Chapter 17: Cheater Cheater

Different Galaxies

Gracie's POV

A huge smile came across Niko's face.

"Seriously?" he asks.

"Yeah. I like you too Niko" 

He pins me up against the car and gets closer. 

"You don't know how nice that sounds" he tells me and his face is really close to mine. 

"It feels better saying it than hearing it" I admit.

"I bet it would feel even better to show me" he brushes his lips against mine and eventually he kisses me. I wrap my arms around his neck as he presses his body onto mine, I feel his hands on my waist. 

We break the kiss and says goodnight to one another and I go back home. 

His parents didn't waste a second, my parents knew we had kissed before I opened the door. 

"The Kahale's told us you and Niko we're getting very close!" my mom says and gives me this weird grin.

"We just kissed, that's all"

"Was that the first time?" my father jumps in. 

"Uh..no"

"He seems like a fine young man, I'm glad you chose him as your fiance" my father announces. 

"We barely started dating, don't you think him being my fiance is kind of rushing it?" 

"Well the whole reason you started seeing Niko is to be his fiance" my father explains.

"I know but-"

"Good, tomorrow we'll go over there to discuss wedding plans" 

I agreed and just went up to my room, but I couldn't sleep. I knew agreeing to be both Himchan's and Niko's girlfriend was going to end badly, I needed to think of a way to prevent a big argument before it happened. 

All night I made pros and cons list about the two but they both had equal amounts of pros and cons. I know I needed to choose one and I needed to figure out how to make the decision before it hit the fan.

That next morning I was functioning on three hours of sleep, but I didn't make it seem that way. I got up and drank some coffee to wake myself up, then I jumped in the shower and got ready. 

My mother wanted me to put on something nice, so jeans were out of the question. I put on a black high waisted a-line skirt with a black and white polka dot button up tucked inside, and I put on black open-toed heels. I made a waterfall braid on one side to keep my bangs out of my face and went downstairs to see if it was worthy enough for my mother. 

"You look so cute" she hugs me, she's more excited about us going to the Kahale's than I am. 

She and my father had already been ready since they thought the first thing they put on was fantastic. They drive in their car and I take my own car, just in case Niko and I wanted to make a fast getaway. 

When we got to the Kahale resident, both our parents were overly energized while Niko and I had a regular expression towards everything they said. 

"So when should we set the date?" Mrs. Kahale had a whole planner just for our wedding. 

"Sometime in the Fall, it's too late for Grace to be a summer bride" my mother comments. 

"Where should it be?" Mr. Kahale adds in.

"We'll look for churches" my father answers.

They basically were planning the whole wedding while Niko and I just sat there and listened, nodding our heads when they gave us just the slightest attention. I really didn't care how the wedding went, because I wasn't sure if I was going to pick Niko in the end, I was still in between. 

After our parents just didn't acknowledge us completely, Niko suggested we go to his room and watch TV. I agreed considering it would be better than hearing them ramble on about the wedding. 

We went into his room and Niko his big flat screen TV. I kicked my heels off and layed back into his bed, he right next to me. For a while we were just watching TV, but then Niko reached over and kept rubbing my leg, and I would be lying if I said it wasn't having an affect on me. 

Pretty soon he rolled over, moved my face towards his, and we began to kiss. As the kiss got more passionate, so did our body language. Niko ran his hands up and down my leg, his hand slowly going up my skirt. 

Suddenly my phone rang, and the ringtone for Himchan went off and I interrupted our moment. I looked at my phone to see the text Himchan sent me, he was asking to see me. I knew I couldn't leave but I wanted to see him, I haven't seen in in weeks. I lied and said I couldn't make it. When he asked me why I couldn't think of anything. I ended up saying that my father was in a bad mood and he was right next to the door and I wanted to avoid confrontation. He said it was okay and that he'll try to be finished early tomorrow so we could hang out and I replied with a "That sounds great :)"

I felt bad for lying to him and now I wasn't in the mood to mess around with Niko. Luckily someone knocked, preventing me from having to think of another lie to explain why I didn't want to continue what we were doing. 

"Come on you two, we're going to go see your wedding planner" Mrs. Kahale tells us and we put our shoes back on and follow them all out the door. 

Our parents take my parents car, leaving Niko and I in my car. While I was driving Niko kept playing with the radio and whenever he heard a song he knew he would sing it at the top of his lungs which made me laugh. Many drivers looked at us at stop signs but it didn't bother me. When a song we both knew came on we both started singing extremely loud. 

"It feels good to belt out songs" he tells me.

"It does" I agreed.

"Especially when I'm belting them out with the most prettiest girl I've ever met in my entire life" he reaches over and grabs my hand and laces our fingers together. 

I smile at his compliment.

When we reach this big building, I assume it's where the wedding planner works. We all go in, Niko and I still holding hands, and this lady tells us our wedding planner will see us in a minute.

While we're waiting, Niko and I start talking about the wedding stuff.

"To tell you the truth Grace. I don't want to get married. My parents are forcing me" he admits.

"That's exactly how I feel. My parents are forcing me to get married too!" 

"I mean, I'm perfectly cool with us just dating"

"You and me both"

"So why are we going through with this?"

"Well my parents said they're going to cut me off if I don't get engaged, and one thing I'm absolutely sure I'm bad at is working a job" I reply and we both laugh a little.

"My parents threatened to send me off to the service if I didn't get engaged"

"It's crazy how much they care about bettering their businesses that they are willing to make  their children unhappy to get it"

"I know right, but one good thing is that I met you. All the other bad blind dates seemed like they were worth it after I went on a date with you"

"You're so sweet" I tell him and kiss him on the cheek

"You must be the Kahale and Barron family. My name is Nicole, and I'm going to make this your dream wedding" she shakes everyone's hands. She leads us to her office and they all discuss the same things they did when we were back at the Kahale's place. 

After I was sitting there having no clue what was going on, we were all handed planners and we all exchanged numbers so we could contact each other.

"You all have planners with all the important dates, times, and addresses. None of you be late" she demands and we all thank her and leave the building. 

Once we arrive back at the Kahale's I try to make up an excuse, I still had time to go see Himchan, even if it was just for a moment. 

"Uh I have to go get gas, I'll be back'' I lie after Niko gets out of the car. 

"Get gas later" my mother tells me. 

''I can't ma, I don't want to run out of gas in the middle of going back home" 

"Well take Niko" my father suggests.

I pause for a moment, If I say Niko can't go they'll get suspicious.

''Okay hop in Niko" I say and he gets in with me.

I drive to the nearest gas station where Himchan works and Niko offers to pay for my gas. I thank him and he goes inside. When he comes out I'm already at my gas tank. 

''Want me to pump it?"

"No it's alright, you've done enough" I smile at him. He smiles back and gets in the car. 

I had to think quick, then I looked down at my cute outfit and knew what I had to, something had to be ruined. 

It was the shoes that I had to sacrifice, I took my shoe off, making sure Niko didn't see, and wet the sides of my shoes with gasoline, then threw them in the back of my car as I got back in barefoot.

I spilled some gas on my shoes, I have to go get new shoes'' I whined and I tried to make a tear come out but I wasn't that good of an actress.

"I'm sorry, there's a store right there" he points at some store but I lie and say that store never has my shoe size.

I pull up to Himchan's store. 

"I'll check this store, can you stay in the car? This neighborhood seems kind of if-y'' I tell him.

"It does, don't you want me to go with you?"

"No it's fine, I'll be okay. I have pepper spray" I assure him and he stays in the car. 

I walk in and immediately go over to Himchan.

"Since you came in here barefoot I'm assuming you need some shoes" he laughs and I nod my head. 

He walks me back to the shoe section, and I spot some cute black flats. I reach for them but I can't grab them. Himchan then reaches them and hands them to me. 

"Thank you" I smile at him.

I try them on and they fit good, we go over to the counter and I pay for them. 

"I missed you. I felt like I haven't seen you in years" I over exaggerate. 

"I missed you too'' he tells me and leans over the counter and pecks me on the lips. 

He grabs my hand and leads me behind the counter. He puts my hands around his neck and pulls me closer by my waist.

''You look extra cute today'' he says.

"Thank you, I was out with my parents" I reply.

Then he presses his lips against mine once again, but this time it lasted longer. As we prolonged our kiss, we heard a customer come in and stopped. 

"I got to go anyway" I kiss him one last time and head out the store. 

"Found a good pair?" Niko asks me. 

"I sure did" I showed him the flats and he agreed they were nice, then I drove off before they seen one another.