Scarlett

My Lucky Star

Woohyun had come and picked me up from my job. I was trying to fall asleep in the car ride to where ever he was taking me. Of course because it was daytime I couldn't fall asleep. I heard Woohyun turn off the engine and I turn to look at him.
"Are we there already?"
"I thought you went to sleep?" He my bangs out of my eyes. I shivered under his touch.
"I can't fall asleep during the day." He nods.
"We're there. You ready to eat?" I nod furiously! Oh boy how I loved food. We get out of the car and as the gentlemen that he is, he layed out the blanket for us then gave me my food! I loved it when he cooked for me. He's a really good cook.

We finished eating and he took the basket and put it in the car as I stayed put. Woohyun turned the headlights on before returning beside me. The bluff gave us a very beautiful sight, I was enjoying it and looking at it with intensity when I was interrupted.
"You make the stars feel ashamed." It took every little strength of mine to sit still and not squeal like a little girl. Why Woohyun of all times why now would you say all these sweet things? It would be so much easier if you had an evil heart.
"What are you talking about?"
"I always thought that the most beautiful thing I've ever seen is the stars. That is until I met you, your beauty puts even the stars to shame." I wanted to feel the rush of happiness that I always got whenever Woohyun said anything sweet to me, but the only rush of feeling I got was sadness.
" 'When he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.' This is what Juliet say's about Romeo but its all made up. How do I know that what you just said is all made up?" I surprised myself with the coldness in my tone of voice.
"Made up? Why would I just make that up. I don't have the time to make up that kind of stuff." I could see he was very saddened at my change of mood. I'm sorry, Woohyun this is the only way.
"Does your love lie in your heart or in your eyes?" I tried saying it with no emotion and I guess I did a good job. I could see that he was confused with this new attitude of mine.
"Why would you even question my love for you? Of course my love lies in my heart, Scarlett." My heart ached so much. I'm sorry, Woohyun I really am. I'm sorry I have to put you through this. I sit here not wanting to say no more or I would burst in tears.
"Scarlett... I've noticed you've been more distant. Is something wrong? You can trust me." He takes my hand and and turns me to look him in the eyes.
"The thing is, can I really trust you? Do I regret agreeing with moving in with you when I had no feelings for you?"
"Wait! Hold up. Okay you didn't have any feelings for me? Then why would you just brush off our kiss more like kisses now. You obviously love me Scarlett."
"Really, Woohyun? And what makes you think that?"
"Because I know. I can see it in you're eyes that you love me. The way you smile, the way you grab my hand and skip ahead... Scarlett why are you being this way? The Scarlett I see before me tonight isn't that same Scarlett I fell in love with."
"That's funny we're talking about love right now but neither of us has the guts to come out and talk about our relationship. We were never official we were never really in a relationship." I really believed that we didn't have to declare our love out loud for us to know that we both loved each other. This was one of the reasons I loved Woohyun so much. I didn't have to talk about my love for him out loud for him to know that I loved him.
"I'm sorry," he says quietly unlinking our hands. I sigh and take his hand in mine.
"No, I'm sorry. I was too harsh. Let's go home and rest."

In the car ride home so many thoughts were rushing through my head. Do I leave now? I have to keep my promise and I'm a woman of word. I really didn't want to do this though. I'm sorry Dongwoo. Even if you're my brother I cannot tell you.

We finally reached home and we both changed and brushed our teeth before crashing in bed. We still say our good nights and Woohyun leans in planting a soft kiss on me. I couldn't help it and pulled him in for another kiss giving all my love to him in this one last kiss. We pull away and I turn away clutching at my chest feeling my heartbeat going at an un-normal pace. I take a deep breath before holding my breath trying to regulate my heartbeat. I could hear Woohyun's breathing even out and I waited until he was deeply asleep before getting out of bed. The only things I took with me were my favorite clothes and the things I needed. One thing I needed most was my favorite Woohyun shirt. I'm sorry Woohyun I'm taking this with me. Before leaving out the door I write a quick note and left it on the bedstand. I walk outside in the cold, at this time not much was going on in the streets. I waited patiently for the bus to come and I got on it. I didn't know where to go. There was only one place that I wanted to go to right now.

I took a bus back to my hometown and went up to Star Hill, I sat there thinking.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
(Flashback)

Woohyun left for his schedule with Infinite and I sent him off with a warm hug. I came back into the living room to find he forgot his phone. I was about to run out and catch up to him but I thought twice. I looked out the window to make sure the van Woohyun's manager had come and picked him up in had gone far down the street. I looked through the contacts and found the person I was looking for. After a few rings Wooyoung finally picks up.
"Woohyun! So nice of you to call!"
"Um, sorry. This isn't Woohyun. This is Scarlett."
"Ah, Scarlett. Nice of you to call me."
"I was wondering if I could meet with you and your parents to discuss Woohyun?"
"To discuss Woohyun? What for?"
"Could you please talk to your parents for me? I feel more comfortable that you ask them for me."
"Of course, just come over to our house!"
"Today is fine then? I'm free today."
"Well, I'll make sure to welcome you warmly. Please, come."
"Alright, see you in a bit."
"Yes I'm very excited to see you." I hang up. I sit there holding onto Woohyun's phone feeling guilty.

I quietly whisper, "I'm sorry Woohyun."

I had taken the bus back home and I had planned to visit my parents for a little bit before going over to Woohyun's house but they weren't home so I went straight to Woohyun's house. De javu hit me like a brick. This felt like the high school days just walking back and forth between my house and Woohyun's house to hang out and have fun. I got up to the door and hesitantly knocked. Wooyoung opened the door, he smiles widely at me. Even though he was Woohyun's brother they looked nothing a like. They acted nothing a like either.
"Scarlett! You're here!" He embraces me and whispers in my ear, "my parents may act a bit cold towards you. I'm sorry if they offend you in any way." I give him a small smile to assure him I'll be fine. We walk into Woohyun's house and Woohyun's parents were sitting on the couch sipping on some tea waiting for me.
"Annyeonghaseyo, eomeoni abeoji" I say politely and bow. They look at quickly me then turn their heads. I felt so uncomfortable without Woohyun here. I stand here not knowing what to do.
"Sit," abeoji says flatly. I do as he says. Wooyoung follows behind. "What did you want to say?"
"I'm sorry, this is all my fault. Please drop this grudge you guys hold against Woohyun. Even though he did something you guys didn't like you guys shouldn't just forget about him. He is your son."
"I used to think you were a special girl. I used to think you were perfect for Woohyun, but look what you turned him into." Eomeoni sneered at me, making me even more uncomfortable. I stuttered but decided to close my mouth before I embarrass my self even more.
"Well, why did you come here?" Abeoji pushed me to say what I came here to say.
"Woohyun, is your real son. You guys need to be on good terms with him again and talk to him please."
"Well, this is your fault. How are you going to take responsibility for it?" I didn't know what to do. I thought that if I came and apologized personally and asked them myself they would drop the grudge but they were so stubborn. There was only one more option I could do to get Woohyun his parents back. I take a deep breath and sigh.
"If I promise to leave Woohyun's life will you guys talk to Woohyun again and let him go with his music major?" They finally looked up at me with interest.
"Well, of course we can't say no to that. Leave him and we will do as you asked." I look up surprised.
"You guys will even let him continue his music career? Let him stay in Infinite?" They nodded.
"We promise, you just have to keep your end of the promise." I nod slowly.
(end of flashback)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

My heart was saddened at the way Woohyun's parents point of view of me changed so drastically. I remember when they looked at me with admiration, when they looked at me with warmth and not coldness. 

Woohyun had called me countless times, but I never picked up. I needed to stop moping around and decided to go to Kati's house which was back towards where I had come from. She was the only person I could go to.

I knocked on Kati's door and I heard some rustling from inside before the door opened.
"Scarlett!" Kati gave me a big bear hug and I hugged her back. I missed this girl so much.
"Kati." She takes my hand and my stuff and yanks me inside her apartment. I look around taking in her place before sitting down. She goes into the kitchen and comes back out with some drinks.
"How have you been? I missed you so much!" I smile at my only friend.
"I've been good. I've missed you too. How are you and Sunggyu?"
"Sunggyu and I haven't really kept in touch. Scarlett, don't lie to me. I know you're not good right now. What's wrong?" She comes and sits next to me. She embraces me and I just hug her tight holding onto the only person that has been there for me through out all my tough times. The only person whose been there for me even in middle school when all those jealous es would try to ruin my life. Oh, I missed my best friend.
"Scarlett, really you can tell me." I take a deep breath and I tell her everything. I tell her about Woohyun and I moving in. I tell her about Woohyun and his parents argument. I tell her everything until night fall came. She just sat there listening to me as her arms were around me. I had finished telling her everything and then my phone started to vibrate. I didn't have to look at the caller ID to know who it was.
"Aren't you going to pick up?"
"No, it's just Woohyun." She looks at me with sadness in her eyes.
"I'm sorry I've been such a bad friend. Please tell me how have you been," she smiles at me. She tells me a little but stops.
"I'll tell you more tomorrow, it's been a long day for you. Why don't you get some sleep?" I nod still in her embrace. She finally lets go. "We'll just sleep in the same room. You know like a slumber party just you and me. Like high school days." I smile sadly. Thinking of all the good times we had and how much we both had grown.

It's been two months now that I've stayed with Kati. I loved living with her no matter how much I missed living with Woohyun. Today out of the blue I got a phone call from an unknown number. I was contemplating on answering or not answering. I finally answerd.
"Hello?"
"Hello? Scarlett?"
"Yes, this is she."
"Scarlett, this is Woohyun's mother. I need to talk to you right now."
"Ne, eomeoni. Where should we meet?"
"Just come to my home." I was so confused. I thought they wanted me out of Woohyun's life? Why would they call me and tell me to go to their house? I shouldn't have answered.

I finally reach my hometown again and I make my way to my house to visit my parents before going over to Woohyun's house. I knock lightly on the door, eomeoni opened door. I bowed and politely greeted her. She looked at me with hate written all over her face.
"Come in." She says flatly. I walk in and
abeoji is sitting there in the living room staring at the TV screen. Eomeoni follows behind and goes and sits next to abeoji. I hesitantly sit down across from them. It was quiet for a bit when eomeoni broke the silence.
"I thought you would stay out of his life and he would be normal again. He still doesn't want to talk to us because of you." She says coldly to me. I could hear the hate in her words. I just look down and play with my hands. I know I didn't do anything wrong so why couldn't Woohyun's parents see that I didn't do anything wrong? They kept blaming me.
"All because of you! Give me back my son!" Eomeoni finally showed her anger without any disguises. I was so surprised at eomeoni's tone of voice. She screamed at me demanding I give her her son back. She stands up and was about to slap me across the face when someone yelled out.
"Umma! Stop that right now!"