Chapter 24

Different Galaxies

Gracie's POV

I had finally came up with designs for all my pretty fabrics, I wasn't use to having others make my clothes so when I get the seamstresses my designs I kept a constant eye on them, making sure they got it right. 

I was on my way back from the seamstress room when I saw Himchan and Christy kissing. I rolled my eyes and kept walking, I should shove how there's no P.D.A on the job but I would be doing it for the good of me and not for the good of the job because no one else really cared except me. 

When I walked back into my office Niko was sitting in my chair. 

"Good morning gorgeous" he says as I go and sit in chair across. 

"Good morning Niko, what brings you to my office?" I ask.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing handling the business, and of course to come and see you"

I smile at the last part, "I think I'm doing a pretty good job" I say with confidence, nothing had gone wrong for the week I was here. 

"I knew you could do it, seeing how big this office is, you must be making more money than you did running your own shop"

"Yeah, I'm making bank, you can quit your day job" I joke 

His phone rings, but in a different ringtone than his usual one.

"Oh you changed your ringtone?" I ask.

"Yeah, the old one was getting annoying, anyway I have to get going, I've got business of my own to go attend to" he kisses me on the forehead and rushes out. 

"I liked his old ringtone" I comment to myself as I sit in my own chair. I see him zoom off from the window, it must have been really important. 

Niko's POV

"I found it" Karina holds up Gracie's checkbook and on the last page was her password to her account in small numbers.

"And I got her card" I went to go steal her card while Karina searched our house for her info. 

We were off to the bank to go check how much money Delilah had. 

"Wow, that only has $3000 in her account, I thought she would have more than that" Karina complained as the ATM showed the amount. 

"That's impossible, her store made a lot of profit" I was confused. 

"Does she have another account?"

"Not that I know of, but I'll find out" I assure her as we get back into the car. 

Gracie's POV

While I was waiting for my marketing team to come for our meeting, I went to the break room to get something from the vending machine. As I entered the code, I watched as my M&M's were about to fall but they bend over and get stuck on the glass. I start hitting the machine with my palm but it doesn't move. 

"Hey! Give me my M&M's" I demand as I kick the bottom, but realized that was a bad idea when my foot started hurting. 

"You need help?" I heard a voice, I turned to see it was Christy. 

"You know how to get them out?" I ask pointing to the M&M's 

"Yeah, it happens to me all the time"

I was more surprised to hear she ate stuff from the vending machine. 

She hits the sides repeatedly and the bag of M&M's fall. I grab them and thank her. 

"I was going to take a break too, want to join me?" she asks me as she sits at the round table. 

"Okay" I agree and sit across from her. 

Based on our conversation, I seen she actually was a nice girl and she was just so stunning, no wonder Himchan was with her.  

"How did you start modeling?" I was curious. 

"Well I went to a bunch of fashion buildings with my portfolio, I must have went to at least a hundred, and finally this place gave me a chance" she explains. 

"I see why, you have the looks of a model" I admit.

"Thanks, you're pretty too Gracie. and so young, I envy you for being able to run this company by yourself" she confesses.

"I grew up with business so I knew a lot about it when I was young"

Our conversation ends when Himchan walks in with food in his hand. 

"Himchan and I were going to have lunch, you're welcomed to join us" she tells me. I look over at Himchan and I see he handmade it. I was sure it was made for just two.

"No it's okay, I have to get to a meeting with marketing" I reply. 

"Okay, it was nice talking to you, see you later" she waves as I walk out of the break room. I turn to see them eating together, and try to brush it off. 

Himchan's POV

While I was eating lunch with Christy, I reminded me of Gracie and I's first date, when I brought her food for a picnic, a small smile came across my face. 

"Gracie is wonderful, I see why you two were friends" Christy comments. 

"Yeah" I simply say. 

"Why did you two stop being friends?" 

"It's a long story, but long story short she back stabbed me by putting her wealth over our friendship"

"Really? She doesn't seem like the type to do that" 

"Yeah I didn't think so either, but it wasn't entirely her fault. Her father kind of forced her, he made her do a lot just for the good of his company"

"That's so sad, why didn't she leave?"

"I don't know, she has this mindset that she can't survive on her own without having tons of money, that was another reason why we stopped being friends" 

"I mean you can't blame her, all her life that's how she was raised, I have some friends who's families went bankrupt and they were clueless on how to survive in the middle-class world" she laughs to reveal her radiant smile.

"Yeah, but you she's capable of doing anything she sets her mind to, if she believes she can survive without having a bunch of money she could do it"

"You two must have been closer than I thought?" she raises an eyebrow.

"Not really" I lie. 

Gracie's POV

When I got home that night, I noticed the lights in our bedroom were off and lite by candles. I dropped my work stuff on the table and Niko came out from the bathroom with only a robe.

"What's all this?" I asked as I noticed the rose petals and chocolates on the bed. 

"You've been working hard, so I wanted to do something for you" he unties his robe to reveal his sculpted body, he was only wearing boxers. He reached for my hand and led me towards the bed. I sat down as he took my shoes off for me and hung my blazer. 

He sat on his knees behind me and started to massage my shoulders. I closed my eyes from the relief I was feeling. 

"Wanna hear a secret?" he brushes my hair back and whispers in my ear. 

"Sure" 

"I'm so good at this because I use to massage my father's shoulders because my mom was terrible at it" 

I laugh a little, "That's cute Niko" I comment. 

"Do you have a secret?" 

"Yeah I have some"

"Okay, what?"

"Hmm, well this one time I borrowed a dress from Olivia and I accidently bleached it and when she asked for it I lied and said I gave it back. 

"That was a nice secret, I once crashed my car and bought another one with a secret bank account, yeah I bet you have some of those"

"I did, but my father eventually found out about it"

"Oh how did he find out?" he seemed really curious about it.

"The banker told him I was at the bank often and when he asked me why I ended up telling him about it" 

"Do you still use it?" 

"No" I lie. 

On that note he stopped massaging me and handed me the box of chocolates. 

"I would love to continue but I have to get up early tomorrow" he tells me. 

"Well thanks anyways" I eat some chocolate then start getting ready for bed. 

Why did he want to know about my secret bank account? Did he find out that I have one? Maybe I should just tell him about it...