Dongwoo and Facing the Media

My Lucky Star

I go up to the nurse behind the counter and ask for Scarlet's room number.
"Let's see. Room 177." I thank her and I go off and look for room 177. I find room 170 then 172, 173, 174, 175, 176 ,177! Here it is. I take a deep breath before opening the door. I walk in and go past all the curtains to find Scarlett laying in the hospital bed sleeping. Even in her sleep she still looked so beautiful. I slowly walk over to her taking in the image of her, hurt and unable to cheerfully greet me. I take her hand in mine and I whisper her name as I bring her hand up to my face, I close my eyes in agony.
"Woohyun." I thought I dreamt Scarlett saying my name but I open my eyes and see Scarlett looking up at me smiling weakly.
"Scarlett. I'm so sorry. If only I had driven slower."
"Woohyun, we both know it wasn't your fault. Just be glad that we both survived." I nod and tighten my grip on her right hand. I close my eyes and stay like that for a while and I could feel Scarlett using her free hand to my temple and my jawline. I open my eyes again deciding to tell her about the press conference.
"I have a press conference today at 2 o'clock." I say simply.
"To talk about the accident?"
"Yes, I will be talking about that too." She looks at me confused and I sigh. "Hyukshin hyung thinks it's best to have me explain our relationship so my fans don't bash on you anymore." She looks at me with guilt.
"Woohyun, we don't have a relationship. We have friendship, that's all you need to say."
"Scarlett, don't worry about it okay? Just rest well, I'll take full responsibility for this situation." I kiss her hand. I had no clue what the media would ask me. But what ever it was, I was ready to face them. I was ready to answer all the questions honestly. No lies.

The next few hours we talk a little  as we watch television but then it was getting near the time that I had to get ready fro the press conference.
"I have to go now. I'll call Dongwoo and the rest of the boys to come and take care of you okay?" I lean down towards her and kiss her forehead. "Please be waiting for me." I smile at her lovingly before leaving her hospital room. I stand outside her door and call Dongwoo. I hang up on the fifth ring because I saw him running up to me.
"You came just in time. I have to go. Please take care of her well." I tell Dongwoo.
"Woohyun, be careful. I know your not that kind of ruthless person but still think your answers through. The media is very manipulative." I nod in understanding and put my hand on his shoulder to assure I would be alright. I say good bye and headed to Woollim office. I enter through the back because there were already reporters in the front. As I get to the lobby Hyukshin hyung was already there waiting for me.
"And so the protagonist arrives!" He stands up and greets me and I greet him back. "Go get changed and all the reporters should be coming soon." I follow my coordi noona as he says. After I changed I came back out and before we went out to face the media hyung stops me and says something similar to what Dongwoo had said.
"Woohyun, I know your not a ruthless person but I still want you to think your answers thoroughly alright? Today your the protagonist and being a protagonist means to take the situation into your own hands and fixing it. I know I can trust you on this right?"
"Right." I nod and he pats my back. I take a deep breath before stepping out of the main doors and facing all those reporters.

________________________________________________________________________________________________
(Dongwoo Point of View)

Scarlett was flipping through the channels as she layed in bed. I think back to when Woohyun first left today for the press conference. His face was emotionless, I really hope he'll do fine. It's too bad Infinite couldn't be there to help him. Scarlett kept flipping through the channels until she stopped. I look up, curious as to what she was watching. I look up and see Woohyun's face plastered there. "Infinite's main vocal Nam Woohyun recently was involved in a car accident and is here today to give us some details about that. Also not only that but his company Woollim Entertainment has promised us that Woohyun will give us juicy information about the girl he confessed to on Music Bank. The girl he confessed to is said to be Dongwoo's little sister Jang Scarlett and some fans have even said that they've seen the two together. Nothing has been confirmed yet but in just a couple seconds Woohyun will clear everything," I heard the news anchor say. Despite the situation Woohyun  still was being polite and bowing and greeting everyone. It then goes to show the reporters asking questions one by one.
"Woohyun! What were you doing before the accident? There is a rumor saying you were drunk. Did you have any alcohol at all?" The first reporter sticks her microphone into Woohyun's face.
"Before the accident I had dinner with Mr. Woollim. No I did not have any alcohol." Woohyun answers them calmly with the same expressionless face I saw earlier. 
"There are rumors saying that there was a girl with you two at dinner and that she was involved in the accident, is it true?"
"There was a girl with us, the girl I had confessed to on Music Bank had dinner with Mr. Woollim and I. Yes she was involved in the accident, she was hurt more than me and is still in the hospital."
"Is it true that she is Dongwoo's little sister Jang Scarlett?"
"Dongwoo's little sister Jang Scarlett is the girl that I confessed to and she is the one that had dinner with Mr. Woollim and I. Scarlett-shi is the one that was with me at the time of the accident."
"Some of the fans have been attacking her verbally through her Cyworld. Do you have anything to say to those fans?"
"Infinite fans and fans of Infinite's Woohyun. I would like you all to know that I love you all dearly but there is a little part of my that is very disappointed in you. If you all were true fans of mine you guys would've waited to hear directly from me the truth. If you all were true fans of mine or of Infinite you would not have attacked her Cyworld. Yes those rumors were true though but that still gave you no right to hate her. I love her more than the stars love to shine and if you guys have a problem with Infinite's Woohyun having a girlfriend then I suggest you like some other member from Infinite." I was shocked to know that Woohyun was being so straight forward about this. I know this was gonna effect Infinite but I don't care. Woohyun is more important than Infinite's fans.
"Woohyun, so then the two of you are in a relationship?"
"No we're not in a relationship yet."
"Then why would you say that to your fans? That if they had a problem of you having a girlfriend to go like some other member from your group?"
"Because even though we're not in a relationship yet I'm hoping we do in the future."
None of the reporters asked anymore questions and they were just chattering among themselves. I then see Mr. Woollim step infront of Woohyun.
"If you guys don't have anymore questions then we will be leaving."
"Wait!" One of the reporters holds up their mic in the air and then puts it back to their mouth. "I don't have a question but I do have a comment. Woohyun, I agree with your reaction towards the fans and I really hope all those fans stop bothering you two. Thank you that's all I had to say." Another reporter holds up their mic in the air also.
"I hope to be able to interview Scarlett with you one day." With that Mr. Woollim waves good bye and Woohyun bows. They both head back inside. That was it. That was the press conference. I turn to look at Scarlett and she just layed there her eyes wide open.

"Scarlett..." I say while reaching for her hand.
"His career is gonna go down hill from now on. All because of me. Dongwoo what have I done?" She looks at me tears in her eyes threatening to fall.
"Oh come on, Starly." I say Scarlett's childhood nickname. She got that nickname from me because when I was little I couldn't pronounce the 'c' correctly. I was the only one that called her that though. "His career isn't gonna go down hill. We're Infinite! There's Infinite number of possibilities baby!" I say cheerfully. She cracks a smile.
"I'm so glad your my brother, oppa." She tightens her grip on my hands and I smile at her. "I just hope you're right, Dongwoo."

______________________________________________________________________________________________
(Original Piont of View)

I headed back inside with hyung following behind me.
"Woohyun, no matter how the fans or the press reacts to what you said. I believe you said all the right things out there and I'll be here to support you not matter what." I look at him sad that he's more of a father figure than my real father back at home. I hug him tightly, surprising him.
"Thank you so much. Why does it feel like you do a better job caring for me than my father did?" He smiles at me.
"I'm sorry to hear that Woohyun. Please just think of me as your father. I would've loved having you as a son." He pats my back once more. "Woohyun I have a meeting soon, you'll be alright getting back right?" I nod and give him a reassuring smile. I watch his back as he soon becomes a blur. I sigh and bow to all the workers that were still there and head out. I first head back to my shared apartment with Infinite. Once I walk in I find five bodies rushing over to me and enclosing me in their arms.
"Woohyun!" They all say and then let me go. I smile at them so glad that I have these people in my life.
"Hey guys. I've missed this place sooo much!" I say as I leave their hug and look around at the apartment. Nothing changed it was just the same. "You guys wanna go with me to visit Scarlett?"
"Yeaahhh! Take me with you hyung!" Sungyeol tugs on my sleeve. Sungjong comes along also and gives me those puppy eyes.
"Go get ready and lets go!" I say to them.
"Nice to have you back, Woohyun." Sunggyu says to me and I smile at him.
"Yeah. We all missed you sooo much." Myungsoo says.
"Huh. I thought you guys would love it here without me. Since you guys did give me the nick name of "The more you see him the more you wanna punch him,"" I said to them.
"Oh come on! That's an old joke!" Hoya says assuring me while putting an arm on my shoulder. They all tell me about what has been happening while I was gone and then we go and visit Scarlett and Dongwoo.