First Day on the Job

Different Galaxies

Gracie's POV 

Today was my official day of being a boss. Everyone had their jobs, new and old employees. 

"What's today's ajenda?" I ask myself as I spin around in my chair towards my desk. I look through a bunch of folders and documents but I have no idea what they all mean. 

"I know, I'll have a meeting" I press this button that makes my voice be heard on our over-head speakers and call a meeting. 

I go down to the conference room to see that everyone was there already. 

"Good morning everyone" I say and everyone responds with a "Good morning Mrs. Barron. 

"Call me Gracie" I assure them, "I just wanted to get to know everyone so I held this meeting" I explain.

"How about we go around the table and introduce ourselves" someone suggests and I agree that was a good idea. 

I got to know everyone's name and their positions at the company. When they weren't forming a mob around me, everyone was really nice. 

On my way back to the office, I see Himchan and Christy walking down the hall together and go into his office, which was right across from mine. When I go into my office I turn to look at his door but it's closed. 

I sit at my desk, and thinking about what they could be doing in there is driving me crazy. I look through some more folders to get my mind off of it, but I keep thinking about it. 

"Gracie?" I hear someone call my name, I look up to see Olivia. I jump out of my chair and run over to her, she always came rigt when I needed her. 

"Congrats on your new company" she tells me.

"Thanks"

"So where's Himchan's office?" she whispers, I point to the door across and she makes this face that says "Wow that's awkward"

"And he's in there with his girlfriend"

"What?!" her eyes big open, boy did she love gossip. 

She gets up and I ask her where she's going and she just shushes me. I see her tip-toe across the hall, and puts her ear to the door. Seconds later it opens, I pretend as if I didn't even see her. 

"What were you doing?" I hear Himchan. 

"I was looking for Gracie's office" she lies. 

"It's this one" he replies. 

"Thanks, nice seeing you" she comes in and we reenact what we just did five minutes ago to play it all off. 

Once Himchan and Christy leave, we begin to laugh, so hard that our sides felt like they were splitting. She always could make me laugh. 

"Okay well I have to go, I just wanted to stop by" she informs me. I walk her to the elevator and we wave to one another until the doors close. 

As I'm sitting in my office spinning in my chair I get a phone call. The call was about my order of fabric being at the front desk. I go down to pick it up and the man at the front desk looks at me strange. 

"Sweetie, why are you down here getting it? That's not your job!" he asks me, judging by the way he was dressed and talked I could tell he was gay. 

"What do you mean?"

"Your assistant manager is suppose to get them, you want me to call him?"

"No it's fine, I'll just take them"

"Darling, you can't carry these, they're heavy" he makes this face as if the boxes smelled bad. 

"Why don't you help me then?" I ask. 

"Because that's not my job"

I laughed, "Okay, I give in, call the assistant manager"

I watch as he makes the call. "Yes boyfriend, there's packages, come get them please. Thanks, love ya" he hangs up and I giggle. 

"You call Himchan your boyfriend?"

"Yes honey! Have you seen him? He's fine! That Christy stole him from me, broke my heart" he pulls out a nail file and starts to work on his nails. 

"I've seen him, and you're not lying" I say in a low voice. 

"Ooooh Boss Lady, you know you not right" he laughs, then Himchan walks out. 

"Boyfriend! You got Boss Lady down here getting these boxes! How dare you?" 

Himchan smiles. "I didn't mean to, forgive me Jeremiah" he responds as he grabs the two big boxes. 

"You know I always do" he winks at Himchan. 

"He totally wants me" he declares once Himchan is gone. 

"Isn't it obvious?" I humor him.

"Ooooh Boss Lady, I like you" he points the nail file towards me. 

"I like you too Jeremiah. Now if you excuse me, I have to go do some business" I pull the edge of my blazer and walk off. 

"Own it girl!" I hear Jeremiah. 

When I'm back in my office I'm still laughing, I could already tell Jeremiah and I were going to be good friends. 

"Uh Gracie?" Himchan says from his office. 

"Yes?" I go to my doorway. 

"What am I suppose to do with this fabric?" he asks. 

I go into his office and look through the boxes, all the fabric was beautiful. 

"Well I order the fabric, then I come up with what I'm going to make afterwards" I explain.

"Okay, do you want me to go get you a drawing pad?"

"Yeah, thanks" he leaves, moments later he comes back with a few drawing pads. I thank him and go back to my own office and start to put my ideas on paper. 

Unfortunately everything I was drawing came out hideous to me, so I was drawing all day, I hadn't even notice the sun went down. 

I feel myself dozing off...

Soon I was woken up from someone shaking my shoulder, I looked up to see Himchan. 

"I just woke you up to tell you it's time to go home unless you plan on staying," he tells me.

I look down at the awful sketch and decided to stay until I was finished then I would go home. 

"You want me to stay with you? It gets kind of spooky in this building at night" he asks me, I desperately wanted to say yes but I assure him I would be fine. 

"Ok, well goodnight Gracie"

"Goodnight Himchan" I smile at him as he leaves out my office. 

All night I kept messing up on my clothes design, I eventually gave it a rest and just started doodling. I drew Himchan and I, well my best effort to draw us. 

I smiled at the doodle as I added small things to it, I looked over at my clock to see it was almost midnight. I closed all my drawing pads and placed them in a stack on the edge of my desk. 

I gather up all my stuff and leave, I see a light was on in the break room. I peek in to see Himchan sitting there on his laptop. 

"You didn't go home?" I ask him as I walk in. 

"No, I felt bad leaving you here all alone" he admits. 

I just smiled a little when he wasn't looking. 

"Thanks" 

"It's nothing, I use to do it for my old boss" he gets up and we walk out together. 

"See you tomorrow" I tell him and he waves as he walks to his own car. 

Himchan's POV

I watched as Gracie drove off, I smiled after she was out of sight. I had lied about waiting for my old boss, but I didn't want her to think it was anything special. 

She hurt me bad, yet I felt myself falling for her all over again. 

"I must be going crazy" I say to myself as I pull out of the garage.