Chapter 27

Different Galaxies

Gracie's POV

~~~~ A Few Months Later~~~~~

After I divorced Niko, the first thing I bought was an apartment, that was the first step of living without my father's regulations. It was a great apartment, I mean I did decorate it myself. 

The apartment was located in a middle class environment, full of middle class folks, which were my favorite kind of folks! All my neighbors were lovely which made living in the apartment even better. 

Unfortunately someone bought my Graceful building and made it into a noodle shop so I had to find another job while I searched for another building to start my own business in, which is where the rest of the money I had saved up would go towards.

I worked at a pet shop, which wasn't that bad, the animals were super cute and I liked the faces of the little children when they got a new pet. 

I even got a pet, a bunny named Foo-Foo. 

But even with all these positive things that were happening to me, I found myself thinking about Himchan a lot. I figured I lost my chance with him all together, that being another reason why I gave up my company. I was beginning to hate going to work since I had to see Himchan with some other girl every day.

I tried to get over him but it would take some time. 

I was at work finishing cleaning all the cages when my boss comes in and tells me we're closing up early since he's going out of town for the rest of the evening. 

I gather all my things and hang my smock in the back. I help him close up the shop and head home.

Once I enter my apartment lobby, the apartment receptionist tells me I have a visitor. Anxious to know who it was I quickly get on the elevator. 

I walk down my hall and as I get closer I see the face of my visitor. 

"Himchan?" I say, he looks up and smiles at me. I invite him in and take his jacket. 

"How'd you find out where I live?" I asked him. 

"Youngjae lives down here, he bought a pet recently and he told me you worked at the store so I came down to the store one day and followed you to your apartment, but that was like three weeks ago. It took me a long time to actually come visit you"  he explains. 

"Why'd it take you so long?" 

He laughs a little, "I don't know, I thought you were mad at me" he sounds a little embarrassed after admitting it. 

"Why would you think that?"

"Because after the day we kissed you divorced your husband and sold your company, I thought I caused it" 

"No, I just finally came clean, but he was already stepping out on me so we just ended the marriage since we both obviously didn't love each other" I inform.

"Why did you sell your company?"

"Because I wanted a fresh start, I didn't want anything my father gave me I wanted to gain everything I have now by myself" I fail to mention I was also jealous of his relationship with Christy

"Good for you Gracie, I'm proud of you"

"Thank you, how have you been lately?" 

"I've been good, Niko's been doing a good job with running the company" he tells me. 

"That's good" I reply, but I still haven't heard about what I wanted to hear. 

"And Christy and I..." he hesitates, this is what I've been waiting for, "are getting married" 

My heart breaks into a hundred, no make that a million, pieces.

"Congratulations" I collect all my fake emotions to say. 

"Thank you, the wedding's in two days" he adds on.

"Wow, that's even better" I clear my throat since my voice cracked a little. 

I just stare at the ground, using every fiber of my being to keep this phony smile on my face. 

"You want something to drink?" I casually ask. 

"Water's fine" he tells me. 

I get up and go over to the kitchen and grab a glass. Right as I was about to fill it up with water Himchan comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my shoulders 

"I'm just kidding, I broke up with her and Niko as being the CEO of the company so I quit my job" he says in my ear. 

I pause.

The biggest smile appeared on my face. 

"Not only does he at running the company but it's hard taking orders from the guy that the love of my life left me for, it creates a lot of hostility in the work place, especially since I'm still in love with you" he smiles 

Was this a dream? Am I imagining things? 

"I still love you too Himchan" I tell him. 

He turns me around and lightly kisses me on the lips. 

I finally got my second chance with Himchan, and nothing, and I mean nothing is going to mess up our relationship!