Art supplies

Teachers Pet

The first day at her new school was stressful. People kept trying to talk to her and start a conversation but Eunji was too painfully shy. Every time she wanted to answer a question, the words seemed to get stuck in . During her lunch break she quickly snuck out of the room to try and find the art room. It was a bright room with large tables and a chalk board. It was all wrong. There was no lingering smell of paint, to comforting memories or slightest hint that this was anything but a normal class room besides the hidden art supplies. Art was something to celebrate, not hide away in cupboards. The rest of the day Eunji was sulking and praying that a talk with her brother would put everything on the right path. In her old school she was awkward and shy also, but she had art there to help express things, not hide away. The final bell rang and Eunji managed not to say a word to anyone.

"Welcome home." Yongguk said as he read his laptop looking for new jobs that he could get into. The only thing he could really find was circus performer and Marine, and he couldn't stand either of those jobs. Eunji sighed dramatically and threw her bag to the ground. Yongguk cautiously looked over the top of the laptop to see Eunji fuming with anger.

"I HATE MY NEW SCHOOL!" Eunji kicked her shoes off and stormed into the kitchen. Yongguk didn't move from his place as Eunji stormed out of the kitchen with a carton of banana milk in each hand. "I WANT TO GO BACK TO MY OLD SCHOOL!" She went straight to her room and slammed the door. Yongguk sat on the couch, scared for his life. He grabbed the phone and hurriedly dialed Zelo's number.

"Hello?" Zelo answered in a sleepy voice.

"Just a second please~" Yongguk said before knocking on Eunji's bedroom door. She swung the door open and had a terrifying look in her eye. "I called Zelo." He held the phone out and Eunji snatched it out of his hand.

"OPPA! I HATE IT THERE! SWITCH ME BACK TO MY OLD SCHOOL!" She closed the door and Yongguk quietly walked back down stairs and sat on the couch, suddenly feeling drained.

"She's a scary woman..." He shuttered and decided to take this time to watch a war time movie . Sitting at home all day wasn't something Yongguk was use to. Even when he wasn't a teacher he was always running around and doing things with friends and family. But now he had little of each. Eunji came back downstairs with the happy news that she was going back to her old school and was ecstatic. "Why don't you call a friend and hang out with them...you know...have some fun." Yongguk suggested and Eunji said she would think about it. Sitting in the kitchen, Eunji looked at her phone at the only four numbers that she had programmed in it. There was Zelo, her parents home number, Yongguk's number and now Daehyun's which he added the last time they hung out.

To: Jung Daehyun

Want to hang out today? I'm bored.

From: Choi Eunji

Within seconds Daehyun texted back saying he and Himchan would be there in ten minutes. Eunji went to her room to change into something that comfortable but still cute. When Yongguk saw her getting ready to hang out with her friends, he felt very proud that she had managed to make friends.

"So who are you hanging out with?" Yongguk asked as he kept his eyes focused at the movie playing on the television.

"Daehyun and Himchan." Eunji said fixing her hair and Yongguk's head snapped towards her.

"You mean flirty Daehyun and chatterbox Himchan?" Yongguk jumped up from the couch and stood beside the mirror. "I don't want you hanging out with them."

"I don't care~ Just don't go out picking up women okay~" There was a knock at the door and Eunji flew so fast outside that Yongguk didn't have time to grab her.

"Curses...anyways..." Yongguk wandered around the house and realised how bare and lifeless their house was. Yes they were planning on moving one day but still, he realized that this plain house was more like a prison for someone creative like Eunji. Taking this chance, Yongguk got in the car and headed to the first art supply store that he saw. "Um...excuse me..." He talked to the young woman behind the counter who lit up as soon as she saw Yongguk. "I was wondering if you could help my pick out paint supplies." He was utterly clueless when it came to this stuff. He always liked music and dance, but the visual arts always confused him. But if Eunji liked it and helped her express herself, he wanted to be the person to help her with that. As the two of them went around the store easily filling up a cart, the woman began to get more advance with her flirting by resting her hand on his. "Thank you for all of the help. I'm sure my WIFE will love this. My WIFE loves art." Yongguk made sure to emphasize the word wife and the girl got the hint. She sighed and wandered off to help another customer.  He drove home and there was no sign of Eunji so he took all the supplies and set them up in her room. He bought an easel, five medium sized canvases, and a whole range of paint and brushes. It was expensive but worth it to see the smile on her face. When he heard the front door open Yongguk ran out of her room and headed straight to his own and dove onto the bed. He grabbed a magazine and started reading it. He could hear Eunji head upstairs and open the room to her door. Then there was silence, Yongguk was trying to listen carefully for any sort of noise that might indicate where Eunji was, he certainly wasn't expecting her to burst through his door.

"YONGGUK OPPA! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!" She jumped on the bed and hugged him tightly. Yongguk burst out laughing and hugged her back. She was squealing and squirming around on the bed and Yongguk lightly rubbed her back. When she looked at his face properly, they locked eyes and a spark flew between them. The world went still as they looked at each other, Yongguk reached out his hand to touch her face but Eunji jumped off the bed. The thought of Yongguk touching her made her feel a little ill. "Ah...sorry..." Eunji thanked him again and ran to her room.  Sunhwa's face flashed through her mind and she punched her pillow in pure rage. She was so angry that this strange woman held some of Yongguk's past and heart that she would never know. No matter how hard she tried, Eunji knew that she would never take the place of his first love.

-----------------

~Please comment~

THE LEAD FOR THE FIC IS GOING TO BE.......................

 

 

 

DAEHYUN!!!

 

Other characters:

Seo Sanha

Seo Eunkwang