Infinite

My Lucky Star

The sun was shining into my room waking me up from my deep sleep. My phone then rings making me fully awake this time. I don't even bother to look at the caller ID.
"Hello?"
"Your still asleep?! Wake up babo! We gotta go to orientation!" I sprang up my eyes fully open and this time serously fully awake.
"Damn it! Orienta-" The door burst open and Scarlett stood in my doorway.
"Yah! Put on a damn shirt!" She threw me a shirt.
"What? I always go to sleep shirless."
"I don't care. The drive is an hour away and it starts at 10 and its 8:30 right now. So get your movin!" I quickly get out of bed put my shirt on and go into the bathroom. I splash water onto my face then brush my teeth. I rush back into my room and change with Scarlett blushing and turning away.
"Okay! Let's go!" I grab my keys and we head downstairs. When we get downstairs my parents stop me.
"Yah! Nam Woohyun, you really aren't gonna listen to your mother and I?" I still haven't changed my mind about me going for a music major. Although I've been living under their roof, I haven't necessarily talked to them.
"Mom, dad I told you guys I'm not changing my mind about this. Just please let me be."
"Woohyun!" My mom stands up furous at me. "We're only trying to look after you."
"You guys say that all the time. I know you are, but if you guys really just want to look after me then let me do something I'm happy with."
"I'll go start the car." Scarlett says quietly takes my keys, bows to my parents and heads out the door.
"Is it because of Scarlett that your doing this? I knew it! She encouraged you to do this didn't she?" I couldn't believe they were blaming Scarlett.
"Are you guys going crazy? Yes maybe she did encourage me a little, but atleast she has the decency to let me do what makes me happy. This was my decision. This is my life. You guys only want me to become a doctor like hyung because you guys want to brag about both your sons. Why can't you guys be happy for me for doing what I love?!"
"You're never allowed to see Scarlett again. You admitted just now that she encouraged you, Woohyun! You don't have to do what she says!"
"Psh, dad. If you say I don't have to listen to what she says then that also means I don't have to listen to what you guys say. For the last time. I'm not changing my mind and I'm never gonna stop seeing Scarlett. So don't ever blame Scarlett again." I storm out of the house slamming the door on my way out. Furious at my parents for blaming Scarlett. I get into the car and slam the door.
"You okay?" She puts a hand on my arm calming me down.
"Scarlett, they're blaming you now. They think you brainwashed me to go againest them." She stays silent as I shift gears and drive off.
"That's okay. I can take the blame. I just don't like it that they won't let you do what you want." I reach for her hand and link our fingers together.
"No, you shouldn't take the blame. You didn't brain wash me. You just taught me how live." I look over at her and flash her a quick smile then focused back onto the road.

Today is Scarlett and my orientation day at our new school. Our group of friends are also going to the same school as the both of us. Well only Hoya, Myungsoo, Sunggyu and Kati were, Sungjong's a bit young. We said we would meet up with them there. My questions about college were all answered when my friends and I all decided we'd all go to the same college. Even Scarlett agreed. Scarlett was sitting beside me her fingers still interlocked with mine. I smile as I look at our hands and just wish we could stay like this forever. Stay beside each other for infinity.
"Woohyun."
"Hm?"
"Uh, never mind." She turns and looks out the window again. I press my lips together trying to think of what she would want to tell me.
"Is it about Sungyeol?" She turns to look at me.
"What? No! I haven't seen him since the night we went bowling."
"You haven't seen him but how do I know that you haven't called or texted him?" She looked at me quilt written all over her face.
"Okay so maybe we have been texting." I laugh.
"And why would you be so worried that I know? It's fine if you text him."
"I'm not worried that you know!" She was obvously lying. "I just didnt' want you getting jealous."
"Oh, I'm not. Who would be jelous?" I jokely said.
"Yah! You lying basterd! What happened to the words you told my parents?"
"Ohhhh. Did someone in here fall in love with Nam Woohyun?" I look over and tempted to pinch her cheeks. Taken aback with what I said she hesitates and blushes.
"Psh. Oppa is a pain in the today." She yanks her hand out of mine and crosses her arms. I laugh at her.
I start to sing along with the radio and she soon joins in as we have a karokee compitetion in my car.

An hour in the car passes by and I call Sunggyu and Myungsoo to see where they were to meet up with them. Sunggyu and Kati went together while Myungsoo and Hoya went together.
"Where are you guys?!" I yell into the phone.
"Uh..." I hear Myungsoo say, then soon here Hoya say "Dude! Where are you guys?!"
"Where are you?"
"Just look for someone very handsome." Hoya said obvously telling me to look for the famous handsome Myungsoo. It was true though Myungsoo was very handsome. We were at the front entrance of the school looking around all these unknown faces. Until I see a tall figure that looks very familiar. I then hear Scarlett say "Sungyeol?" He turns to look at us with a smile on his face and walks over.
"Scarlett! Hi!" He hugs Scarlett then turns to me and bows.
"Hello, Sungyeol." I say to him. "I didn't know you were coming to this school. I thought you were a junior in highschool?"
"Oh no. I just have an early birthday. I was born in 1992"
"Ohhh. That makes sence."
"Woohyun!" I hear Myungsoo and Hoya scream my name and I turn to see them flailing their arms in the air to get my attention.
"Where have you guys been?!" I yell at them.
"Sorry. We got distracted. There were really cute girls over there." Hoya said. Same old flirty Hoya. I laugh at my friend and shake my head.
"Oh hey Sungyeol." Hoya and Myungsoo greet him. Myungsoo, Hoya and Scarlett set off to find Sunggyu and Kati leaving me alone with Sungyeol.
"Is it alright if I call you hyung?" Sungyeol says surprising me.
"Yeah, of course! How do you know I'm older than you?"
"Scarlett." I nod. "I finally figured out what you meant."
"What do you mean?"
"You said you weren't gonna go easy on me. Hyung I really wanna be friends with you so please don't misunderstand. I really don't have any feelings for Scarlett."
"You don't?"
"No. She's just a really special noona to me. Like a big sister. Even though her parents were making her marry me, she should've been evil to me but she took care of really well. She's only like a real big sister." I look up at him.
"Your really tall." I piont out. "But I'm sorry for mistaking you." This guy might just be a really good guy after all. I stick out my hand. "Let's start over. Hi, I'm Woohyun and I'm your hyung so give me some respect!" He laughs and takes my hand.
"Hi, I'm Sungyeol. People call me Choding." He smiles widely. (Choding means Elementary School Kid. This is a nickname given to Sungyeol because of his childish personality)
"I can see why they gave you that nick name. I like Sungyeol better though." By now Hoya, Myungsoo and Scarlett came back with Sunggyu and Kati following behind.
"Where have you two been?!" I ask them furiously.
"Looking for all of you! Oh hey Sungyeol!" Sunggyu greets Sungyeol and we all head inside.

After taking a tour of the school they let us roam freely around the school and said we could leave whenever we wanted. So we decided to look around some more. I look for Scarlett and find her in the library. I sneak up behind her and whisper a quiet "boo."
She jumps a little and turns to see me. She glares at me and punches me in the shoulder. People heard and were looking at us. I bowed in apology and take Scarlett's hand leading her to a part of the library where we could talk in private. I push Scarlett against the shelves full of books and link our fingers together. She starts to blush as I lean towards her face. I stop when our lips are centimeters away. I smile and stand up straight.
"Yah! That's not funny."
"What's not funny? Me teasing you?" She just storms off as I laugh following her. We meet up with everyone else again this time with Sungyeol also. I had invited Sungyeol to join us.
"You guys wanna go have lunch before leaving for home?" Myungsoo suggested. We all agreed and set out to search for a place.

We were sitting together as a big group in a restaurant enjoying our food when I get up to go to the bathroom. As I head towards the bathroom someone stops me.
"Excuse me." I turn to see a guy in a suit. "I was just wondering are you interesting in auditioning for our company?" He hands me a card. Woolim Entertainment?
"What about it?"
"Well your a pretty handsome fellow and were scouting trainee's right now. You should give it some thought."
"What does Woolim Entertainment do?"
"Well right now Woolim Entertainment is looking for boys to form a boy band."
"Okay. Thanks, yeah I'll think about it." I leave him and head towards the bathroom.

"Hey guys. You guys wanna audition with me? This guy over there said they're looking for boys for a boy band." Hoya takes the card from my hands and looks at it. "Sunggyu I know how good of a singer you are and Hoya you and your dancing maybe we could give it a try?"
"Hmm. I don't know. What if it's a fake company?" Myungsoo says.
"Only one way to find out." Sungyeol says. "Hyung I'll do it with you."
"Okay I'm in." Hoya, Sunggyu and Myungsoo finally gave in.

It was the day of the audition and the seven of us set out. I invited Dongwoo and Sungjung to go with us.
"You nervous?" I ask the maknae.
"No. Seems like hyung's nervous though."
"Psh nope not at all. We got this." One by one we all went to audition. Sunggyu and I sang while Hoya, Myungsoo, Sungyeol and Sungjung danced and Dongwoo rapped. Soon after I saw the same guy that gave me the Woolim Entertainment card step out.
"Hello kids. I'm the ceo of Woollim Entertainment and I have chosen six names from today's audition." We all tense up. "When I call your name please come stand beside me. Firstly Nam Woohyun." My friends pat my back and congratulate me as I walk up to him. "Kim Myungsoo. Jang Dongwoo. Kim Sunggyu. Lee Hoya. Lee Sungjong. I thank all the participants but I could only choose six. Thank you." All the people who had come and wasn't chosen left making it very loud but dying down to quietness as they left. Sungyeol however stayed behind since he came with the six of us.
"Congratulations boys. Your debuting as a boy band."
"But why us? You saw us together in the restarount you know were all friends." I say.
"When I saw you guys, I could just feel that you all cared for one another very much and that's what I want. A group of boys that will look after one another."
"We do care for each other. That's why I'm asking you to take Sungyeol in also." I say pionting in Sungyeol's direction.
"I'm sorry. I've already made my decision."
"He was there at the restaurant with us. You said we cared for one another and thats why you chose us. So It's either he comes with us on the journey or none of us debuts under Woollim Entertainment." I say sternly.
"Woohyun. What are you doing?" Sunggyu whispers to me. The guy just laughs though.
"I should've known you guys wouldn't leave one behind. Fine. I'll take him in as well. You guys teach him well to make me regret not chosing him in the first place. In the mean time, your manager here will tell you guys what will be going on."
"Hi guys. From now on I'm your manager! So let's get to know each other. Firstly you guys would have to get here everyday at 4 for practice. Second and last you guys should start thinking of a name to call your group. I gotta hurry so I'll see you guys all here tomorrow at 4! Bye!" He runs out of the building leaving us all here dumbfounded.
"Uh. So that's it?" Sungjong asks.
"Let's call ourselves Infinite!"