Chapter 19: The Promise!

Different Galaxies

Gracie's POV

"Who was that boy Grace?!" my father asks me, I ignore his question and just go upstairs. I hear him try to say something else but my mother stops him once she sees I'm in a bad mood. 

I fall into my bed and cry my eyes out. I was angry, angry at myself for misleading Himchan. I eventually ran out of tears and energy and fell asleep. 

That next morning my eyes were really puffy and red. I showered and got dress, I made sure to put on some make-up to hide my puffy eyes. 

As I'm walking downstairs I see my mother and father whispering to one another.

"Are you ready to talk now?" my mother asks in a sweet, calm tone. 

I nod my head. 

"Now please tell us who that boy was and why he made you cry so much?" she continues.

"His name was Himchan. I met him the day Dad told me I was going on the blind dates. He was my boyfriend but he found out about Niko and we broke up"

It was silent, my father had this look on his face as if he wanted to scream at me but my mother prevented him. 

"We never speak of this again, and the Kahale's don't need to know about this'' he says in a stern tone and gets up and holds the door for us. Outside the Kahale's were waiting for us in their family limo. We all get in and I sit next go Niko, putting on my best smile. 

Himchan's POV

After out break up I tried my best to get over Gracie. I avoided talking about her, and things that reminded me of her I ignored or I took them out of my sight. I wanted to forget about her and our whole relationship. 

I was doing fine until one day. I was watching scary movies with the guys when the doorbell rings. I get up to answer since I was the closest. When I open it, my mood changes once I see it was the gift Gracie was going to give to me the day I found out she cheated on me. 

I pick it up and take it in my room. I sit on my bed and remove the lid, inside was this journal, I opened it to the first page and read:

"Himchan since I know so much about you and know things others don't I want you to get to know me better so here's my journal. I've been writing in it since freshman year of high school, after you read this you'll know things I haven't even told Olivia. I did this because I want you to know you can trust me with your secrets and I can trust you with mine" 

I spent the rest of the night reading it. I found out things about Gracie that I thought would never have happened to her.

She was lonely being an only child, her parents would leave her at home alone and she didn't have a lot of friends.

She had bullies and erts because at some point she was the only black girl at her private. Girls would call her ugly and dirty and guys would corner her and feel her up because they assumed black girls were easy. 

Her father cut her off last year because she started hanging out with people in middle class, and she ended up homeless because she couldn't keep a job and how she had to swallow her pride and beg her father to let her come back home. 

One story was extremely sad, she wrote about how when she was 18 she was in a relationship with this very abusive guy and he would force her to have with him and she could never tell anyone because he was her father's best friend's son and his family company were helping them when her father's company started to lose a ton of money and he threatened to tell his father to stop and let the Barron's go bankrupt and make everyone loose their jobs. 

On the last entry of her journal she wrote: 

Himchan, I can't lie, I am attracted to Niko, but I don't think I'll ever love him and to cheat on you is the last thing I ever wanted to do but I had to, my father will cut me off again and I can't bare those hardships again, but slowly I'll find ways to survive without my father's money, and when that day comes, I'll come back to you Himchan. I can't ask you to wait but I can promise you that I will find you again and come back to you, it's up to you whether you take me back or not and with either decision I'll understand. 

I just stared at the page, I wasn't sure what to do at this point. I know I still wanted to be with Gracie but I mean how long will it take for her not to rely on her father's money, I could only wait so long. And as I thought about her and Niko being married, I imagined all the alone time they'd get and what they would do in that alone time and that steered me towards the don't wait for her option. I knew I had plenty of time to make the decision.