Happily Ever After

My Lucky Star

(Please listen to this song! )

I've been racking my brain for days as to why Scarlett will not admit her love for me except the fact that she doesn't believe in love. Did she believe so, so strongly that it's brainwashed her to thinking this way? There was only one person I could ask to find the answers.

"Dongwoo hyung!"
"Yes, Nam-goon?" Dongwoo turns to look up at me from his laptop. Today was Dongwoo and my free day.
"Let's go do something, stop being a couch potato!" I pout down at my hyung. He laughs at me.
"No, do not even try to do aegyo. Fine, fine what ever you wanna do dongseng just no aegyo." I laugh with him and drag him out.
"Where are we going?" Dongwoo asks as I drive.
"Actually I don't know. I just wanted to get out of the dorm."
"Yah! You have your own home!" I smile sheepishly at him.
"Dongwoo-ah I wanted to ask you something."
"What is it? Just ask me."
"Wanna go to the fair over there?!" I asked excitedly. Dongwoo laughed at me and shook his head.
"You're such a kid, Woohyun." My questions were soon forgotten. When we got to the fair we played all sorts of games. Dongwoo is such a hypocrite saying that I was such a kid when once we got here he was more of a kid than I was.
"Hyung! You're such a cheater! You're not supposed to do that!"
"Sorry, Woohyun I accidently did it." I glared at him.

We had to go home sometime and by the time we both had to drag ourselves back home it was dark. I had totally forgotten about the questions I had until we got in the car and Dongwoo mentioned Scarlett.
"If only Scarlett had been with us today. She loves going to the fair with me." I smile at sound of her name.
"Hyung, so um I was wondering..."
"It's okay, you can ask me." He looks over at me with worry.
"I was wondering when did Scarlett start to become so negative and doubtful about love?"
"Ohhh, that's it? Well as your brother in law I'm sorry that I've never told you this but it all kind of started in middle school. She met new friends and she loved making new friends but those friends of hers kept ignoring her because she didn't have a boyfriend like they did. I remember her coming home and telling me that she never ever wanted a boyfriend because her friends were acting stupid. Also one time she came home so angry that she spilled it all to me and usually she didn't like telling me her friends problems. She told me that her friends told her to get lost because she didn't have a boyfriend but once their boyfriends broke up with them they came running back to Scarlett. Of course being the kind person that she is, she never once complained to her friends. She got in the habit of cursing love. Once she got to high school one of her friends got pregnant and moved away to live with that boy that got Scarlett's friend pregnant. Scarlett kept hearing stories of that friend. Stories that said that the boy who got Scarlett's friend pregnant was cheating on her and lots more horrible things. Since then she's just really never liked the idea of having a boyfriend." I nod taking in the unknown past of Scarlett. 
"Was Kati one of those friends?"
"No, Kati wasn't one of those friends with boyfriends. Kati and Scarlett were the only two out of their group of friends that didn't like dating. That's why Kati is the only friend that keeps in contact with Scarlett right now."
"I guess it all makes sense now. But how come I never heard of anything when I moved?"
"You were a junior when you moved to that high school right?" I nod and he continues. "I think by then Scarlett had found a new group of friends that she actually fit in well with." So she had left her group of friends for Sunggyu's group of friends. They do seem more comfortable to be with.
"Dongwoo, what if Scarlett never admits to herself that she loves me? What then?"
"I'm sure she will someday."
"Someday. What if I told you that I gave her an option? An option of giving her all or nothing at all."
"Woohyun, I really think that if one of you two were the one to brake ones heart. It would be Scarlett braking your heart. So all I can say is do what your heart thinks is right and all will be well." We had arrived to the dorm and we had gotten out of the car.
"Thanks hyung. I appreciate it." He pats my back and I smile at him.
"No problem, I'm always here if you need me." We head inside the dorm to find the rest of Infinite sprawled on the floor. Myungsoo comes up to us with anger.
"Where the hell were you guys? We were supposed to go to practice."
"We were told we had a free day so we went to the fair downtown." Myungsoo soon goes from angry to cute and pouting at his hyungs.
"And you guys didn't take me?!" Dongwoo and I laugh at him.

I was driving home but my mind kept wondering towards what Dongwoo had just told me. I had to see Scarlett.

"Woohyun? What are you doing here so late?" Scarlett was rubbing the sleep from her eyes. I had appeared on Scarlett's doorstep, well more like Kati's doorstep.
"Scarlett, I'm not like your friend's boyfriend. If we were to be in a relationship I'd treat you with respect because I love you."
"What are you talking about?"
"Okay, you may think I'm really weird right now."
"Yeah, a little bit." Scarlett looks at me worried.
"I've just... I can't go on living everyday of my life convincing myself that you'll come back anytime now, when you never will. Because you won't admit to yourself that you're in love with Nam Woohyun and even if you admit it to yourself you won't do anything about it and just ignore your heart. Scarlett, please I'm begging you. Give me an answer. I love you with all my heart, I have for three years now. Please just answer my question. Will you give me your all or nothing at all?" Never once did I take my eyes off Scarlett as I poured my heart out. She was now just looking at me leaning onto the door frame. She looked at me with sadness filled in her eyes.
"Woohyun-ah, I like you but..."
"You like me but you wished we were only oppa and dongseng, right?" I say quietly and she nods. I turn to leave but stop, "I'm sorry for wasting your time." With that I walk off. Of course, I should've seen this coming. I knew this was gonna happen the first time I admitted to myself that I like Scarlett. This was just great and I mean it. So now maybe I could focus on my career more, right? I kept walking farther and farther away from Scarlett but just before I was gonna turn the corner she calls out my name. I stop but I don't turn to look at her. I've had enough of this game where I'd go to her when she wanted me and leave when she didn't want me. I could feel her arms wrapping themselves around me. I scrunch up my eyes in agony. My heart, it hurt.
"Scarlett, let go."
"Woohyun, please listen to me."
"I can't come and go whenever you wa-" Scarlett had let go of me and stood infront of me and silenced me by planting her lips onto mine. She pulled away and looked at me with a smile on her face.
"Now there's a million reasons why you should leave, but if you could just find a reason to stay for just a second I'll do whatever it takes to make you to stay forever." I didn't know I should give in. My heart of course was beating so fast but I didn't know if she was just playing a trick on me. I just didn't know anymore.
"Woohyun, it takes three seconds to say I love you, three hours to explain it, and and life time to prove. And I just thought that maybe I'd give you the time of my life to prove it." I couldn't take it anymore I put my arms around Scarlett and pulled her into me. Squezzing her hard.
"Do not ever leave me agian." I whisper into her ear, I hear Scarlett gigle and then I could feel her nodding. I finally let go of her and stick out my pinky finger. "Pinky swear?"
"Pinky swear!" She smiles widely and links her pinky with mine. I laugh at her childish ways and hug her again glad to have Scarlett back. We soon hear Kati screaming from her apartment and dash inside quickly.
"Kati? What's wrong?" Kati turns to see us in the door way panicked.
"Oh my god, Scarlett! I thought you were kidnapped!" Kati runs over to Scarlett and hugs Scarlett tightly. I laugh at the two as Scarlett stuggles to get out of Kati's grip. "I woke up and the door was open and you weren't in your room. Oh god, it was horrible." She finally looks up and sees me. "Oh hey, Woohyun. So you're the kidnapper."
"Yes, I am! Sorry to have woken you up. I guess I'm not very good at kidnapping Scarlett." Scarlett laughs and starts to push me out the door.
"Okay, mister I think it's time you go home and get some rest. It's late." I pout at her.
"But I just got here." She shakes her head.
"Nuh uh, no buts!" I laugh and pull her in. We were outside of the apartment again. I hug her tightly.
"Forgot to ask," I say acting as if my thinking bulb went on. "Scarlett? Will you be my girlfriend?"
"Yes, Woohyun. I will be your girlfriend." She giggles and goes on her tip toes and this time were not interrupted and her lips finally meet mine. This kiss wasn't like any of the other kisses we've shared, because this kiss was our first kiss as boyfriend and girlfriend. I slip my tongue into as my hands find their way around her waist. She brakes away to take a breath and I continue to kiss her down to her neck.
"Don't you have a schedule tomorrow?" I look up at her pouting.
"Trying to get rid of your boyfriend already?" She laughs at me, kissing me one last time before leaving my embrace. I catch her hand before she could distance herself too far from me.
"Good night, Woohyun." I squeeze her hand and say good night back. I watch as she walks back into the apartment and closes the door. I walk off feeling like the King of the world.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

*Present time*

"And then mommy and daddy lived happily ever after!"
"But mommy and daddy didn't even get married yet and your ending the story already?" My daughter pouts up at me and I can't help but laugh at her especially since she had just lost her first tooth.
"Alright you two, bed times story's over. Now Sopia has to get some sleep. Alright?" Scarlett walks in and kisses Sophia's forehead before looking up and smiling at me. I reach for Scarlett's hand and she squeezes my hand.
"Okay, good night!"
"Good night, sweatheart." I put the blankets over Sophia as Scarlett turns off the lamp. We then leave the room to let the child sleep.

"When did you get home?" I hug Scarlett from the back as we walk to our bedroom.
"When you were telling Sophia about the part where You and Dongwoo went to the fair." I smile at the memory and then I lean down to kiss my wife's neck.
"We should go visit them sometime." Scarlett nods. "By the way, what made you run after me? After telling me that you wished we were only oppa and dongseng?"
"I was thinking back to all the times we had together and how miserable I was without you." She smiles up at me.

"I love you." Scarlett says before going to sleep.
"I love you too."

 

 

Author's Note:

OH MY GOD! It's done. I'm so sad =[ My first ever fanfic is done. I hope you guys enjoyed it :] In the mean time check out my second story! Allured ! :]