~~~~~~

The Case of Innocence

"So, how has everybody been?" My brother asked while breaking the awkwardness at the dining room table this morning.

The sun was pouring through the big windows as it was warmness in the air.

"Great." "Never been better." "Awesome." "Delighted" my answer after all of those was nothing as they expected an answer out of me.

They all looked at me as I looked up to meet there stares. I coughed awkwardly.

"Perfect.." I said while standing up and going to the kitchen.

--

"I'm going out for a walk. I'll be home by lunch." I said while grabbing my bag and other items I needed for my little 'walk'.

"Do you want me to come with you? I can skip work if you want." Kris asked while coming down the stairs and fixing his tie.

I walked over to him and helped him straighten the tie out.

"Haha, go to work. I have to go to work later too." I said while finishing his tie up and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"I don't think we need to get married. We're already like a newly wed couple." Kris said while kissing my forehead.

"YOU GUYS STILL NEED TO MAKE BABIES!" TOP shouted while coming out of the kitchen with a muffin.

Kris and I rolled our eyes at the man that wanted us to have kids so badly. I patted Kris' back signaling for him to leave for work and he kissed me on the lips while walking off to the front door. 

"You don't need me to drop you off at the park or anything?" Kris asked while getting into his car.

"No, I'll just walk! Have a great day at work." I said while waving bye to him as he pulled out of the driveway.

I sighed and walked out of the house's gate while looking left and right for incoming cars. I safely walked across the street while skipping and headed to the park that was nearby the house.

It was a nice day as I was strolling down the sidewalk while analyzing all the kids playing around. I laughed and smiled to myself at seeing all the little kids playing so happily.

"Must be great to be a kid.." I said a little too loudly because a voice from behind me replied.

"It is." I turned around to see who it was and I saw Minho carrying a little girl.

I smiled immediately and the little girl smiled too.

"Is this the nice Unnie you used to hang out with Oppa?" The little girl asked while pointing at me.

Minho nodded and laughed.

--

Minho and I decided to sit down and catch up on what we missed on eachother as the little girl went to go play with some kids on the playground.

I put my hands in my lap and looked around the beautiful scenery as it was a little breezy and sunny.

Minho glanced at me once in a while as I caught him off guard by staring him also.

"So, how's life? Or.. how are you and Kris hyung?" Minho asked while playing with his fingers.

"Great..." I said while looking down and sighing.

"What's wrong? You don't seem so bright about it." Minho said while putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Well, I have to quit everything I did underground. All the fun things. I have to become Kris' wife and the heiress for the company." I said while resting my head on Minho's shoulder.

"Too many expectations huh? Want me to cheer you up?" Minho asked while sitting me up straight and standed 2 feet away from me.

I stared at him confused and wondered what he was going to do and he suddenly did the most cutest thing ever.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I literally just died inside. I started laughing softly, but then ended up dying on the bench as Minho just stood there doing "Bbuk~ Bbuk" noises.

"Oh my gosh, Minho come over here!" I said while motioning him over.

I tried to surpress my laughter as he sat beside me when a shade of red went up to his cheeks. I laughed again at how embarrassed he was because everybody was looking at him.

"Oh come here you embarrassed little frog!" I shouted while hugging him and laughing.

"You seem happy now." Minho said while pulling back gently and smiling.

I smiled back and rubbed my hands together.

"All better now. Haha, that was awesome. I can use that against you right?" I asked, but Minho put a finger to his lips as to keep it a secret.

I put on a bright smile and gave him the thumbs up as to telling him that I wouldn't tell anyone. Oh, well maybe I'll tell the guys, but that's all. :D

--

Minho walked me home before lunch and he exited through the gate with a big smile on his face as he waved while walking backwards. I waved and noticed that he was going to run into a tree. I yelled, but he already hit the tree. Minho fell down and winced in pain as he slowly got up and smiled again while waving and ACTUALLY looking at where he was heading to this time.

I laughed and waved goodbye as he was no longer in my view.

"Oh my gosh, that man is so hilarious." I said out loud that Hyunsik heard me.

"He must be so hilarious that you were laughing like that at the park." Hyunsik said creepily into my ear.

I turned around to face him and he smiled while patting my head.

"How did you know I was with him at the park?" I asked curiously.

"Your Dad told me to follow you because you've been in a lot of trouble lately." Hyunsik said while laughing and crossing his arms.

"Well, thank you oppa. Want some lunch?" I asked while heading into the house with Hyunsik behind me.

"I ate at home before I came here to guard the house." He said while heading outside without telling me anything.

I turned around to face him once again and he wasn't there. I shrugged and grabbed a drink. I headed upstairs to finish homework and paperwork I got from the office last night that I never had the time to finish.

I had flipped through 20 pages of Intergration among several companies. This paper was taunting me and telling me I couldn't finish it before lunch, but I had 30 minutes until I had lunch. I laughed at the papers and speed read through all of it while making sure I didn't miss anything as I wrote down important details in my notebook.

I finally finished as I stretched my arms out wide and yawned. I turned my spinning chair around to look at the clock as it was just in time for lunch.

--

"How was your walk?" Kris asked while feeding me a carrot.

"Haha, I'm not 5 years old and it was refreshing." I said as I munched on the carrot while smiling.

"I heard you were with Minho. How has he been doing?" Kris asked curiously searching for any emotion in my eyes.

"Hmm, I saw him with a little girl. I haven't asked him how he's been doing." I replied a little disappointed at the fact that he didn't tell who that little girl was nor did he tell me how he was doing.

"Hey, want to help me in the office?" Kris asked while squeezing my hand a little.

"Hmm, nah~ I'll just go back to the company and pick up some papers that I need to do.. I also have a meeting later." I said while pouting.

"Wahh~ you have more things to do then I have to today." Kris said while smiling.

"Well, I bet you have paper work to do." I said while getting up.

"Yeah, tons. Haha, I'll see you home tonight. Seeya later babe." Kris said while getting up and kissing me on the cheek.

Kris left the cafe as I threw away the trash and walked outside the shop. I waved goodbye to Kris who was driving by. Kris waved back with a wide smile as I went in the other direction. I looked around the place as it was silent and it was just the sound of papers flying around as the wind was picking up speed.

"I should get home." I said to myself while looking at the alleyways that could take me home safer.

I walked into one alley where there was hobos and other people walking around enjoying the clubs. I sighed while crossing my arms. I made it through the alleyway until a hand touched my back. I turned around fast and stepped back in fear that I was going to get .

I was worried for nothing. It was stupid Bang Yong Guk with his gummy smile. I laughed and walked towards him.

"What the heck are you doing here Oppa?" I asked as he put his arm around my shoulder.

"Haha, I was checking out the new club. Not as good as the other one you got kicked out of." Yongguk replied sadly.

I patted his back.

"It's okay clubber boy. There's always Spotlight. The best under ground club!" I shouted while everyone looked at me weirdly.

I smiled shyly while bowing in apology. Yongguk laughed at me as I was wearing elegant clothing and everyone else were wearing clubbing clothes.

I looked down at my clothing as Yongguk also did.

"Came back from lunch with the fiancee?" Yongguk asked while laughing and pointing at my clothes.

I smacked his back hard as he leaned to the side while rubbing the spot I hit. I smiled in victory as I straightened my posture and walked forward.

"Yes, I was on a lunch date with Kris and these clothes were for the company. So shut your trap." I said while walking ahead of him.

I turned around to face him and he was smiling goofily. 

"I'll talk to you later! I have to get back to the company. Bye!" I shouted as I ran up the little hill towards the company.

Yongguk waved goodbye as he couldn't see me anymore.

--

"I heard you're getting married Miss Choi." Mr. Hong said while chuckling.

I was looking through some papers as the members were meeting up in the meeting room to talk about the intergration plan between 3 companies. I sighed as I looked over the papers one by one.

"I am getting married Mr. Hong." I replied while rubbing my temples in confusion.

"Congratulations." Mrs. LaFrance said while taking off her reading glasses.

I bowed in gratitude and turned my attention back at the thick packet of papers.

I squinted at one sentence that I didn't understand clearly and I finally saw the sentence clearly.

I whispered it to myself while eyeing it directly.

"The engagement of Kevin Li and Anahi Choi are to be arranged according to Investor San. The great great grandfather of Choi Anahi." I whispered while earning a few stares from the others.

"Is something wrong Miss Choi?" Miss Pan asked while putting down her papers.

"Uh, nothing really... go back to reading." I smiled while looking at that one line.

I tilted my head in confusion as I held the papers in one hand and in the other hand my green tea. I put my tea down and inspected the contents of this page.

It was the will to my grandmother and grandfathers death from years ago when Kris and I first met.

I just stared at the page blankly as Mr. Hong's clearing of this throat got my attention. I looked up.

Mr. Hong was organizing papers while putting it into his suitcase.

"I have another meeting to attend. I'll look this over in the next meeting tomorrow. Take care everybody and drive home safely." Mr. Hong said while leaving.

There was a silence as some other people got up to leave.

I was now in the room by myself with the moons light shining in from the meeting room's window. I looked around and leaned back in my chair as I stared at my shadow that was beside me. I turned around in my chair and looked at the beautiful lights of Seoul and the glimmering moon coming up.

I grabbed my stuff before the sunset had ended. I rushed to my car with my papers and I looked at my watch occasionally just in case it hit 8 or anything. I thought to myself as how the meeting was too long to begin with. I honestly almost jumped out of the window because of that 4 hour meeting.

I got a phone call as I picked it up while holding it with my shoulder.

"Yeobosaeyo?" I answered while unlocking my car.

"Are you coming home for dinner?" My mom asked through the phone with a hint of concern in her voice.

"Yeah, I'm just getting paper work and I'll be off to the house in a few minutes." I responded while getting into the car.

I closed the door and adjust my rearview mirror while putting on my seatbelt. I the stereo while finishing up the call with my mother. A bunch of American music was streaming out of the speakers as I was driving towards home. I looked at the clock and it was 8 already. I pulled up into my driveway and saw Kris' car along with my Dads.

I walked out of the car being greeted by the guards and others working out in the garden or just walking around.

I walked inside the house while taking off my shoes and headed towards the dining room where everyone was waiting on me.

"I'm home and hungry." I said while walking in, but I didn't see Kris.

"Where's Kris?" I asked and everybodies gaze turned towards the backyard window where I saw Kris sitting on the grass in a thin gray cardigan with his black skinny jeans on.

He looked a little mad as I looked over his shoulder. Kris was cutting grass with his hands and I silently sat beside while hugging my knees. I looked at him while resting my head on my crossed arms on my knees.

"Is something wrong Kris?" I asked.

"Not really.. Just wanted to come out and get some fresh air." Kris said while sighing.

Don't like to me Kris. I know you. We've been best friends ever since we were little kids and now you're lying to me. There is something wrong my boyfriend.

"Tell me. I know you're not okay." I said while leaning on his shoulder.

Kris stared at me with a blank expression.

It startled me as I got up from my place and stood up while stretching.

"How about some food Kris? It might take your mind off of things!" I said while pulling him up, but he was too heavy.

"I'll get up by myself." Kris said coldy smiling at me.

Kris got up as he gently pushed me through the door that led to the dining room. Kris and I took our seats and ate.

We brought up work and how it was tiring, but then there came a ring at the door. I stood up as I told everyone I would be back.

"Hello-" I said as I opened the door, but there was that little girl Minho was with earlier this morning.

"U-Unnie." the little girl said while sobbing.

I took her in my arms and closed the door. I put my hands on her shoulders and stared at her trying to get something out of her, but she just kept crying.

"What happened to your Oppa?" I asked quietly making sure the family didn't hear.

"H-He left me and I don't know where he went." The little girl said while wiping her tears.

"May I ask for your name?" I asked politely and cutely trying to make this little girl happy.

"Ihana(eehana)." The little girl said while putting on a little smile.

I smiled back and brought her to the dining room table and everybody looked at me surprised as in "WHERE THE HECK DID THIS LITTLE GIRL COME FROM?!" I laughed at there expressions and sit Ihana on my lap at the table.

"Ihana are you hungry?" I asked while looking down at her.

She nodded her head and rubbed her stomach cutely. I laughed and picked up a spoon to start feeding her some soup.

"Anahi, who's the kid?" TOP asked while pointing with his knife. 

"Minho's.. something. I don't know I saw them together this morning and she said that he left her." I explained as Ilhana was eating all the soup.

"She doesn't look like Minho so probably a cousin." Kris said while drinking his water.

"Maybe.. is it okay if she sleeps over until I contact Minho?" I asked while also taking a sip of water.

"Go ahead." My mom said while finishing her food.

"I'm going to crash so goodnight everyone and Anahi don't forget to clean up the dining table okay? Thanks hon." My mom said while walking up to her bedroom.

I moved Ihana onto my Mom's seat and put chicken noodle soup in front of her as she ate it as if she hasn't eaten in days.

"Hey, I'm going to bed too. Goodnight everyone." My dad while stretching and handing me his plate. My dad walked up to his bedroom also being accompanied by Mr. and Mrs. Wu who were also going upstairs.

I glanced at TOP and Kris to see which one would look up to help me with the table and dishes. They both didn't look up because they knew if they looked up then I would ask them to help me. Gosh, such lazy people.

"Ihana, do you want to help Unnie wash the dishes?" I asked while squatting down to her height.

"Ihana would love to do that!" Ihana squealed as I smiled and laughed.

I glared at the other guys who were staring at me now. I flicked both of there foreheads for being lazy butts.

"What was that for?!" TOP shouted.

"You're not helping me and you're my brother." I shouted back while Kris was snickering.

I pointed at him too while he stopped laughing and looked at me nervously.

"AND YOU. You're my fiancee? How could you make me work by myself and also with a child that just came in not too long ago from the cold weather? DO YOU KNOW WHAT I GO THROUGH EVERYDAY?" I shouted at Kris and TOP who gulped at my sudden unleashed anger.

I calmed down when I saw Ihana tug on my sleeve. I gave TOP and Kris one last glare before they headed to the living room frightened. I kneeled down eye level to Ihana as she giggled.

"Unnie, let's wash dishes now~" Ihana said while holding 2 plates. I chuckled while ruffling her hair as I took other plates and utensils.


A/N: I don't know when this fanfic will end. I'm bad with endings. :P