Closer to Heaven

My Lucky Star

"It's written in the stars."

I didn't know what she meant by that but I didn't have time to ask her. The door burst open making Scarlett and I jump out of each others embrace, to find the rest of infinite on the ground in pain at the entrance of my room.
"Yah! Hyung! I told you not to lean on me!" Sungjong yelled at his hyungs.
"Owww! Sungyeol's hurt! Where's my mommy?!" Sungyeol said in third person making Scarlett and Woohyun laugh. Sungyeol was rolling on top of everyone else and was the one that didn't get hurt at all. Hoya grudgingly put a hand in the air and smacked Sungyeol on the head weakly. Scarlett and I helped get everyone off the ground. We couldn't stop laughing at them after they all got back on their feet though.
"You guys should've seen your faces!" I tried mimicking what they looked like but failed because I was laughing too hard. I was then attacked by all my band members playfully. But we all just ended up laughing at each other. Scarlett was sitting on the couch laughing at all of us. I turn towards her when she was still laughing at us and I charge towards her tickling her. She was in a fit of laughter because she was very ticklish. She grabs my hands and seriously says "Woohyun! Stop, I'm really ticklish!" I snuck a kiss on her lips and got off of her and went into the kitchen. I heard her yell out "Yah!" and throw a pillow after me, but I just ignored it.
"Seems like you two are really getting it on!" Hoya comes into the kitchen and pats my back. He smirks at me.
"Yah! Get that smirk off your face." He laughs at me and leaves the kitchen.
"Hyung! I'm hungry. Cook me something!" The maknae says.
"Ne!" I yell out before putting on my apron. Scarlett comes in and stands next to me.
"I'm going home. I guess I'll see you tomorrow?"
"Going home already? Stay for dinner."
"I already ate dinner. You guys eat dinner really late."
"Not our fault were busy! We at least have a life." She smacks my shoulder and pouts. "Just kidding!" I give her a reassuring smile.
"Okay, then I'm leaving! Bye!" She says and leaves the kitchen. I hear her saying her goodbyes to the rest of Infinite before I hear the front door close.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I wake up smiling, but that smile slowly disappears. Our manager comes into our apartment and yells out.
"Yah! Woohyun! CEO of Woollim wants to talk to you. You better hurry to the office right now." Myungsoo who was there with me, looks at me with an expression saying "Ohh! You dead!"
"Uh. Do you know what he wants to discuss with me?" I hesitantly ask.
"No all he told me was he wanted to talk to you privately." I nod and went into my room to change.

I walk into the big building with a cold sweat. Yes, I was scared of what he wanted to tell me. Was he gonna terminate my contract? I had do clue what he was gonna say. He had this way of making you scared out of your mind. I walk up to the secretary.
"Mr. Woollim wanted to talk to me?"
"Ne, Woohyun. You can just walk in, he's been waiting for you." I hesitantly walk up to his office door. I quietly knock before entering. He's sitting there with his glasses on and reading the newspaper. I clear my throat.
"Mr. Woollim, you wanted to talk to me?" He finally puts down his paper to look at me. Surprisingly he smiles at me and motions for me to sit in the chair infront of his desk. I do as he says and sits down infront of him.
"How have you been, Woohyun?"
"I've been great! Our debut went great also."
"That's good. That's what I called you in for your debut stage." I hang my head down and hold my breath waiting for the bad news he was gonna tell me. "Can I meet this girl that you love more than the stars love to shine?" I look up at him surprised.
"Yo- You, um you wanna meet Scarlett?"
"So her name's Scarlett, huh?" Opps that wasn't supposed to slip out of my mouth. "Yes, I would like to have dinner with the two of you. Without infinite there."
"Um. Sure I'd just have to let her know." He nods. "But I should let you know that, um, she's Dongwoo's sister."
"Oh she is? Well then does she look like Dongwoo?"
"No, sir she doesn't. She's much more beautiful." He throws his head back and laughs at me. I uneasily smile along.
"Okay, that's all I will be asking for. A dinner with you and your lucky star." Lucky star? How did he know?
"Lucky Star?"
"You do love her more than the stars love to shine so of course she would be your Lucky Star!" I chuckle lightly.
"Mr. Woollim, I've called her that for almost a year now."
"Well I must be a pretty good psychic." We both laugh before I stand up to bow.
"Thank you sir. I will get back to you a date for dinner."
"Actually, I had already made reservations for the three of us. So just bring her to the restaurant down the street at 7 tonight."
"Yes, sir." I bow again.
"Please drop the formal talk. Since we're gonna be companions from now on. Please call me Hyukshin Hyung."
"Then I will see you tonight Hyukshin hyung." I say bowing one last time before finally heading out.

After I got out of the building I smile to myself. I still had Dongwoo's spare key to Scarlett's apartment. I chuckle to myself and drive myself over to her apartment. I wonder why Hyukshin hyung would want to have dinner with Scarlett. I thought he would disapprove of me having a relationship while being an idol. What if later today he terminates my contract with Scarlett there with me? Oh crap.

I walk up to her apartment door and don't even knock. I just use the key and barge into her apartment. I close the door behind me and turn around to find Scarlett still in bed. She wasn't asleep just laying down reading a book.
"Annyong Woohyun." She says not even looking up from her book.
"How'd you know it was me?"
"Dongwoo never visits. And I figured since the other night you broke into my house, Dongwoo must've given you the spare key." I laugh and take off my shoes and jacket. I sit down at her desk.
"What are you doing later tonight?" I swirl in her chair waiting for her reply.
"I don't think I made any plans for tonight yet. Why?" She still hasn't taken her eyes off the book.
"Well um Hyunkshin hyung, the CEO of my company wants to have dinner with you." She finally gets up and looks at me.
"CEO?! Meaning the owner of Woollim Entertainment? Have dinner with me?" She points at herself.
"Yeah, not with only the two of you. He wants me there too." She just stares at me.
"Why me?" She falls back into bed.
"Why not you?" She whines and kicks her pillows in disapproval.
"Do I have to dress casually and be very very polite infront of him?"
"Yeah, most definitely. If not I may lose my job. Pllleeaaassseee Scarlett?" I give her some aegyo.
"Yah! I told you! Don't do that!" She chucks a pillow at me. I laugh at her.
"You know you love it!" She smiles a little.
"Okay, maybe your just a little cute when doing aegyo." She wraps herself in her blankets and says, "leave me alone! I wanted to rest today!"
"I'm sorry, Scarlett. I don't want to have dinner with him either. But I really want to stick with this job."
"I know, I know. Darn you Woohyun!" She gets up and heads towards the bathroom. She comes back out with her hair in a messy bun and her face makeup less with nerdy round glasses on. She goes into her closet and changed into leggings and an oversized sweater, she puts on her black vans and puts her hands on her hips.
"Let's go to the park!" She rushes out the door and I lock the door behind me also in a rush to keep up to her.

We reach the park and she sits down on a swing. She pats the seat of the swing next to her motioning for me to sit. I go over to her and push her once on the swing before sitting down on the swing. She puts her hands up like she's soaring and closes her eyes lifting her head up. When she slows down and the swing just sits there evenly with mine, she opens her eyes.
"I love the swings the most. I love the feeling of having myself fly. I love the swings cause I believe it takes me closer to heaven." She's now sitting there looking at her feet. She pokes her feet at the wood chips.
"Push me." She looks at me confused. "I wanna know what it feels like to be closer to heaven. Push me." She smiles and gets up to push me so I would swing higher and higher. Once I get pretty high Scarlett stops pushing me and starts to swing on her own. She has her arms out wide and she closes her eyes again. I look up to the sky and pump my legs to make me go higher. Scarlett looked so peaceful and beautiful. I do the same as her and put out my arms and lift up my head. Our fingers brush against each other for a bit until Scarlett reaches for my hand and we both soar together getting closer to heaven together.  This infinite feeling felt so good especially good since I was sharing it was Scarlett. We both slow down eventually landing back onto earth.
"I love the feeling of having infinite space in the sky. It reminds me of the infinite things I can over come. Ever since we moved here I couldn't go to Star Hill anymore so I'd come here and swing until my heart felt paper thin," Scarlett tells me. I squeeze her hand to let her know that I was listening and that I knew how she felt.
"Whenever you feel down, just come to me Scarlett. I don't promise to make you feel better but I do promise to listen and to remind you that your not alone in this." She squeezes my hand back and smiles before standing up.
"Well, Mr. Nam we have an appointment with Mr. Woollim tonight. Shall we go get ready?" She asks me. I smile and stand up ready to leave. I noticed that the sun was already setting. Time flys by when your having a good time. I check my watch and it tells me that it was five in the afternoon. We had two hours to get ready. We walk back to Scarlett's apartment. Once we get to Scarlett's floor she skips up to her door and leans on it waiting for me. Once I reach her I give her a look filled with confusion.
"What? Don't you have the key? Open the door for me please!"
"You forgot your key didn't you?" I smile at her and open and hold the door for her while she skips inside past me. I close the door behind me as I go inside. After taking my shoes and jacket off, I lazily walk to Scarlett's bed and collapsed on it. Obviously exaggerating my tiredness.
"Aren't you gonna go home and get ready also?" Scarlett sticks her head out of her closet to look at me.
"Let me rest for a little bit." I turn away from her and close my eyes. I was never asleep, my eyes were closed but I was fully awake. I hear her running back and forth from her closet to the bathroom a couple times. I open my eyes again and turn to look for Scarlett. The light in her closet was . I got up and walked to her closet to see her in a dress and a grary cardigan. The dress was short but not too short and showed off her defined legs. The bottom half of her dress had a floral pattern while the top half was plain white. Her hair fell down in messy curls making her look like an exotic beauty. I lean on the  closet door and wait for her to turn around to look at me.
"Woohyun?" She says without turning around she backs up a bit to pick up a pair of shoes. She then turns around and bumps into me and she falls on her . I laugh at her and hold out a hand to help her up. She pouts at me, slaps my hand away and stands up. "That was not funny." She says in a serous tone. I just laugh some more at her as she walks out of the closet. I look at my watch seeing that an hour has already passed.
"I think we should get going. I need to change too." She nods and puts on her gladiators and we leave for my shared apartment with Infinite.

We walk into my apartment to find six guys sprawled on the floor and couch in the living room watching television, a re-run of my special stage. They didn't notice us come in, so I snuck up behind them and stole the control to turn off the TV.
"Hey! Who did that? I'm so gonna beat you!" Hoya threatens.
"What's up guys." They all turn around to look at me. They all stand up seeing that Scarlett was with me.
"Wow. Scarlett! You look fine!" Hoya says as Myungsoo whistles. I glare at them and they stop. 
"Are you two going on a date?" Dongwoo asks.
"Uh..."
"We have an appointment with Mr. Woollim," Scarlett says as everyone gasps.
"What? Why, to talk about what?" Sunggyu says with worry in his voice.
"I don't know. We'll have to see. I should go get changed." I quickly go into my room and change into more casual clothing. I come back out of my room with gray khakis, a printed white t-shirt and a black leather jacket. I go back out to find the seven of them sprawled on the couch and floor again watching my special stage.
"Yah! Turn that off. How did you guys get a hold of this anyway?" I try and reach for the control but Sungyeol's long arms reach it first.
"I asked them to record it for me." Dongwoo said without taking his eyes off the TV. I see the time on the TV and it read 6:55.
"Aw ! Scarlett we gotta go!"
"Watch your language!" I ignore the leader and run to get my shoes as Scarlett scrambles to do the same.
"Bye guys!" Both Scarlett and I say at the same time. They just wave their hands in the air indicating that we could leave them alone.

We reach the restaurant and I tell Scarlett to stay still. I get out of my seat and walk around the car to open the door for Scarlett.
"No need to be a gentlemen, Woohyun. But I like it." She says while taking my hand to get out of the car. We walk into the restaurant to find Hyukshin hyung already there. He looks up to see us and he waves at us. I wave back and head towards the table. Once we reach the table we both bow before I shake his hand and sit down.
"She really is a beauty. You were right when you said that she was lots more beautiful than Dongwoo." Scarlett laughs and so does he. I've never seen him so laid back before. Maybe it was because he doesn't have to be so damn strict anymore.
"I've already ate. I was hoping we could just talk tonight."
"That's alright we've already ate also. We could definitely talk tonight! I've heard a lot about you from both Dongwoo and Woohyun." Scarlett says.
"Oh is that right? And what have they said about me?"
"They've said that you had a way with people that made them scared out of their minds. But after tonight I don't think I could trust their words about you." He laughs and looks at me.
"I'm sorry, I was only being intimidating to make you boys work harder. From now on I'll be a bit friendlier." I smile sheepishly and scratch the back of my head.

We just talked most of the time about different things like getting to know each other. I never thought hyung would be so laid back but this always happen to me. I think I know someone very well but they always prove me otherwise. I guess from now on I shouldn't stick with the first impressions. Hyung looks at his watch quickly then looks back up.
"Well, I have an appointment soon but you two love birds can enjoy the rest of the dinner. It was really nice meeting you Scarlett and by the way be sure make Woohyun shape up."
"Ne, I will!" Scarlett says in her cheerful way.
"Woohyun, I'll see you in the office I hope. Please let the other boys know that I'm not intimidating!" With that he leaves us alone.
"Are you hungry? You can order." I tell Scarlett as I move into the seat right infront of Scarlett.
"Should we play a game to see who pays for dinner?" I know I was gonna win so I gave in. We played rock paper scissors of course and of course I won.
"That's not fair. You ." She pouts at me.
"Don't worry, consider this our second date. And of course the man always pays."
"I like your gentlemen ness." She says smiling at me but I laugh at her.
"Here you go again with your grammar. Gentlemen ness is not a word."
"It is in my dictionary."

After we finished dinner we headed back to my car. Once we get inside my car though, I don't drive off.
"Where you do you wanna go?" She looks at me as if she's thinking.
"Hm. Where do you wanna go?"
"Where ever My Lucky Star wants to go to!" I say actually starting my car this time.
"My Lucky Star?" She looks at me with confusion.
"That's you!" I say trying to sound like her cheerful self. "Are you tired? Why don't we just head back to your place?"
"Yeah, let's do that."

We were on our way back to her apartment and that was when I thought I had almost lost My Lucky Star.