Stealing My Lucky Star's Heart

My Lucky Star

I moved out of my parents house and rented an apartment near my college. They still blame Scarlett, I don't really talk to them anymore. I only talk to hyung whenever he visits sometimes. When I said I rented an apartment, I didn't mean for only me. After all seven of us become 'Infinite' we started to live with each other just to make it all easier. It's weird though how Scarlett's parents let Dongwoo become a rapper without hesitation. Seeing that they wouldn't let Scarlett become a singer, why would they let Dongwoo become a rapper? I really didn't know how to ask Dongwoo or Scarlett. Scarlett sometimes visited us, but not very often. Scarlett and Sungyeol has gotten very close lately which I don't know how to react to. I had already came up with a way to steal her heart and her parents approval but I started to hesitate because of the fact that Sungyeol and Scarlett had gotten closer. Even though Sungyeol told me he really didn't have any feelings for her, I still felt uneasy and jealous every time I saw them together. Since they were getting so close, and Scarlett always acted as if we never kissed I decided to put my plan into action.

Next week was our debut stage with 'Come Back Again' as our tittle song. Since I'm a nooby I had to go to new extremes to get my airing time for my solo. Woollim Entertainment didn't even know about this, so I hope I don't get in trouble. The only people who knew about it was everyone in Infinite except Sungyeol. It's not that I don't trust him, it's just he's been with Scarlett way too much  lately and he's very childish so it may just slip out of his mouth. So, yeah I guess you could say I don't trust him. Sunggyu has been helping me with my vocals while Myungsoo has been teaching me the notes on the guitar. Hoya and Sungjung has been giving me advice and just being there while Dongwoo has been providing me with all the secrets of Scarlett he knew.

The night before the the big day I snuck out of the house without the other boys knowing and left to see Scarlett. Well Dongwoo knew cause I told him and asked if I could barrow the spare key to Scarlett's apartment that she gave him. Scarlett lived alone in an apartment located a lot closer to school than our dorm. Dongwoo insisted she move in with Kati but Scarlett refused saying she could take care of herself. Once I got to her apartment, since it was pretty late, I quietly snuck inside. Knowing she was already in bed, I sneak inside her apartment without making a noise. I quietly close the door behind me, take off my shoes then head towards her bed. I accidently drop my keys on the floor making a big noise making Scarlett stir in bed. I quietly take off my jacket and tip toe towards Scarlett's bed. I get under the covers, instantly feeling Scarlett's body heat mix with mine. I put my arms around her waist and lay there for a bit. Scarlett stirs in her sleep then turns to face me still half asleep. She puts one of her legs on top of mine and she puts her arms around me hugging me tightly. I hold my breath from her squeezing me until her eyes flicker open. Panic runs across her eyes before kicking me off the bed. I fall off the bed bringing her blankets down with me. She kicks me and runs to turn on the light.
"Yah! Why would you kick your oppa?!" I yell at her. I got up before she could hurt me any further. She just stands there bewildered. She then stands there scratching her head. I'm sure she was asking herself if she was just dreaming or if this was reality. So I strive over to her and wrap the blankets around her and poke her cheek.
"Yah! Nam Woohyun!" She yelled at me but I put a hand around .
"Shh! Your neighbors will hear and wake up!"
"I thought someone was gonna me. So its a good thing that they hear and wake up and come rescue me!"
"Were you that scared?" I laughed at her and scratched the back of my head from guilt. She punches me lightly.
"YES! I was very scared! Gosh Woohyun. Why would you just crawl into bed with someone in the middle of the night? That's scary." She grudgingly walks to her bed and lays down from exhaustion.
"But I thought you were Super Woman? You don't need your neighbors hearing to be rescued." I reminded her.
"I'm not supposed to show my identity ther already knows who I am. I have to act like a useless girl." I go over and sit down next to her. "What do you want? Why this time of the night? I have work tomorrow."
"I'm sorry for bothering you. I just came to let you know I'm gonna keep my promise I told you and your parents." I hear light breathing coming from Scarlett and turn around to look at her. She was already asleep and probably didn't even hear me. I get up and go to her desk and I leave a message for her. I go back to Scarlett and put the blankets on her correctly before I gave her a soft kiss on the forehead. Before I turn to go turn off the lights, I hear her breath out and whisper my name.

Scarlett,
             Watch Music Bank tomorrow! :]

                            LOVE, Woohyun
(Message Woohyun left.)

It was finally the big night I had been planning for. I really hope today doesn't go wrong. I brought Myungsoo's guitar along with me and the manager thought I was crazy. All seven of us in a van was very space consuming already so with the guitar also it was very uncomfortable. We finally arrived at Music Bank and we all went to our dressing room. While everyone else was getting dressed I called the flower shop that I had ordered 11 roses with a message that said "110401 Music Bank 6:05 PM" to make sure they had delivered it. I also wanted Scarlett's parents to see this so I had asked Dongwoo to inform them of it, I really hope they watch! A group called Dalmatian was going on right now and the PD of Music bank yelled out "INFINITE! UP NEXT!" I was very nervous but all the members comforted me. I was very nervous to know Scarlett's parent's reactions, Scarlett's reaction and most nervous about going on stage as Infinite and doing what I've dreamed of ever since I was a kid. Today was that day that my dream was coming true.
"INFINITE! On deck! 30 more seconds!" We all gather holding hands and say hwaiting! together. "5! 4! 3! 2! 1! Infinite!" We all scram onto the stage to get into our positions and then our song starts. It felt so amazing to be up on stage and to have the fans chant along with us. My dream was present unlike my thought of having my dream a fantasy. It was happening right now. Right this second. My heart was beating fast.

Our song ended we all bowed and then left the stage. It felt like I was floating along with the clouds. I was so proud of the seven of us for working so hard on this song and this album. We were all hugging one another congratulating each other on our group's success when the PD rushed me into a dressing room to get me ready. I did some vocal warm ups while changing into different clothes. (http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/2553/namstar.jpg)

This time I was standing alone waiting to go back on stage alone. I rush back to Infinite's dressing room to grab the guitar and sprinted back to wait for my turn.
"Woohyun on deck! 30 seconds left!" I pull on my bow tie but my coordi noona slaps my hand away and fixes it. "5! 4! 3! 2! 1! Woohyun!" I go on stage and sit on the stool placed in the center of the stage for me as I begin my song.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Infinite's Waiting Room) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTIemrRQEuo)

"Yah! Where's Woohyun?!" Infinite's manager asks. He turns to Sungyeol but Sungyeol just shakes his head.
"Hyung! Come watch this!" Sunggyu calls for Infinite's manager. He walks over to all the boys that have their eyes on the TV screen intently. He looks up at the TV screen to find the boy he was looking for. They all watch as he sings.


A drop in the ocean, A change in the weather,
I was praying that you and me might end up together.
It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert,
But I'm holding you closer than most, 'Cause you are my heaven.

I don't wanna waste the weekend, If you don't love me, pretend
A few more hours, then it's time to go.
And as my train rolls down the East coast,
I wonder how you keep warm. It's too late to cry, too broken to move on.

Still I can't let you be,
Most nights I hardly sleep.
Don't take what you don't need, from me.

Just a drop in the ocean, A change in the weather,
I was praying that you and me might end up together.
It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert,
But I'm holding you closer than most,
'Cause you are my heaven.

Misplaced trust and old friends, Never counting the regrets,
By the grace of God, I do not rest at all.
and New England as the leaves change;
The last excuse that I'll claim,
I was a boy who loved a woman like a little girl.

Still I can't let you be, Most nights I hardly sleep,
Don't take what you don't need, from me.

A drop in the ocean, A change in the weather,
I was praying that you and me might end up together.
It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert,
But I'm holding you closer than most, 'Cause you are my

Heaven doesn't seem far away anymore no, no
Heaven doesn't seem far away.
Heaven doesn't seem far away anymore no, no
Heaven doesn't seem far away.

It's just a drop in the ocean, A change in the weather,
I was praying that you and me might end up together.
It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert,
But I'm holding you closer than most,
'Cause you are my heaven. You are my heaven

The song ends and the audiences are all teary eyed. Even the boys in the dressing room, Infinite had teary eyes. Dongwoo though had tears streaming down his face and he was very emotional. All the other boys and their manager turns to look at him when they hear him sob and say "That's my future brother in law! I'm so proud of him!" Dongwoo feels their eyes boring into him and turn to look at them.
"What? Never seen a man get emotional?"
"Shhh! He's saying something." Everyone in the room quiets each other and puts their attention back to the TV screen. They all saw Woohyun put the guitar on the chair grab the microphone and stand up.
"Hello everyone. I'm Nam Woohyun from Infinite. Today was our debut stage and I just wanted to thank someone with this song because they mean a lot to me. And yes I'm madly in love with this person. She's my heaven. She helped me overcome my fears and without her I wouldn't be standing on this stage. Without her I wouldn't have debuted today. She is the one who made my dreams come true. She can handle me at my worst, so I'm sure she deserves me at my best. She's a very stubborn girl but the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.  Jang Scarlett! Are you watching right now? Please remember I love you more than the stars love to shine!"
________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Please remember I love you more than the stars love to shine!" I really did mean it. Even if she's not watching, the world knows already that I'm madly in love with Scarlett.

I bow and pick up the chair and Myungsoo's guitar and head back stage. The PD pats my back and I bow to him. I see Infinite and my manager coming towards me. They all hug me excluding Dongwoo and my manager. I hug them all too but they release me and Dongwoo runs to me hugging me tight.
"I'm so glad to have you as a brother in law!" I laugh at him and just hug him back. I hear him sniffing back some tears then releases me. I walk up to my manager hesitantly. He looked kinda mad at me for not telling him I was doing this stage. "Hyung..." I take another step toward him. But I'm cut off by him hugging me tightly. Surprised by his abrupt actions I tense up. "Dongseang! I'm so proud of you! Even though CEO of Woollim Entertainment may be mad at you. I'm totally not! You were so awesome out there! The girl must be very lucky!" He pats my back while gushing to me about how proud he was. We all get shooed away by the Music Bank workers for taking up room so we all head back to the dressing room.

We all changed into normal clothes and then headed out to the car to go home. Once we got home everybody went to their normal hobbies at home. While I went into my room and just layed there. I was about to fall asleep when I hear a knock on my door.
"Come in!" I yell out too lazy to get up. I look up and see Sungyeol coming in in his cute childish pajamas.
"Hyung, how come you told everyone else about the special stage for Scarlett but not me?" Oh great, I knew he'd ask.
"Well, let's just say you're way too childish and your gonna forget that Woohyun hyung doesn't want you to tell Scarlett and its just gonna slip out of your mouth."
"Aww come on! I'm not that childish! I can be a man too!" He starts to rant but cuts off his sentence before continueing. "Wait. It's not that you don't trust me, its that your jealous cause Scarlett and I have been getting closer huh?!"  I groan in protest.
"I knew you'd think that. To be honest I do get jealous sometimes but that is not the reason why I didn't tell you about it." he just laughs at me.
"Okay, what ever hyung." He get's up and walks out of my room obviously not believing me. I turn towards the wall, ready to fall asleep again when this time Sungyeol doesn't knock and just barges in.
"Yah! Learn how to knock!" I throw a pillow at him with my eyes closed and my body still facing the wall.
"Oww! Yah! Oppa!" I turn to face the way too familiar voice and the pillow is thrown at me hitting my face.
"Ow." I said rubbing my face. We both stay silent for a while.
"My parents called me." I sat up and patted the spot next to me for her to sit. She comes a sits next to me and continues. "They called off the engagement of me and Sungyeol." I just sit there expecting Scarlett to go on but she doesn't. I finally lift up my head to look at her.  She leans in towards me and wraps her arms around my torso. She leans her head in the crook of my neck. "Thank you Woohyun," she says quietly.
"My heart was pounding like crazy when I was on stage performing for you." She puts a hand on top of my heart.
"It's like that right now too." She points out. I put my hand over hers and I link our fingers together.
"I wanted tonight to go very smoothly but it was beyond smooth. Tonight was perfect."
"Are you sure you love me more than the stars love to shine?" She asks me. I was about to answer her question but she cuts me off by putting her pointer finger to my lips. She shakes her head and this time she leans in for a kiss. It wasn't just a quick kiss like the first time, it was more passionate and had more meaning. We finally pull away, us both breathless and she looks at me.
"It's written in the stars."

 

 

Author's Note:
Hi guys! Omfg. Woohyun confessed on television. Isn't that sweet? Hope you guys liked this chapter and please anticipate more chapters coming :] Thank you!