Hangover

My Lucky Star

I woke up from the sun rays shining into my bedroom. I stir a little and I could feel something moving beside me. Next thing I know Scarlett's screaming and shoves a pillow into my face.
"What the hell happened last night?" I heard Scarlett asking her self quietly. She then groans in pain and rubs her forehead. All the while I"m watching her in amusement.
"Yah! Get that stupid smirk off your face!" She throws a pillow at me once more before calming down. I gently pinch her cheek and she smacks my hand away.
"You're funny when your drunk. I don't wanna go home, I just wanna look for Woohyun Oppa!" I imitated what she did last night and then laughed at her. A little tint of pink rushed to her cheeks before she was glaring at me.
"Come here," I say to her while wrapping my arms around her and pulling her close to me. I was expecting her to push me away but she doesn't she lets me embrace her. I was sitting with my legs crossed on the bed and so Scarlett had gotten into my lap. I rested my chin on top of her head.
"Why am I here?" Scarlett asks into my chest. I squirmed in place because of her breath tickling my chest. She giggled as she felt me squirm. "Wait." She pushes me away from her harshly and looks at me. "Did you undress me?! Who the hell do you think you are?" She punched me in the arm but she didn't shake me I instead flashed her my cheesiest smile.
"I'm your own personal Namstar! You wished on me last night saying all you wanted was Woohyun. So I gave you your wish. You went all out last night." I smirked at her and I could see her shiver. She ruffles her hair in frustration then hugs a pillow tightly before crawling under the fluffy blankets again. I laugh at her and say, "why are you hiding?"
"Don't talk to me. I'm mad at you."
"Aw, I'm sorry. Tell me what I did wrong!" I said to her while getting under the blankets with her. She sees that my face is only inches from hers, she covers her face with the pillow to give us some distance from each other.
"Ughh, it's getting too hot." She kicks the blankets off both of us not answering my question.
"Let's go make you breakfast!" I say getting up then pulling her arm. She just lays there playing dead.
"I'm comin, I'm comin." She finally gets up and follows me out. "Oh god. I hate hangovers. I'm going back to bed." I chuckle at her and proceed to make breakfast.

"Yah! Let's go eat breakfast! I made yummy eggs." I poke Scarlett's cheek but she just swats away my hand. I give up and pick her up bridal style.
"Yah yah! I'm tired and I feel like ." She says sleepily without ever opening her eyes.
"Not my fault you went drinking until you couldn't stand straight anymore. It's time to wake up sunshine!" She finally lazily opens her eyes. I set her down in the chair and I see her rubbing away the sleepiness from her eyes. I set down a plate of eggs infront of her. She grabs for the fork like a zombie. Every movement that her body made looked as if she was a zombie. I look up at her to see her drop her head onto the table just missing her plate of food but an inch. I sigh and carry her back to the bed the same way I had carried her out of the bed.

I sigh and walk around the porch in basketball shorts and a t-shirt bored out of my mind. Scarlett was still sleeping trying to get rid of her hangover and so I was stuck by myself. I take another deep sigh before heading back inside. I closed the door and I see Scarlett walking out her hair messy and her clothes hanging off her small frame.
"Good afternoon."
"Good god, it's afternoon already?" I laugh at her and walk over to her pulling her into me.
"Hey, Scarlett. You smell like alcohol and sweat." I could feel Scarlett smiling against my chest.
"y huh?" She finally looks up at me. "I'll go wash up then." I let her go and I went to sit on the couch turning on the television.

"Huh?" I turn my head towards the noice. Scarlett's phone was ringing while Scarlett was still showering. I ran into the bedroom picking up my pants that had both Scarlett and my phones in them. I found Scarlett's ringing phone but the call was already a missed call. However soon there was a text message from Kati.

To: Scarlett
From: Kati
Hi, Woohyun. I know Scarlett is too hung over to be picking up her phone that for some reason has been with you for the whole day yesterday. I just wanted to say to you that I hope you keep your promise of never hurting her again. What ever you two decide as long as Scarlett is truly happy, I'll support you two. Just please promise me you'll keep your promise. I don't like seeing Scarlett all broken and not herself. She's different ever since you came along. She was always happy but behind that smile I always knew that sometimes she really wasn't truly happy. But You did make her truly happy and I just hope you two will stop denying your feelings for each other. Well, I mean I hope you get Scarlett to stop denying her feelings for you. :] Okay, I'll stop nagging now. Now go get her, Woohyun!

To: Kati
From: Scarlett
I'll protect Scarlett forever. I'll keep my promise on one condition.

To: Scarlett
From: Kati
One condition??

To: Kati
From: Scarlett
Yes, on one condition because I don't need to verbally promise to myself or you that I'll protect her because I love her too much not to worry about her also because promises are meant to be broken. So if you still want me to verbally promise you, I'll do it on one condition. Which is that you tell me why you haven't been talking to Sunggyu.

To: Scarlett
From: Kati
lol Okay, Mr. Smarty Pants. I haven't been talking to him because I've been busy with school and work. I've already talking to him and were cool now :] We're not like you and Scarlett who can't talk about our feelings. You two really need to learn from us.

To: Kati
From: Scarlett
haha funny. Thanks, Kati :]

"What are you doing?" I turn my head to see Scarlett standing in the door way. I quickly hit send then put the phone back into my pant pocket. I walk over to Scarlett and I put my arms around her waist breathing in her vanilla scent.
"This is much better."
"What?"
"haha I said this is much better. That you don't smell like alcohol and sweat, you just smell like Scarlett." She smiles up at me as she wraps her tiny arms around me. She goes on her tip toes and her lips are inches away from mine I was about to meet her lips half way when we heard my phone ringing. I pry myself away from her to retrieve my phone.
"Hello?" It was my manager telling me I had a photoshoot to get to and to hurry my over. "Araso. I'll be there in a bit." I hang up and sighed. "I have to go to a photoshoot. You want to come with me?"
"No, it's okay. I miss my bed anyway and my hang over hasn't fully gone away yet." I nod and I take her hands in mine holding onto her fingers then resting my head on top of hers.
"I'll take you to Kati's then."
"Woohyun, Kati's place is my home now."
"Sh, don't disapoint me. You live here, this is your home."
"Woohyun," again she tries to tell me. I angrily let go of her hands and walk off grabbing my car keys.
"Let's go."

"Woohyun, just listen to me okay?" We were in the car and it silent until Scarlett broke the silence.
"No, Scarlett you listen to me. After all that we've gone through why do you have to do this to me? To yourself?"
"I'm not doing anything to myself."
"Why won't you just admit that you love me? That you have loved me? I know you and I know that you didn't believe in love but you fell in love with me. What more do you want to show that sometimes taking a risk for love is worth it?" Scarlett didn't say anything, again she never answered me. "I don't understand how I can care this much and you don't care at all." I hear her sigh and by now we had gotten to the destination.
"Good bye, Woohyun." She gets out of my car and I watch her walk off, but I soon get out of the car and chase after her. I spin her around to face me.
"We're not done yet. Nothing's over." I lean down to kiss her softly before leaving.

Was I too harsh? It was sort of my fault that Scarlett had distanced herself from me so much but I was just too tired of Scarlett not admitting it to herself. I told her it wasn't over and it wasn't, I wasn't giving up yet.