Chapter 16: Split Personalities!

Different Galaxies

Himchan's POV

I wake up with Gracie next to me and she looks so cute, she took her hair out of the ponytail and it was all over her face and the pillow. I push the hairs out of her face and stare at her. My heart starts beating wild the more I gaze at her. I was falling hard for her, and I knew since I never fell so hard for anyone else, it was different with her. 

She shifts in her sleep and pulls the covers up over her shoulders. I slowly get out of my bed and go take a shower. As I lift myself up, I feel the stinging from my arm, once I get in the shower I let the water run over it, the warm water eases the pain. I get out and dry off and I come out to see Gracie still sleeping. I check the time and it's almost noon. I leave her be, and go out into the living room, where I see Yongguk watching TV, it looked like a Korean drama, but when he seen me coming closer he quickly changes the channel.

"What were you watching?" I raise an eyebrow

"Nothing" he wipes his face with his hand and clears his throat. 

I laugh and he punches me in the arm, luckily not the wounded one. 

"What happened to your face?" 

"I got into a fight"

"With who?"

"Some bastard that had a bad attitude" I lie, we end the conversation there and go back to watching TV.

Gracie's POV

I wake up and I feel like I had the best sleep ever, I rarely slept in. I looked over at the clock and it was almost three in the afternoon. I slept really late. I checked my phone and I had fifty missed calls from my parents, Olivia, and Niko combined. I figured I better get home before they send a search party for me. I go into the living room to see Himchan and Yongguk playing video games. When Himchan sees me he automatically puts the controller down and comes to me. 

"Did you sleep good?" he asks as he pushes hair behind my ears. 

"Yes, it was a wonderful sleep. But I have to get going. My parents are blowing up my phone" I tell him. 

"You have to go right now?" 

I nod. 

"I'll walk you home" 

"No it's fine. You need to recover" I say in a low tone and rub his injured arm. 

"Okay. At least let me walk you out to the entrance" 

"Sounds good"

He walks me out and we make plans to go out on the weekend since he has to work and I agree. He kisses me on the forehead and sends me off. 

When I get home, I didn't even have a chance to take two steps before my parents jumped all over me, asking me where I was and why was I gone so long, and if anything bad happened.

"I was at Olivia's"

At first they looked like they didn't believe me, but then their faces changed and I knew they didn't have proof to deny it. 

"We should have figured, but next time could you tell us that you're leaving and that you won't be back?" my father asks.

"I will. I'm sorry for making you worry"

They gave me a puzzled look.

"What?" I question.

"Well usually you get all angry and start yelling at me, are you feeling alright?" he feels my forehead.

"I'm fine" I declare and start going to my room. I turn around and call my father and he turns around to look at me.

"Thanks for being in my life. I know some people aren't that fortunate" I announce and casually go up to my room. 

"What's going on with her?" I hear my mother say. 

Before I go in my room I check to see if Niko's in there, I peek inside and the coast looked clear. I look behind the door, in the closet, behind my bed, anywhere I thought he could be hiding and every place was empty. 

~A Few Weeks Later~

Gracie's POV

Lately Himchan has been really busy, he had to work every day because he promised his mother he would replace her coffee table. We talked ever day but I haven't see him in a while.

I also noticed I haven't talked to or seen Niko in a while either, I guess he was giving me space.

At times I felt like I missed him, but then I would feel guilty. But why would I feel guilty if we we're just friends? I was very confused about our relationship but I knew if we lost contact all together my parents would start back up on the blind dates. 

I decided to go visit Niko, maybe he forgot all about the asking me to be his girlfriend thing. I drove to his house and sat outside for a minute. I let out a big breath and got out. I had no idea why I was so nervous. 

I ring the doorbell and seconds later Niko's father answers.

"Hello Gracie! I haven't seen you in a while! How have you been?" he asks as he lets me in and we sit on the couch.

"I've been good and you?"

"Fantastic" he answers. 

"Um, where is Niko?" 

"He went out, I think he went to go catch a movie with a friend" 

"Oh I see. Well I guess I'll just come back another time"

"Nonsense, me and my wife would be delighted if you stay here with us" she comes out and sits on the other side of me, with a big smile on her face. 

"I guess, that's cool too" I give a small smile.

They used the time to ask me questions, I felt as if I was getting interviewed. I guess they wanted to see if I was capable enough to be their step daughter.

After I felt like a millennium passed, Niko walks in. We all look up to see him and the same girl that asked him to dance at the party, they're holding hands and laughing, what the hell was so funny? 

When he sees me he stops laughing. 

"Hey Gracie" he says 

"Hey Niko" 

We both just awkwardly look at each other.

"I think I should go. I'll come another time" I quickly say and get up and go past them. 

"Why am I frustrated? It's not like I like him?! I don't because I have Himchan, and Himchan is my boyfriend and Niko isn't and I have absolutely no feelings for him! Right? Right?!" I'm talking to myself in my car. 

After I come back to sanity and end the convo with myself I feel my door open and Niko pulls me out. 

"What the hell is your problem Gracie?" he says. 

"Excuse me?"

"First I ask you to be my girlfriend, then you just stay quiet! I finally figure you're never going to like me that way so I try to move on and get all the feelings out! Now you show up after I go on a date and run out! Do you like me or not?! Do you want to be my girlfriend or not?!" he says in this husky tone. 

I stay quiet, I was in a bind. I could admit to myself that I liked both Himchan and Niko, and I knew I would eventually end up having to choose one. They both we're perfect for my split personalities. The upper class Gracie, and the wannabe middle/lower class Gracie. I was confused and I felt like I was going crazy! 

"I really don't know what to say at this point so I guess I'll just say sorry" he interrupts my thoughts.

"For what?" I finally speak.

"I don't know, for liking you and asking you to be my girlfriend. I basically ruined a perfect fine friendship, and now we'll be awkward when we're near each other" 

"Don't be sorry, because..."

He looks at me. 

"Because I'll be your girlfriend"