Chapter 10

Different Galaxies

Gracie's POV

When I got to Niko's house I seen two more cars in the driveway. I rang the doorbell and a woman answered the door.

"Grace, how nice it is to see you" she tells me as she lets me in. 

I follow behind her to the living room where I see Niko in a suit, sitting across from his father. He had the same expression I have when my parents are bugging me about marriage.

His mother sits next to his father as I sit next to Niko

"Grace, how's your father?" Mr. Kahale asks

"Good Mr. Kahale. He sends his best wishes" I use the language my parents told me to use around my fathers business partners. 

"Tell him "Thank you". Before we came, I was told you two were going to a concert uptown.

"Yes we were"

"I hope you don't mind missing it to spend a dinner with us" 

"Of course not, there'll be other concerts" I put on my fakest smile. I really wanted to go to the concert, but I knew I would have to go back to blind dates if I refused his offer.

"Come with me, we'll find you a dress" Mrs. Kahale gets up and leads me to their bedroom. 

We spend forever trying to find a dress she approved of. She finally set her mind on this long, black, strapless gown. It was just my size.

"I haven't put this dress on since I had Niko" she tells me as we look in the mirror at my reflection, "it looks so elegant on you"

"Thank you"

She digs up and old pair of black heels for me. I go to the bathroom to do my own hair and make-up and when I finish she tells me I look stunnig and we leave out to meet the men in the car. 

We all get into this limo that wasn't here before and the car ride is quiet. 

The limo driver drops us off at this restarant that I've never been to. Mr and Mrs. Kahale are getting us a table when Niko pulls me aside.

"I'm sorry our parents ruined our night" he apologizes.

"It's fine"

"No it's not, they shouldn't have forced you to this dinner"

"We're here already, so we might as well make the best of it and get through it"

"If you say so" he smiles at me and we follow behind his parents to our table.

We order our food and  while we're waiting for it to get here, his parents just stared at me.

"So Grace, how old are you again?" Mr. Kahale asks

"I'm 21"

"Right, right, when's your birthday?"

"September 10th" 

"What's your favorite color?" Mrs. Kahale joins in on asking me questions.

"Burgundy"

"What's your favorite food?"

"Spaghetti"

"And your favorite drink?"

"Iced tea"

"And your favorite animal?"

"Turtles"

And-"

"Can you guys stop hounding her with questions" Niko interupts them.

"Sorry, we just want to get to know you" they explain and finally the food comes. 

It's peaceful as we all eat, then Mr. Kahale says something that ruins the serenity.

"Is my son a good boyfriend?" he asks,

"B-boyfriend? Uh yeah, he is" I couldn't say he wasn't my boyfriend, this whole date was going to be reapeated to my parents.

"Have you two kissed yet?" Mrs. Kahale puts in her two cents.

"Ma!" Niko says out of embarrasment.

"Mother, not ma" she says the same exact thing my mom says when I call her ma, "I just wanted to know, but it's none of my business I see"

"It's not" he responds back. 

When we all finish eating, I'm ready to go but apparently his parents aren't.

"Let's get some dessert" Mr. Kahale mentions. 

He orders dessert for all of us and I excuse myself to the bathroom before they attack me with more questions.

While in the bathroom I call Olivia.

"They asked you if you guys kissed? Who asks that?" Olivia comments.

"I don't know. They are just as worse as my parents"

"Are you guys dating? You do go out a lot"

"I don't know, maybe, sort of"

"What about Himchan?"

"It's not like I'm cheating or anything, he hasn't exactly asked me out either"

"But he likes you, you know from the sound of it, I think Niko likes you too"

"I hope not. I'm not up for all that love triangle stuff. I just need to keep him around until my birthday"

"Okay, but don't fall for him in between that time"

"I won't"

We say goodbye to each other and when I hang up I go back out. 

Luckily the dessert was already here, all we had to do was eat it and leave.

I ate mine kind of fast, but not fast enough for them to notice. Niko finished seconds after me, but his parents were taking forever. 

In between bites they would ask me questions and I answered them without showing how annoyed I was. 

They finally finished and it was time to go.

"Sorry about my parents" Niko whispers on the ride back.

"It's okay. I'm use to crazy parents"

" I hope you at least had a nice time..?"

"Yeah I did"

"I'll make it up to you tommorow, I promise"

The car stops and we all go back into the house. I change out of the dress and back into my own clothes and say goodbye to Mr and Mrs. Kahale as Niko walks me out. 

"Good night Gracie, see you tommorow" he tells me as I'm getting in my car. I start up the engine and wave goodbye to him as I drive off.