My Lucky Star

My Lucky Star

It's been a year now and I'm a senior in high school. Ever since Scarlett's break down we've gotten really close, but still not close enough to where she would tell me everything. She liked keeping things to herself and never said a word of complaint. I was getting ready for college as was she. I didn't want to admit it but I was scared that we may lose our friendship once we go to college. What if she goes to a different one than me? What if she goes over seas? Will I ever see her again? So I decieded to hold a house party while my parents were out of town so I could spend some time with her.

"Hey, guys! My parent's are out of town this week. You guys wanna come over?"
"Hell yeah!" Myungsoo screamed out. We were at lunch when I told them, but Scarlett didn't seem to want to go.
"Uh. I don't think I can." Scarlett said while ruffling her hair.
"Oh, why what are you doing?" Kati asked.
"Uh. Ya know family stuff."
"She's a liar." Sunggyu said. "No family stuff this weekend She's not doing anything. NOTHING." He emphasized the last word flailing his arms around with his eye's dialating, you could actually see his pupils! 
"Gosh. having a cousin in the same group of friends. I'm sorry Woohyun, I'm not going I just don't feel like partying." Scarlett said to me.
"That's alright. We don't need you!" I was obvously lying. The only reason why I wanted all my friends over was to chill with Scarlett. Everyone decieded they were coming over friday night except Scarlett and went back to chatting with each other.

To: Scarlett
From: Woohyun

You sure you don't wanna come over?

To: Woohyun
From: Scarlett

Yeah, I'm sure. Thanks for the invite though. I may just drop by and say hi cause your mom doesn't trust you. So she asked me to check up on you. :]

To: Scarlett
From: Woohyun

Wow. Very typical of my mom to do so. -__-

To: Woohyun
From: Scarlett

Yeah. But since they're gonna be there tonight. I don't know. We'll see. Have fun!

I put my phone away and waited for everyone to get here. My friends filed in one by one including Dongwoo, Hoya and my friends from my old school. We were all sitting around laughing and talking when the door bell rang. I ran over to open the door. Scarlett stood there with a huge smile and said "Surprise! You missed me didn't you?" Lauging I let her in. She sat down beside Sungjung and greeted everyone.

"What made you come by?" I asked her.
"I didn't know if I could trust you to have a non-alcoholic house party. So I thought I should go on patrol and keep you guys sober."
Of course very typical of her to make up some excuse like this. We all laughed at her though and began having a great time. I looked around seeing Sunggyu hit it off with Scarlett's best friend Kati. I lauged at the two of them acting too lovey dovey.
"Yah! You two! Get a room! I hate that lovey dovey stuff! That's why I'm single." Scarlett threw a pillow at the couple, but Sunggyu just caught it while Kati was giggling non-stop. The atmoshphere of this night began to go up with all my friends together and just having an awesome time. That is until one of Hoya's friends that tagged along started to get a bit too friendly with Scarlett. His words were slurring also making it obvious he was tipsy.

"What's your name again? Your so pretty!" He said and Scarlett's cheek, but Scarlett brushed him off.
"Get your hands off me. I'm so not interested in flirting with you. Alright?"
"Oh! Fiesty eh? I like em like that!" He was gonna grab Scarlett but I rushed over and pushed him away from her.
"She said she wasn't interested in flirting with you. You got no game of course she wouldn't want to flirt with you." Everyone stayed silent except Hoya.
"Dude, L.Joe. Calm down, not every girl thinks your cool." Hoya stepped up and tried to calm his friend down. But that just made him ever more mad and so he lunged at me. He punched me but Hoya and Myungsoo grabbed him and I stood up. I wiped the blood off my lips.
"Are you happy now? You got to punch me while I couldn't show whose boss." L.Joe sturggled to be released.
"Yah. You two are both idiots. L.Joe stop being a en drunky and Woohyun I can take care of myself." She yelled at the both of us but took my hand and led me outside to my backyard. She didn't say anything as she went to sit down on the cold grass. I followed her and layed down beside her to look up at the stars.
"Thanks for getting me away from that guy, but I really can take care of myself." She turned to look at me showing she was disapionted in me.
"I'm sorry. It didn't look like he was gonna stop easily so I just did it on instinct. But thanks for stopping me earlier I would've really gotten into a big fight if it weren't for you." It was silent for awhile, while we were laying down on the cold grass, looking up at the stars I began to say, "you were really successful at looking like Superman."

"Yah. I'm a woman get yo facts straight." She said smiling. Oh how I loved her smile and how her eye's creased into chinky cute eyes.

"Oh, I mean Super Woman of course." I blurt out laughing.

It got quiet, we were just looking at the stars now but i was thinking to myself how ironic that was because in my eyes she really was my Super Woman... My Lucky Star.

 

Authors Note
Hey guys :] It took me awhile to be inspired to write again but I eventually was haha hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and hope you guys anticipate the upcoming chapters which I'm SO ready to start writing. Thanks! :]