Chapter 3: Confusion

Different Galaxies

Gracie's POV

"When's the next date?" Olivia asked me while we were walking to her house from the mall. To make up showing up late to her party and acting like a party pooper I took her on a shopping spree. I would have driven home but my parents took it from me since I smashed my first date's face in his food.

"In another week, the guy has to get back from some trip out of town"

"Well hopefully he's nicer than the other one"

"I highly doubt it, they're probably all the same"

"You can't stereotype them all like that. If I would stereotype and say "all rich people are snobby" we would never have been best friends"

"I guess you're right"

"Of course I'm right"

When we got to her house we tried on all the clothes again and pretended we were super models, we were grown adults but at times we still acted like kids. 

After we stopped our imagining our runway I seen the sun had already set and it was dark outside. 

"I guess I'm spending the night" what did I look like walking home at night.

"Slumber party" Olivia shrieked in a overexaggerated way.

We got in our sweats and tank tops and began micro waving popcorn while we decided which movie to watch that night.

"Let's watch a scary movie" she suggested as she held up "Insidious"

"Uh no, let's watch a comedy" I suggested as I held up "Think Like A Man"

"I already seen that a million times, let's watch a tragic love story" she was holding up "The Vow"

"I don't like the ending"

Before I could suggest another genre the doorbell rang. We both went downstairs to answer it.

We opened the door to see our regular group of friends inviting us to the park for a bonfire. Since we didn't have anything better to do Olivia and I put on our boots and crew necks and went with them. 

"If my parents found out I was here they would kick my " I told Olivia while we were roasting marshmellows someone had brought. 

"It would be unladylike" she mimicked my mothers tone which made us both laugh.

While I was cooling off my marshmallow I seen a familiar face across the flames. I pulled Olivia's arm and pointed to Himchan.

"That's the guy I was telling you about at the mall, the one that I met at your party"

"He's cute. Go over there!" she started shoving me.

"Do I look fine?" I asked her while I was fixing my hair.

"You look great, just go over there before someone takes the seat next to him" she demanded. 

I got up and fixed my crew neck as I made my way towards Himchan.

"Hey" I simply said as I sat down next to him.

"Hey" he responded back.

"I didn't know you would be here" otherwise I would have put on actual clothes.

"Yeah, my friends told me about it"

"So did mine"

After that an awkward silence fell upon us.

"Can you two go get some more wood? The fire is going out" one of the guys told us.

"Sure" Himchan answered and he helped me up and we went to go get wood.

"Oh yeah, what does your tattoo mean?" he randomly asked.

"My tattoo..well I've had a life that doesn't really suit me, and I don't really feel happy with all the obligations it throws on me so I feel like I've never really felt happiness"

"Never?'

"Well at times yeah, but it always falls right back to sadness in a matter of minutes"

"You must have it hard then?"

"I guess you could say that"

Himchan's POV

Wow I thought I had it hard but clearly Gracie has it way worse than me. I appreciate my small house, who knows what she has. I bet that dress and shoes were the only nice things she owned. 

While she was telling me she never felt true happiness I just wanted to hug her, so I did. We hugged for a good minute until I finally let her go.

"What was that for?"

"I know how it feels to go through struggles, at at times all I want is a hug"

"Thanks, that hug made me feel better"

"You're welcome"

After we found wood we headed back to the group and talked more. I found out her favorite color and food and other things in that nature. She seemed pretty cool considering her life was so terrible.