Meeting My Lucky Star

My Lucky Star

“DADDYY!!!! COME HERE!!” I rushed over to Sophia’s bedroom forgetting she wanted a bed time story.

“Sorry, sweetie I’m coming.” I sprinted to her room and sat on her bed.

“Daddy, you were supposed to tell me a bed time story!” She whined.

“Mianhe, I had to tuck your brother in cause your mommy’s not here.” I told her.

“Okay okay, I forgive daddy.” Smiling I kissed her forehead and began the bed time story.

*18 years ago*

This is it… what ever happens, happens. I stepped into the building full of chattering kids, and went to the office to get my schedule.  After getting my schedule I went to go look for my locker it was a huge number. Well not that big but in the thousands.

“1946… 1946… ” I kept whispering to myself my locker number while looking around like a lost kid. Well technically I was a lost kid. I had no clue where my locker was.

“1940 … 1941 … 1943… 1944… 1945… AH HA! Here it is.” I finally found my locker! ASA! I tried my combination but it wouldn’t work. I tried it a second time, third time… nothing.

“Need help there?” A girl asked me. She took my paper with my locker combination on it, and tried to get the damn locker open. Maybe it was just my luck because she got it open on the first try.

“Thanks!” I thanked her and proceeded to put my stuff in my new locker, forgetting about the girl that stood next to me.

“You must be new, I’m Scarlett. We’re locker buddies, so let’s be friends!” She said super excitedly.

“Hey, I’m Woohyun!” Giving her my best smile and ignoring her friendliness.

“Do you need help with your schedule? Or finding the rooms? I could be your tour guide!” Why does she always sound so excited?! I don’t plan on making any friends here. Why won’t she leave me alone?

“No thanks. Thanks anyway, if I do need help I’ll be sure to let you know first!” I told her before going off to search for my first period class.

“Ah, okay. Good luck on your first day here!” I heard her yell after me.  

                I was showing Hoya around my new home when the door bell rang. My mom called from the kitchen for me to go get it. I opened the door revealing the girl from school who helped me open my locker.

“Oh, hey locker buddy,” I said.

“Hi Woohyun! I just came by to give you guys these cookies to welcome you guys to the neighborhood. I could be your tour guide for the neighborhood also, ya know.” She said in that exciting way of hers .

“Uh, yeah. Thanks for the cookies. We feel super welcomed.” I told her. My mom came and greeted her and took the cookies and I left. Strange, she’s a strange girl. I walked back to my room.

“Woohyun! Come here, it’s a bit dark out and I don’t want Scarlett walking about by herself why don’t you and Hoya walk her home?” My mom stopped me in my tracks. Oh great and I said I wasn’t gonna make any friends at that school.  

“Uh… well, okay let me get Hoya.” I said.

“Oh no its alright Mrs. Nam. I’ve lived here for three years, I’m used to it.” Scarlett stated.

“No no no no, I am not letting a young pretty girl like you walk alone at night. Woohyun’s a brave boy, please, you two should get along well.” My mom does things that are not necessary, gosh she’s … well she is a little girl. I should walk her home. I went to my room to let Hoya know.

“Okay! We’ll be back mom.” I yelled out before we left.

“Okay, ka!” She responded.

It was awkward for a bit until Scarlett broke the silence.

“So your Hoya? I’m Scarlett. Nice to meet you!”

“Yeah nice to meet you too. So your locker buddies with Woohyun? ” Hoya asked.

“Yeah! It’s a good thing I’m his locker buddy, because he at opening his locker.” She joked.

“I am not! I’m new what do you expect?”

“Haha alright, take a chill pill. How was your first day?” She asked?

“It was alright. I like my classes.” I told her.

“Thanks for including me guys…” Hoya interrupted.

“Hoya get outta here! Haha just kidding, do you miss Woohyun at your school?” She asked Hoya.

“Hell yeah! He’s my wing man! Now I don’t got one.” He pouted. “But the girls still love me. Haha.”

“You were my wing man, I’m cooler.” I told them.

“Haha Alright guys. Thanks for walking me home. You guys can go back now. See you sometime soon Hoya. See you at school Woohyun!” She called out while walking up her drive way. This was the first time I got a good look at her. Her hair was up, her eye’s got chinky when ever she smiled.

“See ya, Scarlett! Hope to see you some times soon too!” Hoya said interrupting my thoughts.

We started to go back, I looked at the few stars that started to show and couldn’t help but think of Scarlett’s eye smile.

 

Authors Note
Hi :] I'm shorry if that was boring. I myself thought it was boring. But I promise it'll get more interesting! Well I hope so atleast.