the feelings would eventually disappear. She pulled the first dress out of her closet that she saw. It was a simple navvy dress with white lace t. Looking at herself in the mirror Eunji decided she looked good enough for Daehyun and headed down stairs. Daehyun did a double take before throwing the controller onto the ground and rushing to the front door.

"HEY! THOSE ARE EXPENSIVE!" Himchan yelled at the two as they closed the front door. Daehyun chuckled nervously as the two walked down the street to the small cafe they often visited on their outings. Eunji liked it there, someone she would come by herself and sleep in the booth by the window as she basked in the warm sunlight. Daehyun held the door open for her and she stepped in as two men were stepping out. The taller of the two men accidently bumped shoulders with Eunji.

"Sorry." He said quickly before walking away with his friend. When Eunji heard his voice her eyes flew wide open as she looked at the bustling street in front of her.

"What's wrong?" Daehyun asked looking into the crowd, not sure what he was looking for. Eunji could have sworn that was Yongguk. There was no way she could have mistaken that velvety voice for anyone else.

"N-nothing...forget it...let's eat." Eunji was positive she was going insane. There was no way that Yongguk would be anywhere near her college. The two of them headed to the usual table and Daehyun ordered for both of them. Strawberry tea and vanilla cookies for Eunji, like always, and Daehyun had a slice of cheesecake.   They sat in the cafe, laughing and talking about their days and complaining about all the stupid people in their class. When they finished they left the cafe and headed back to campus where the art show had already begun. Eunji wanted to keep walking but Daehyun pulled her into the show saying that every piece was terrible compared to hers. She had to admit, if she had any feelings for Daehyun, he would be an amazing boyfriend. They walked through the art show together looking at the abstract art that neither of them could explain. As they were standing there admiring the art done by a chimpanzee on speed, someone backed up and bumped into the two of them.

"I am so sorry!" The person said. The two of them turned around and standing in front of them was Yongguk. There was no denying it. It was him. His hair was red and he had lost some weight, but it was definitely him. When Yongguk saw Eunji standing there his heart stopped. He pinched himself to make sure he wasn't hallucinating. "Eunji....and Daehyun..."  Yongguk looked to Daehyun who had puffed his chest up like he had some sort of claim over Eunji now.  Yongguk held out his hand to shake Daehyuns hand sitting there on his finger was the ring. Eunji immediately reached out and grabbed his hand. Feeling her touch again was too much for Yongguk. He became putty in her hands. Daehyun could see this was a losing battle as he excused himself and headed back to the apartment. "Eunji...I can explain..." He looked down at their hands and saw that the ring was on her hand as well.

"I love you." Was the first thing to come out of . She wanted to be angry, to be furious and smack him until he was black and blue, but she couldn't. Seeing him standing in front of her made all the anger disappear and she wanted nothing more than to be in his arms.

"But don't you want to hear my explanation?" Yongguk held onto her hand tightly, afraid that this was a dream and he would wake up alone in his apartment. Eunji shook her head, tears coming to her eyes.

"I don't care about that....I love you Yongguk, you idiot!" Eunji yelled and tears started falling down her face. With a sweet smile Yongguk wiped the tears from her eyes and kissed her eyes lids softly. He brought her into his arms, afraid to hold onto her too tightly.

"Is it dumb of me to ask you to marry me?" Yongguk whispered. Eunji nodded her head and giggled through her tears.

"It would be dumb since we're still married." Shocked, Yongguk pulled away from the hug and looked into Eunji's sparkling eyes. "I never signed the divorce papers you idiot. Do you think I would give up that easily?" Yongguk burst out laughing and embraced her tightly. He lifted her off of the ground and spun her around, everyone at the show was now paying more attention to the love show than the 'art'. "Don't leave me again...please..I'm not strong enough for that." Eunji whispered into his shoulder and Yongguk felt his heart break. If he had barely been holding onto his life, how must have Eunji felt during the year they were apart.

"I promise, I will never ever leave you. How can a master abandon its pet." Yongguk chuckled and refused to let go of her despite the endless stares that would have bothered him with anyone else. They were together, finally, and happy, finally. This was something they both disserved.

-----------------------

~Please comment~

IT'S OVER