Chapter 11: Moonlight Chemistry

Different Galaxies

Himchan's POV

Now that I knew for sure I liked Gracie, I decided to ask her out on a date. After work I went out, got some flowers, and took the bus near Gracie's neighborhood and walked the rest. 

I rang the doorbell and I heard her shout "I'm coming" through the door. 

"Yes?" she looks up and when she sees me holding flowers a smile comes to her face.

"Will you go on a date with me?" I ask her while handing her the bouquet of flowers. 

"Of course I will" she takes them and reaches over to give me a hug. 

"I'll pick you up in two hours" I inform her and she agrees two hours is enough time. 

I call Yongguk and he comes to pick me up. 

"You finally asked her out?" he asks me on the ride home.

"Yeah. I was so nervous, my hands are still sweaty" I wiped them on my pants. 

Once we arrived at his apartment, I rushed upstairs to get ready. I wanted to look my best for Gracie. 

I raided through my closet and tried on everything, until I was satisfied with what I had on, which was a white button up with a red tie and a black vest and pants with red and black sneakers since I didn't own any nicer shoes. 

"You look sharp" Yongguk said when I walked out. 

"I know" I replied as I fixed my vest, "Ladies can't resist me"

We shared a laugh and I had fifteen minutes to get to Gracie's.

"Can I borrow your car?" I asked Yongguk. He threw me the keys and I left out to go pick up Gracie.

On my way I stopped by a convenience store to pick up a small tissue pack in case my hands get sweaty again. I put them in a small pocket inside my vest and continued on to Gracie's.

I stop in front of her house, take a deep breath but before I could even get out to ring the doorbell Gracie comes out of her house.

"Did you sneak out?"

"Yeah, my parents can't know" she told me as she was putting on her seatbelt

"Why not?" I ask as I begin to drive

"You met Olivia, they're a thousand times worse. Trust me, you dodged a bullet"

While we're driving to where our date will be, we ask each other casual questions.

"You know what I just noticed, I don't even know your last name" she says to me.

"It's Kim, Kim Himchan. I don't know yours either"

"It's Barron, Gracie Barron"

"Now we're on a last name basis" I joke and she giggles to reveal a dimple. 

"Aww you have a dimple" I point to her left cheek

"Yeah, it's been there since I was born"

"I need to start paying closer attention to you" I smirk.

We pull up to where our date is taking place. I hurry to open the door for her and when she steps out she looks around.

"Where are we?"

I grab her hand and interlock our fingers and lead her to a picnic blanket and basket.

"A picnic under the moonlight. A beautiful view for a beautiful girl" I say as I motion my hand towards the blanket, signaling for her to sit. 

"Wow, I've never seen the stars this bright" she says, "living in the city puts a damper on them" 

"I know, that's why when I need to clear my mind I come up here" I admit. 

We talk more as we eat the contents of the picnic basket. After we finish all the food we lay down to look at the stars some more. 

While laying down I tell Gracie to lift her head. She's confused but she still does it. I put my arm under her head and she rest her head back down on my arm.

She smiles at me and scoots closer to me. 

"I'm glad I build up enough courage to ask you out on a date" I confess. 

"As am I"

"I really like you Gracie"

"I really like you too Himchan" she looks up at me and we stare into each others eyes for a minute. I find myself getting closer to her and feeling her get closer to me. I close my eyes and feel her lips on mine. We turn on our sides and wrap our arms around each other to get closer. My heart started beating faster with every moment our kiss lasted.