Chapter 22

Different Galaxies

Gracie's POV

I watched as Himchan sped away in his car. I too got in my car and drove all the way to my parents house. I used the key they gave to to barge in, in an angry fashion.

"Ma! Dad!" I yell and they come downstairs. 

"Yes dear?" my father asks me. 

"You didn't tell me that everyone who worked for the company you bought was going to get fired!" I say. 

"Well yeah, how else were you suppose to have your employees working there" my father explains. 

"But that's a lot of people!"

"Who cares about those people! They'll find other jobs, just focus on your company being successful" my mother comments. 

"That's the difference between you two and I, I actually care when others are affected in a negative way with the willpower of my money" 

"Oh cry me a river Grace" my father jokes and they laugh, I ignore them and go and try to fix everything. 

I drive to the company and see everyone clearing out their offices. Someone from the angry mob before notices me and everyone crowds around me again, they were screaming at me and insulting me calling me a "heartless " or "home wrecker" 

"Everyone if you just be quiet for a minute I have some good news!" I project my voice louder than theirs. 

Finally everyone is silent, I see Himchan carrying out a box and he turns to look at me. 

"Everyone can have their jobs back, I'll just find more jobs for my former employees to have! So please stop yelling at me"

They're all silent, then they begin to cheer, now I was being showered with hugs and "Thank you"s

As they were all putting their things back in their office, I decide to go up and look at my new office, I found a door that said "President" and opened it to see a huge room, with a single desk and two chairs.

"How empty" I say as I look around more. I start planning out how I was going to redecorate my office when I hear someone knock on the door. I turn to see Himchan, he smiles and asks if he could come in. I nod my head and he comes towards me.

"Uh I just wanted to say sorry for what I said earlier"

"You don't have to say sorry Himchan, I deserved it" I admit. 

"No you didn't, sometimes my temper-"

"You don't have to explain anything to me. You didn't do anything wrong Himchan" I reassure him and smile.

"Well okay, congrats on the job I guess" he awkwardly responds, then leaves. 

My smile vanishes in a matter of seconds, I got to sit in the big chair behind the desk and I turn to face the empty wall. 

"Gracie?" I hear a high-pitched voice, I turn around to see Christy. 

"Yes?" I ask.

"Thanks for giving me and everyone else their job back, you're really nice"

"No problem" I respond and she leaves. 

I took the job but I wasn't sure if I could handle seeing those two be together, but I would have to stick it out because I wanted Himchan to be happy. 

I turned the light off and left the office, everyone smiles and waves at me as I leave the building. 

When I got home, Niko wasn't home, I figured he was out so late for something work related. I changed and got ready for bed. 

Niko's POV

"When are you going to leave her?" Karina, this women I was seeing behind Gracie's back asks me for the thousandth time. 

"Baby, I can't leave her until she does good in this clothing business, so I can take all the money and we can start a life of our own" I explain. 

"Oh that's low down, I like it" she smiles and kisses me as we fall back onto her bed.