Chapter 5: Blind date #2

Different Galaxies

Gracie's POV

"Grace, someone's here to see you!" I heard my mother yell from upstairs, I was in the middle of getting ready to go on another blind date with one of my supposedly potential fiancee's.

I slowly walked downstairs, not wanting to go on the date whatsoever. 

"Wow, you look beautiful" the guy sitting in my living room commented. I assumed he was my date. I was wearing a navy blue blazer and a white shirt that was tucked into a pair of high-waisted brown shorts.

He didn't look so bad himself, he was African American like me and he had on dark green button up with a black bow tie and a pair of regular black jeans, it led me to think we might go do something that will actually be fun.

"My name is Lawrence Thompson Jones, but everyone calls me L.T" he shook my hand. While he was shaking my hand he flashed me this award-winning smile, and my mother had on a disapproving smile.

"Nice to meet you L.T"

"Pleasure to meet you as well" he replied, 

"Lawrence, why don't you go greet Mr. Barron as I talk to Grace for a minute, he's in the kitchen" my mother told him and he was off to the kitchen.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked her after I realized she wasn't wearing her usual lady-like smile.

"Why did he show up in jeans? I know he must have better pants than that"

"You don't like him because he's wearing jeans...?" that was not a good reason to dislike him.

"I feel like he didn't take time trying to look nice. You should want a man to try his best to look nice for you, otherwise why are you trying your best to look nice" she explains to me.

"Mother I could care less what he's wearing and I didn't try to look nice, I'm trying to look casual"

"I see that. You should have put on one of those extravagant dresses I got you for your birthday"

"Yeah, I rather not"

A few seconds later, L.T walks in laughing with my father, at least he liked him.

"You two have fun" my father told us as he walked us out of the door.

"We will" he answered over his shoulder. 

On our way out the door I see his ride is a limo, he speeds up to open my door, once I get in he joins me shortly after, then we're off.

"So where are we going?" I ask him as I help myself to a water from the mini fridge.

"My condo" he answers as he scoots closer and puts his hand on my chin and pulls our faces close together. 

"What for?" 

"I think you know" he whispers in my ear then bites it.

"ert!" I push him off me and scoot to the other side of the seats.

"Don't act like you don't want to" he says as if he was just so irresistible.

"Trust me, I'm not acting" I say as we pull up to a stop light and I quickly get out. It was until I was outside and walking down the sidewalk that I noticed it was sprinkling. 

I check my phone and on my screen there's a reminder that today is the first day of Autumn. Where I live it's not a surprise it rains on the first day of Autumn, it's just too bad I'm not wearing warmer clothing. 

I was about to dial Olivia to come pick me up when I see L.T's limo coming back for me, thinking he was going to try to convince me to get back in the car, instead he drives by really fast and splashes me with dirty street water. I glare at him as he laughs out the window.

"Immature bastard!" I yell after the car. 

I take a moist towelette out of my purse and wipe my face and hands and legs. I find a dry place and put my hair up and get my phone out to call Olivia.

"No, no, no, no" I say as I see my phone's wet and not turning on. That also messed up my phone. Now how was I going to get home. I take off my blazer and use it as an umbrella. 

I have no idea where I was and people looked kind of scary. I kept my purse close. When my arms grew tired, I put my blazer back on and just kept walking to what I was hoping was the way home. 

I start sniffling, walking in the rain was taking it's tole on me. I feel like my hands, legs, and feet are ice. 

Right as I thought it couldn't get any worse, I was right, it started getting better. The rain suddenly stopped hitting me and I turn to see Himchan holding an umbrella over us.

"Let me guess, another blind date turned bad?" he asks and I just nod my head. 

"I don't even know where I'm going, I'm just walking" I tell him.

"We're not that far from my house, I mean if you want to go" he says while looking at the ground. 

"Let's go" I agree and he smiles at me.

When we get to his house I see it's in a bad neighborhood. There was a group of guys outside screaming at each other, they looked like they were about to fight.

"You might want to hurry" Himchan says as he grabs my hand and we walk faster towards his door.

When we get inside, the house is cozy and nice. Way better than it is outside. 

"JooRi" he calls out and this girl comes out and I obviously can tell she was his younger sister. She sees me and she freezes. 

"This is Gracie, Gracie, this is my little sister JooRi" he says and I go to shake her hand. She takes my hand and smiles.

"Himchan talks about you all the time. Ever since-" he covers after that and he blushes.

"Kids and their big mouths" he jokes and I laugh a little. 

"Wow, you're even prettier in real life" she says as she sits next to me on their couch.

"How old are you?" I ask her.

"15, how old are you?"

"21"

"You look really young for a 21 year old"

"Thanks" 

"The only dry clothes I have are my mom's" he hands me some clothes. I thank him and he leads me to the bathroom.

Himchan's POV

"Way to make me look weird JooRi!" I tell her as I throw a pillow at her and it hits her in the head.

"I was just trying to help!" she throws it back at me but I dodge it.

"Where's Mom?"

"She left a few hours ago, she looked sad, as usual"

"A few hours ago?"

"Mhm, she just told me she'll be back late" 

"What do I do with my wet clothes?" Gracie asks me as she's walking out of the bathroom. She looks so adorable in my mom's purple sweater light purple and pajama bottoms with Eeyore on them.

"I'll go put them in the washer" I tell her and she joins JooRi back on the couch.

Gracie's POV

"Do you have a boyfriend Gracie?" JooRi asks me.

"No I don't"

"Good, because my brother-"

"Stop talking JooRi" Himchan says as he comes and sits next to us, "do you need to call someone?"

"Yeah, I need to call Olivia so she can come get me"

"Here's the phone"

After I dial Olivia and explain to her everything that's happened and where to come get me, she tells me she's on her way to come get me.

"Blind dates? What are those?" JooRi questions.

"It's when you go on dates with complete strangers" I give her my definition of the dreadful dates.

"Why are you going on dates with strangers?"

"Because my father want's me to get engaged even though I'm completely against it"

"That's not fair. You should marry someone you love"

"That's what I'm saying"

Soon I hear Olivia honking outside. 

"That's my ride" I announce and they both walk me to the door.

"It was nice meeting you JooRi"  I tell her.

"It was nice meeting you too Gracie"

"Thanks for saving me back there, I was lost" I say to Himchan and smile at him.

"You're welcome" 

I'm about to walk out the door when I turn around, kiss Himchan on the cheek, then walk out as I yell "Bye guys"

Himchan's POV

"Ohhh! She kissed you! She kissed you!" JooRi says, being obvious.

"I know JooRi" 

"Don't try to act all cool, you're probably bouncing around inside"

"Unlike you I'm mature and can handle it"

"Whatever" 

When she goes in her room, a huge smile comes to my face and I celebrate a little. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

I finally updated! I didn't want to completely abandon my story. 

I hoped you guys liked it \(^_____^)/

-JuJuBeezz