Lifeless

The Case of Innocence

I went to school with Tao every morning and always stopped by the convenience shop for snacks after school. I got a little skinnier and people were noticing it everytime I walked into the school, the house, and at the company. The front desk lady would always send up bread for me because she was worried that I was starving myself which I wasn't. I just ate smaller portions then I used too. Kris even started shoving all types of foods in my face whenever he came over. TOP also touched my forehead whenever I got home because I looked lifeless. I decided to push myself more at sports and Minho would always tell me to rest whenever I got done. They all were worrying for me when I was just doing my thing during my 1 month and 2 more weeks trap.

I sat down in my chair and rested my head on my desk. "When will school be over?" I asked myself while sighing.

Xiumin rested his head down beside mine and puffed out his cheeks. "Just in 25 minutes! Stay strong! Fighting!" Xiumin said raising his fist in the air while leaving the classroom.

I laughed. "Thanks, Xiumin..." I sighed again before putting my head up and running into something. I rubbed my head and looked up annoyed to see Kris rubbing his hurt nose.

"What are you doing here?" I asked getting out of my seat.

"Isn't this your free class? They said honors had free classes this period." Kris replied, looking at his watch.

I looked around the classroom and all the honors were gone and it was just the homeroom students talking to eachother before the next bell rung until school was over.

I grabbed my bag and swung it over my shoulder. "Let's go then.." I said lifelessly. Kris walked beside me while holding my hand and smiling.

"Want to go somewhere today?" Kris asked jumping around like a little kid.

"You know I'm still grounded right?" Kris's smile faded away into a frown. "Wait, what day is it today?" I asked searching my pockets for my phone. I must have left it on the charger! ARGH! I scratched my head in annoyance and stuffed my hands in my pockets angrily.

"It's September...27th. So, today's Thursday." Kris replied putting his arm around me and pulling me closer towards him.

I put my arm around his waist. "I heard Friday nights the ceremony for Mr. Lee's new international branch.. Are you going?" I asked looking up to him.

"If you're going I'll go too!" Kris shouted hugging me.

"Kris, I-I can't breathe!" I shouted back. Kris released the hug and just put his arm around me again. I laughed because he was now red from being shy.

I poked his cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow at the University." I walked the other way as he walked the opposite way. I turned around and he also turned around while waving to me and smiling.

I walked around seeing people run around ready to head to work and rushing for the buses. The street was busy so it people a long time trying to get over to the other side. I was walking down the crosswalk and I looked left and right as I walked across it. I could hear revving from a motorcycle close by and I noticed as I looked to my right, it was coming straight towards me. All the cars stopped and waiting for people to get off the crosswalk, but as everybody was rushing; I looked beside me and there was nobody. The motorcycle was already right by and it went faster as I recognized the engine. Hmm, a V-twin.. better get out of the way fast, but who would want to kill me? I turned to face the motorcycle coming to get me as I closed my eyes and heard the signal beep so the other cars can go now.

I just stood there and waited for it as I heard in inching closer. Time to break out in a cold sweat.. The motorcycle was close and I heard it as it was almost right in front of me. I heard screamings and yellings telling me to open my eyes and move out of the way, but I stayed there. The motorcycle was getting closer and it was now a few yards away. I heard it really close and as I took a giant step left; I felt air strike me as the motorcycle went right pass me.

I opened my eyes turning around and seeing the motorcycle run into a semi truck. I laughed and ran all the way down the crosswalk, letting the cars finally go down to the highway. I finally got to my house and there were cars lining the front as the bodyguards opened the door for me. I was walking around and looking to see if I see any familiar cars and I spotted the Wu's car which was parked right in front of the fountain.

I walked inside the house to see everybody in casual clothing as if they weren't doing any kind of business. Nobody was wearing designer dresses or wearing brand name glasses. Everybody looked simply normal.

I found my mom and walked towards her. "What's with everybody in the house?" I asked nudging her as she was talking to Mrs. Wu.

"Preparation for the party tomorrow night." My mom nudged me back whispering into my ear. I shook my head and bowed to Mrs. Wu.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Mrs. Wu." I said with a bright fake smile. My mom grabbed a drink from a nearby waiter as was now gulping it down.

"Oh, annyeong~ Anahi, I heard that you and Kris got together." Mrs. Wu said happily. My eyes went wide and my mom started choking on her drink. Mrs. Wu and I patted her back trying to stop the choking.

My mom stopped choking. "YOU AND KRIS ARE WHAT NOW?" My mom yelled making everybody stare at her crazily.

I pouted and put my hands in front of my face begging for mercy. "MOMMMY, I'M SO SORRY FOR LYING TO YOU AND NOT TELLING YOU ANYTHING THESE DAYS!" I shouted waiting for a hit on the head.

Mrs. Wu was laughing at how funny I was. "Anna, your daughter has gotten a lot more funnier then when I met her. You were so cute when you were born Anahi!" Mrs. Wu laughed, pinching my cheeks. I fake smiled and said "Thank you."

"Okay, so you and Krissy are dating?" My mom asked sipping onto her drink slowly while staring at me while I stared back at her. 

"Oh, Anna! Don't stare at your daughter like that! You're very intimidating Anna and Anahi! I see where Anahi has gotten this stare now.." Mrs. Wu said laughing yet again. Let me say something real fast.. Mrs. Wu is a very happy and optimistic person. She's always on the bright side and also very clever!

"Well, yes we are dating." I stared back hard.

Mom glared at me. I flinched because it was strong. "How long?"

"..2 weeks." I said slowly.

"More like your whole life! You guys were like a married couple when you were younger!" Mrs. Wu added in chuckling once again.

I rolled my eyes mentally, but crossed my arms physically. "Mrs. Wu, you've to attend a meeting soon with your beloved Husband, Mr. Wu." Mr. Wu said pulling away Mrs. Wu.

"Anna! I'll call you tonight!" Mrs. Wu yelled getting pushed out of the house. They're so cute together haha.

"Lifeless. Just simply lifeless." I heard behind my back and I saw my dad drinking wine.

"Dad, you scared he crud out of me!" I said jumping back a little. "Wait, what were you saying about again? About being lifeless?" I asked curious.

"Your expression is lifeless. Sweetie.. tell me what happened these past 2 weeks." My dad asked pulling me up to his room.

I sat down on my parents bed and started messing with my nails. "I've decided to push myself at sports and cut my food into smaller portions.." I said scratching my neck.

"Is THAT all? Nothing else interesting?" My dad asked raising an eyebrow.

"Well, I made a lot of new friends, but they're all boys and..Kris is my boyfriend. Also some stuck up girl came to my honors class." I said looking up at my dad who was staring down at me.

"Tell me about these friends, Anahi. Are they also in a gang?" My dad asked crossing his arms.

"Dad, there's 2 of them of in a gang, but they're really nice to me! Do you know the Huang family and Mr. Lee's nephew Minseok?" I asked smiling.

"Which Huang family? The one with the crazy beijing duck business or the one that lives down the street?" My dad asked interested.

"The one down the street. His name is Tao and he's also in a gang. There's also Mr. Lee's nephew Kim Minseok? Well, he's also in the same gang as Tao!" I said bouncing on the bed.

"Zitao? He's that kid that always looked scary whenever I visited his house. Haha, that kid would creep around the corner. Talk about spawn of satan." My dad rolled his eyes. "Oh and that other kid.. Minseok! Yeah, he reminds me of one of those dumpling things your Mom made for Chuseok last year! Uhh, what was it called?"

I laughed at my Dad's childish side. "Kris said Tao looked like the spawn of satan too! Haha, Minseok.. um, I think it's called a baozi. Mom made mandu(dumplings) last year.. Baozi is the kind we ate at that restaurant in California! The big one you ate and then you were full." I said trying to help him remember.

My dad tapped his chin. "Oh yeah! THE ONE FILLED WITH SO MUCH MEAT?! Gosh, I bet I had indigestion that time." My dad patted his stomach. 

"Oh dad, I love you. xD" I said patting his back.

My dad ruffled my hair. "Because I'm the coolest dad on earth, sugar." My dad said in one of those high pitched old lady tones. "And I love you too." I laughed because it was too funny.

"Let's go, I bet everybody left." I said dragging my dad out the door and into the living room.


WELL... MY OVARIES HAS EXPLODED PLENTY OF TIMES THIS YEAR.. SO I'VE BEEN TRYING TO FIT SOME TIME FOR FANFIC WRITING. Ahh~ who am I kidding? I bet hardly anybody reads. xD LOLOL