Chapter 18: The Truth has been revealed.

Different Galaxies

Gracie's POV

"Yes that's perfect!" the photographer said as he was taking a picture of Niko and I to go in our wedding scrapbook Mrs. Kahale was putting together, these were going to be the before the wedding photos. 

He must have taken a billion pictures of us doing the simplest things like holding hands, gazing into each other's eyes, laughing together, kissing each other on the cheek.

"These are amazing!" my mother says with too much enthusiasm. Everyone was admiring the photos, I had to admit some of them were cute. 

Afterwards we all go back to Nicole's office and she asks if she can interview Niko and I. 

"Why do you want interview us? I ask.

"To go into the scrapbook" she assures me, everyone was really going above and beyond for this wedding. 

Once we were done answering all her questions, she hands us a pen, some paper, and an envelope.

"Now I want you two to write a letter to your future selves, write about how you think you'll marriage will be, what you hope to achieve in the future, and your doubts. 

I think long about what I write in my letter, and as I'm thinking I see Niko just writing away, what could he possible be writing about? I look over but Nicole screams that we can't see what the other person wrote. I got back to my own paper and start writing, once I actually write something I decided what exactly I want to write, then I seal it up in the envelope and place it in this special section of the scrapbook. 

Finally we were done with all the wedding to-do's for today and we could all go home.

Himchan's POV

"I'm leaving to work" I yell at Yongguk and YoungJae while they're watching TV, but they ignore me, they were too into the drama they were watching. 

On my way to work I get a text message, it's from Gracie. She says she bought me a gift. 

"What is it?" I ask her and she tells me it's a surprise and that I'll have to come to her house after work to get it. 

"I'll be there" I reply and she sends back a "See you then :*"

I smile at her message and continue walking. 

I arrive at work to see a bunch of boxes stacked in the back office. 

"I left them for you to unload" the store manager tells me as he takes the cash register.  

I give him a dirty look when he's not looking and start unpacking all the boxes. 

It basically takes me all day to stock all the items in the box. It was almost closing time and I had one more box to go. I open it to see it was full of magazines, luckily those are the easiest to stock.

I'm taking them out of the plastic wraps they come in when one falls from my hands. I pick it up and close it, but something catches my eye and I flip back through it. 

I stop at this page, and I see Gracie and this other guy. I read the title and it says "To Be Wed", it goes on to tell the readers when they're getting married, how long they've been together, and some questions they answered. 

I feel myself begin to fill with rage, my body begins to shake. I rip the page out and throw down the magazine, then I knock over all the other one's on the rack.

"Himchan what's wrong?" the manager asks me, but I just storm out. I shove through people as I head back to Yongguk's apartment. I walk in and slam the door, and items on the shelves near the door fall. 

"What's wrong Himchan?" Yongguk looks over at me. 

I hand him the ripped magazine article that I clutched so hard in my hand it had wrinkled. 

"She's cheating on me Yongguk! She's ing cheating on me!" I yell as I pace back and forth, too angry to sit still. 

"Calm down Himchan, don't just jump to conclusions" he tells me. 

"How the hell can I calm down! And I'm not jumping to conclusions, there's the damn proof right there!" I hit the paper out of his hand. 

"Let's go over there and get her side of the story" he advises and he grabs his keys. 

"Yes let's so she can tell me she's cheating on me in my face!" I say as I pick up the magazine article and head out the door with Yongguk. 

When we get to her house, I get out the car and slam the door back. I'm about to ring the doorbell when Yongguk grabs my hand. 

"Look you got to calm down first. I'm not going to let you ring her doorbell looking all deranged"

I take a few breaths and I finally calm down a little. 

"Okay, now I'll be in the car when you're ready to leave" he turns back towards the car as I go up to ring the doorbell. 

When Gracie answers she smiles at me but I don't smile back.

"Come in, my parents aren't going to be home for few hours" she informs me and I walk in.  

"Your gift is upstairs" she tells me as she starts going up the stairs, "C'mon" 

We go in her room and she hands me this box, it was wrapped nice and had a big bow on it. 

"Gracie, before I open this I need to ask you something" I say in this stern tone.

"What is it?" she bats her eyelashes at me.

Man, she was just so beautiful. 

"Explain this" I hand her the magazine page. She looks at it and her face drops, then she looks back up at me.

"Are you cheating on me Gracie?" I can barely get the words out, I felt like I was going to cry. 

She just stares at me.

"Answer me!" I scream at her. 

"I'm sorry Himchan" tears start streaming down her cheeks, "I didn't mean to, it's just that-"

"Don't even give me any ty excuses! I'm out of here" I leave out her door and head back downstairs. 

"Wait Himchan!" I hear her call after me but I keep going. She grabs my arm right before I get to the front door. 

"How can you cheat on me Gracie?!"

"Himchan I really didn't mean to! I was selfish and heartless and I never should have cheated on you. I'm sorry, please forgive me, please don't leave me" 

"After I poured my heart out to you and told you stuff I've never told anybody else, you break my trust just that quick!" 

Suddenly the door opens and her parents walk in. 

"Gracie, who is this?" her father asks . 

"Nobody" I answer and make my way past them.

"Himchan! Don't leave!" I hear her and she stops me again before I can get to the car.

"Himchan, when you first met me you already knew my father was forcing me to marry someone!"

"By the way you complained about every date I thought you would never end up getting engaged to any of them!" 

"I didn't plan on it either, but it just happened!"

"Well our relationship must not have been that important for you to find one that you were willing to get married to"

"Our relationship is important Himchan! I love you!" 

I just look at her. 

"No you don't! If you did, you would have never cheated on me" 

I push her arm off, more tears flow out of her eyes. 

"I don't know why you're crying, it was my first love that was destroyed" was the last thing I told her before I got in the car and we drove off. 

We get back to Yongguk's and the entire ride was silent. 

"You okay?" Yongguk asks me once we get back in his apartment. 

"How can I be so stupid? I knew our relationship wasn't going to work out yet I went for it anyway. I knew she was just like the other rich, snobby people who treat people however they want because they have money! I hope she has a wonderful life with her rich, snobby fiance, and they have rich, snobby little brats! I rant, "That whole relationship was a waste of time! I can't believe I fell for her so hard, like an idiot. It just blew up in my face! I mean I loved her with all that I had and it wasn't enough for her, but I bet it would be different if I had money! I trusted her man! I never kept anything from her, so why, why would she keep stuff from me?!"

I had more to say but the knot in my throat from trying to keep from crying in front of Yongguk prevented me from saying more.