Friday Night

My Lucky Star

"Where are we going?"
"Didn't I say it was a secret?"
"I don't like surprises. Just letting you know."
"Well then your gonna have to deal with it."
She turned up the music, but I lowerd it. She pouted and said "fine!"

A few moments later we arrived at the destination I wanted to take her. She stayed silent and just followed me while holding onto the tail of my shirt. I lead her through the maze of tall grass until we got to a clearing. I sat her down under a tree and I layed under the tree with my hands under my head. She just sat there taking in the scenery then looked at me and layed down also. I don't know what was going through her head that she wouldn't say anything, but this silence just felt so good. Some people say that silence shows awkwardness but this silence didn't have a drop of awkwardness or sadness, it was different in a good way and refreshing and I had no clue why.

"Is this where you go to escape reality?" She surprised me with this question. I hesitated before answering.
"Yeah, it is. Pretty awesome place huh?"
"So this is near your old home?"
"No babo, I live here." I smiled and turned to look at her. I saw her lips crease into a moon shape. She took the camera around her neck and shot a picture of the sunsetting. She turned to me and I realized what she was gonna do so I gave my best smile and put up a piece sign. Now that I noticed the camera, I never noticed her bring it with.

"I don't remember seeing you bring that?"
"Oh, my camera? I bring it everywhere with me. Haven't you noticed?" No I haven't noticed, this is my first time seeing her carry around a camera. I nodded anyway and got up. She was still sitting down looking aournd when I held out my hand for hers. She smirked and got up herself and dusted off her . I shrugged and followed. We got back into the car and drove off.

"Oh, I keep forgetting to ask. When's your birthday?" She asks cutting off the silence.
"Why does it matter?"
"Because I just remember that I called you "Oppa" this one time. And I could be your noona... so I was just wondering."
"December 7th."
"Oh, your a late baby? Yeah your my oppa." She was shaking her head furiously so I reached over and held the top of her head to make her stop.
"Don't nod so much. It looks like your heads gonna fall off. And who said you could call me "Oppa?"
"I did!" She said smiling and raising her hand. I laughed and focus back onto the road. "So where are going now?"
"Where do you wanna go? It's a friday night and I'm stuck here with you. So pick something thats interesting."
"Yah! I'm not picking anymore." She turned away and looked out the window cursing to herself in a whisper.
"I was just kidding. Let's get some icecream!"
"Yeah! Your paying!" She turned back to my direction and bounced in her seat. I laughed at her sudden change of mood.

We were eating our icecream enjoying a conversation when she turned to look out the window, sighed and asked "Don't you ever wonder why people think so lowly of themselves? I get it that they're insecure, but it just bugs me that they don't see the beauty behind everything." She turned her head and looked at me expecting an answer.
"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. You can't make someone think something's beautiful."
"I guess your right." She took her camera and took a picture of me eating icecream.
"Yah! I know I'm handsome but I never gave you permision to take a picture of me! I could sue you."
"Okay! I'm sorry. I'll ask next time." She giggled and put her camera away. We went for a walk out in the busy streets. So many faces and so many unknown stories. I wonder if Scarlett was thinking the same thing as me.
"Scarlett? What's going through your head right now?"
"Well... I was thinking ... There's so many faces but so many unknown stories. If it was possible I'd like to know all those unkown stories." She said, taking pictures of buildings and random people. We got back to my car and since I didn't want her parents worrying I sent her back home. The car ride wasn't as silent as the first, we talked more and joked even more than usual. It might not have been the best night of Scarlett's life, but for some reason I felt happy and as if this night should be the best night of my life.

 

Author's Note
Hey guys! :] I have 5 subscribers! That may be very little to some of you guys but to me, its a lot! It took me sometime get this chapter started but here you have it! And! I even kept my promise and updated Tuesday! Enjoy!