Love

My Lucky Star

I was that guy that she loved...

"Oh my god, Scarlett! I leave you for a second and your a mess!" I look and see Kati standing there infront of us. Kati ignores me and takes Scarlett out of my arms. "Come on, let's get you home. You must be so tired." Scarlett having the alcohol take over her now pushes her best friend away.
"I'm not tired. I don't want to go home. I wanna look for Woohyun oppa," she said slurring her words with her steps off balance.
"Kati, It's okay. I can take her home."
Kati for the first time acknowledges my presence and looks at me in the eyes with anger.
"No, you are not taking her home. What if one of your precious girlfriends sees you two? Of course they're going to confront Scarlett in this state. I am not letting Scarlett go home with a bastard like you." I was surprised by the tone of her voice. This was the girl my best friend was in love with and I've only seen her as a sweet girl but tonight she was different.
"Kati, what are you talking about?" She looks at me as if I've lost my mind. I know now that Kati's an anti-fan of Woohyun right now.
"Scarlett's told me about how you're not man enough to even ask her to be your girlfriend. She's told me about your parents disapproving of her. She's told me about you calling your fans your "girlfriends" are you stupid?" She flailed her arms in the air with anger until she notices Scarlett drape herself on Kati. "If you truly loved Scarlett you wouldn't have said that to your fans to make your fans love you even more and make them hate Scarlett! I know what you've put her through. I'm also never letting Scarlett go home with you so your parents could torture her." I look down to the ground knowing full well that I was at fault.
"I'm sorry, I know I'm at fault. I know I'm the only reason why she would ever be hurt. But I love her too much to not be able to see her. These past two years have been hell with out her. Please just let us have this night for the last time and I promise you I'll stop hurting her." Kati's face softens as Scarlett drapes herself on Kati and begins to cry on Kati. I could hear her sobs and it hurt to see her so broken. Kati hugs Scarlett to make sure she wouldn't fall and rubs her forehead in frustration.
"No," she takes a deep sigh before continueing. "I'm sorry about my outburst. I don't like it that you're with her because, it's not you thats hurting her. It's the people around you. She loves you too much too. It's been hell for her as well for these past two years." I look up surprised. I had expected Scarlett to not even think of me at all. All kinds of thoughts were going through my head when Sunggyu walked up to us.
"Kati! What are you doing here?"
"Sunggyu please just stay out of this. It's just gonna get more frustrating." Sunggyu takes a step closer to Kati.
"Why haven't you been contacting me?"
"Yah! Didn't I ask you to stay out of this? I'm not in the right situation to be discussing this with you right now." Kati angrily says through clenched teeth. I then realized how hard it must have been for Kati to be the best friend to a broken hearted girl. To be the one to comort that broken hearted girl.
"Kati, please for tonight and then we'll discuss it later." Scarlett stopped crying and now was just standing there still draped on Kati mumbling to herself.
"I don't know what to do. I really have a bad feeling that if she goes with you and your girlfriends see they're gonna get upset and..." She emphasized the word "girlfrends" with anger and once again a wave of guilt ran through me.
"But it's night time. Or would you rather have me come visit her during the day?"
"Fine fine. What ever just don't do anything to her. Especially no ! I know about your hormones." My face starts to heat up at the word "" and how she said it so casually.
"Of course not." I take Scarlett from Kati and Sunggyu rushes Kati off. As I went to look for a booth I attempted to take out my phone but did not succeed. I found a booth and sat Scarlett down as I sat on the edge. I took out my phone and texted the rest of Infinite to let them know I was heading home without them.

I am now walking to my car form the club with Scarlett on my back. I could now hear her mumbling giberish into my ear. I enjoyed this night walk with Scarlett even thought she's drunk and probably has no idea that I'm here. The fact that I have Scarlett with me makes my heart at ease. I feel Scarlett tighten her grip around my neck and I smile to myself enjoying this moment a little bit too much. Because of the excitement I began to sing the song that I was obsessed with for two years because of this girls absence.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqbOtK91lpI
The stars lean down to kiss you
And I lie awake and miss you
Pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere

'Cause I'll doze off safe and soundly
But I'll miss your arms around me
I'd send a postcard to you, dear
'Cause I wish you were here

I'll watch the night turn light-blue
But it's not the same without you
Because it takes two to whisper quietly

The silence isn't so bad
'Til I look at my hands and feel sad
'Cause the spaces between my fingers
Are right where yours fit perfectly

I'll find repose in new ways
Though I haven't slept in two days
'Cause cold nostalgia
Chills me to the bone

But drenched in vanilla twilight
I'll sit on the front porch all night
Waist-deep in thought because
When I think of you I don't feel so alone

I don't feel so alone, I don't feel so alone

As many times as I blink
I'll think of you tonight
I'll think of you tonight

When violet eyes get brighter
And heavy wings grow lighter
I'll taste the sky and feel alive again

And I'll forget the world that I knew
But I swear I won't forget you
Oh, if my voice could reach
Back through the past
I'd whisper in your ear
Oh darling, I wish you were here

By the time I got done singing I could hear Scarlett breathing lighty and not talking to herself indicating that she had fallen asleep.

I was carrying Scarlett into our home that missed her dearly and on the way in I accidently let Scarlett hurt herself by bumbing into the edge of the door. I cursed at myself and continued into the house. I closed the door and gently and proceeded to carry Scarlett to our room. I gently set her down and take off her shoes for her. Her clothes smelt of alcohol though and I couldn't stand the smell of it so I carefully changed her into the clothes that she left here. After changing her out of her clothes I tucked her into bed and then went to clean myself up.

Looking into the mirror at myself I couldn't help but ask myself if I was the boy that was fated to be with Scarlett? Was I not? Is that why there are so many things keeping us from each other? Are we really star crossed as Scarlett had said? I don't know what was going to happen in the future but all I know now is that I'm in love with Scarlett. I'm head over heels for her and I just found out that my gut feeling was right. Scarlett did love me too. The thing I was disapointed in myself was never being a man enough to ask her to be my girlfriend so that there would've been some commitment in our relationship. But never once did we talk about our feelings for each other. I know Scarlett has always been that kind of girl that never believed in love but yet here I was being a wuss. I've always believed in love but yet it took this long to muster up the courage and make Scarlett believe in love.

My thoughts were soon interupted by several pounds on the bathroom door. I rushed over to the door and open it to find Scarlett standing there with both hands over . She rushes over to the toilet and soon was vomitting. I rush over and hold her hair back. She seems to be done vomitting and wipes with the back of her hand before falling down onto the bathroom floor unconsious. I look at her in awe. This was the first time I've seen Scarlett drunk and this was amusing watching her. I pick her up from the floor and bring her back into bed. I gently set her down and tucked her in for the second time tonight. I crawl into bed next to her and take a little time to brush the hair out of her face. She looked so peaceful despite knowing the fact that tomorrow she was going to feel horrible. I yawned finally realizing my exhaustion and so I pull Scarlett into my embrace. Tonight I would finally be singing a different song, I would finally be able to sing a soothing lullaby.

 

Author's Note:
You guys should check out my new story: Allured ! :] Shanks guys! I love you all!