Chapter 21

Different Galaxies

Gracie's POV

I've been flustered ever since I seen Himchan at my store, I couldn't think straight. I questioned whether I should continue with my store, I only started it for him, but then I realized that I worked too hard to just end it. 

Niko noticed something was bothering me and when he would ask me what was bothering, if I didn't answer he wouldn't force me to. I eventually made up a reason and tried to act like nothing was bothering me anymore. 

 I was folding the clothes on the display shelf when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see Himchan standing in front of me and my heart starts pounding. 

"Uh hi Gracie, I wanted to ask you a question" he cleared his throat.

"Okay" I acted calm as if my heart wasn't on full speed. 

"Is there a chance that I could get a meeting with the owner of this store?"

"It depends, what would the meeting be about?"

"I wanted to ask he or she if they would be interested in making clothes for my company"

"Your company?"

"Yeah, I work for this clothing brand company and we're always looking for people to create more clothes to widen the variety of the company" he explains.

"I see, well I'm the owner actually" I reveal. 

"Oh well would you be interested?" his tone had completely changed, as if he knew I was going to say no

"Sure" I answer and he looks surprised. 

"Great, just stop by. I'll give your name to the secretary" he hands me a card and walks out of the store.

All throughout the day I was pulling the card out of my pocket and staring at it, thinking if I should really take the job or not? I was staring at it as I sat in my car, I finally put it inside the compartment on my car visor and drove home.  

Niko greets me when I get home with a big smile and he begins to tell me about his day. At first he has my attention but I eventually go back to thinking about the card still in the car. 

I end our conversation by saying I was tired and went upstairs to get some sleep. 

That next day I took the day off from my life and went to go visit Olivia, she always gave the best advice. 

"What do you think you should do?" she asks me after I explain my situation. 

"I don't know, I feel like I should take the job but I don't want to see Himchan happy with someone else" 

"Well I mean how long did you expect him to wait for you?" 

"At least a year" I say but I know it sounds selfish. 

"Gracie you know I love you but you did wrong. I mean I can't say bad about Himchan because he did nothing wrong" she puts a hand on my shoulder. 

"I know, I know. Why was I so stupid? I wish I never met Niko" 

"But it's not his fault either, and I think you should tell him about Himchan. I mean if you don't love him then end the marriage" 

"You're right. Will you come with me?" I joke

She laughs and we spend the rest of the day shopping to get my mind off of all the stress for a while. When I get back home, I see multiple cars in our driveway. I walk in to see our parents chatting it up with Niko, he looks at me as if he desperately wanted them to leave, I smile a little. 

"Gracie, we were waiting for you! We have some good news!" my father tells me as he sips some champagne. It must have been excellent news for everyone to be drinking. 

"What is it?" I anxiously ask. 

"We just bought this clothing brand company so you can expand your clothing line" my mom says with so much excitement. 

My eyes widened! "Seriously?" 

"Seriously! Now come grab a glass and celebrate your upcoming" Mr. Kahale tells me and I grab a glass and everyone scoots over so I can sit next to Niko. 

"Luckily the clothing brand company was new so they weren't as expensive to buy" my father informs me. 

After we're done drinking the champagne, my father hands me this folder with all the information I would need to run a business of my own. I was actually excited, a business of my own meant a step closer to being on my own. 

Once everyone was done celebrating they all went home, Niko and I said goodbye as they drove off. 

"Wow, your own clothing business, sound exciting, I know you're going to do fantastic"

"You think so? I never done this before"

"I know you are! You're fantastic Gracie!"

He was so sweet. 

"Don't say things like that, I don't deserve it" I joke but deep inside I was serious. 

"You really are though" he comes closer, puts his hands on my hips and kisses me. I tried to get into it but it just didn't feel right. Once we break the kiss I smile and we go upstairs. 

I didn't get any sleep, I felt like this guilt was eating me alive. I had only managed to get an hour of sleep before I had to get up and go back to my shop to delay my good news to my employees. 

I threw on whatever clean jeans I saw, and my "Graceful" light blue V-neck  and put my hair into a messy, but still cute, bun. I grabbed all my necessities and headed out.

When I got to work there was a mob of people inside my store, I figured out it was an angry mob when I walked inside. 

"She's the owner" I hear a voice say and all the angry people come towards me.  

The angry mob were employee's for the company my parents bought. They were screaming how they all lost their jobs. 

"My parent's bought the company, I had no idea you all were going to lose your job" I try to explain to them but they're all still angry. 

"Everyone stop!" I hear a voice say and everyone looks to see Himchan, "everyone stop bothering Gracie and go back to the company" he demands and amazingly everyone does what he says.

"Thanks for-" he interrupts.

"We need to talk" he tells me in a serious voice, grabs my wrist, and pulls me outside. 

"Look Gracie, I'm sorry I didn't wait for you but did you really have to go and take my job?!"

"I didn't! My parents bought it I had no idea it was your company"

"Of course you didn't! I see you haven't changed! Stepping on others because you have money! Now you know why I didn't wait for you! I hope you're happy that not only am I out of a job but so is Christy!" he yells in my face then gets in his car and drives off.