The Wife's Bestfriend

32 HOURS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


Seunghyun walks happily as he entered his office building. He’s been whistling a tune or two ever since he came out of his house. He feels he could infect anybody with his goofy smile all day long. He greeted everybody in the building that he’d come across to, even the gardener and the janitress. Every time an employee bows to him, he gives them his boyish grin and pats them on the back. This usually results to women fainting along the hallway. Seunghyun still got that playful aura around him that women fantasize.

 

“Good morning sir, looking happy.” His secretary who goes by the name of Kim Myungsoo greeted him at the anteroom of his office and handed him his favorite double shot espresso.

 

“I had a fun weekend.” He sighed with satisfaction and sips from his cup. He received a text from Chaerin reminding him of Haneul’s recital later in the afternoon and he can’t contain his giddy spirit all the more.

Seunghyun animatedly told his secretary about their quality time in Lotte World. He was amused by the extremely wild rides that the theme park has already developed, very far from the 2012 set-up. He also told Myungsoo of how he had gotten Haneul a dog toy that she really really likes. The rides today are more daring that he fears he could only let Haneul ride the ferris wheel. Even the merry-go-round has already mechanical horses racing inside the ring.

 

He amusedly looked at his young secretary. He senses that this Myungsoo doesn’t give a about what he’s saying but could do nothing but smile and nod as if he is really interested. He had done that a lot before when he was just starting out with his career, trying to impress his bosses. Just to irk the boy, he suddenly asked,

 

“Don’t you want to settle down Myungsoo?” this question startled the younger man. His secretary clears his throat.

 

“A woman is just a nuisance sir, they dig out your credit cards till you go broke” he shakes his head cockily and heads out of the office.

 

Seunghyun is preventing himself from chuckling aloud. The boy surely sounded like him just some nights ago, but Chaerin made him see things the other way. In fact, he did not want to leave the house anymore. Chaerin is such a good cook that he eats anything she makes. He pats his happy tummy; he predicts it’ll turn flabby any time soon if Chaerin won’t stop cooking savory and tempting meals. He’s still smiling widely when a man at his late twenties entered his office casually and sits down on one of his couches as if he was welcomed.

 

“Ah, I’m so glad to be back. How’s everything going?” Seunghyun furrows his brows at the air of arrogance this man is bringing. Good thing Myungsoo entered again and handed out some papers that Seunghyun needed to sign.

“Mr. Lee, you’re back.” He bows down formally but the other man shrugs it off, “Oh please Myungsoo-ah, just call me Seungri.”

“Ummm, yes, Seungri-ssi.” he reluctantly nods and exits again. He must be that guy from Japan that his secretary was talking about. They must be quite close judging from how he acts casually around his authority.

“So, how’s Japan?” Seunghyun pretended to be interested and the man instantly blabbered about his adventures and acquaintances. After his long monologue, he finally noticed that Seunghyun wasn’t listening anymore and was just going through the paper works on his desk.

“How’s Chaerin and Haneul?” Seungri asks quietly. Seunghyun looked up. Were they that close for him to ask about his family? This man is beginning to irritate him.

“They’re good.”

“Only good?”

“We went out last weekend. Lotte World.”

 

“You brought them to Lotte World only?” Seungri laughed mockingly at him. What is wrong with Lotte World? Haneul enjoyed being there! He even won a big dog toy for his daughter!! His ears are already producing steam.

 

“You should have bought them to Jeju or Maldives, you know. Or you could have come with me in Japan, there are many nice look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter