Rewind

32 HOURS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

February 2012. His calendar read.

 

This is madness. This was unacceptable. He remembered scrambling out of his bed to have a good look at everything. His bathroom looked exactly how he remembered it to be, his living room and dining area were untouched. Everything was in its pristine condition.  No sizzling, simmering noise of food being prepared in the kitchen, no clutter of toys, and there’s no trace of feminine scent.

 

He felt so alone and awkward staying inside his own flat. It felt unfamiliar and…cold. He missed his Chaerin and Haneul already. He felt cheated he wanted to cry.

 

Why is this happening again? One time he was with his wife, in a hospital and now he’s back in his lonely flat. How ed up is he?

 

It was impossible for it to be a dream. It was too long and too real to be just a figment of his imagination. Or has he gone mad? His heart caved in at the thought.

He refused to believe it.

 

Chaerin was real. What he felt was real. God, he missed her.

 

Seunghyun checked his phone, and no name of Chaerin appeared. He checked the morning broadcast and in bold letters, it was indeed February 2012. His secretary called, which was Ms. Jung again, not Myungsoo. She informed him he missed yesterday’s meeting. All of them. But he couldn’t care more. And he only disappeared yesterday?

All of that. For just a day?

 

He was panicking inside and he can feel another wave of anxiety attack coming. What is happening to him?

 

"DARA!!!!!!" he shouted out of nowhwere, hoping hard that she might have the answer to his ed up situation.

 

Stillness answered back.

 

A headache was hanging in his head and a feeling of emptiness was consistently throbbing in his chest. He misses them all so much. Seunghyun remembered slumping to his couch, not moving for several minutes, just digesting it all in. It couldn’t be true. THIS life wasn’t true.

 

He remained motionless for another hour or so, eyebrows together, hands slightly shaking and his brain just trying to wrap everything that’s happened to him. Where the fvk is everybody? Chaerin promised she’ll be here with him. Where is she now? 

 

But he realized that it’s 2012!

 

“It’s 2012!!!” he shouted again, standing up, addressing no one in particular.

 

It’s back in 2012, and since he is back in time, he has the chance to look for Chaerin, to start better, to get ready once he find her. He had a chance and that’s all that mattered to him! It excited him in the strangest ways.

 

The idea was sound inside his head, and it brought back the positivity in him. Ideas formed in his head and he was starting to plan everything. He smiled as he hurriedly changed to a white shirt and jeans and he headed out to see Jiyong.

 

The security guards of his condominium were very surprised to see Seunghyun in ordinary clothes, and were even more curious when he offered a smile to each of them. The guards could only scratch their head in wonder. They’ve never seen him without a suit and a tie, let alone notice them.

 

When he arrived at Jiyong’s house, his friend was in for the shock of his life. “Jiyong-ah!” Seunghyun smiled at the former, casually barging in the man’s condo.

 

“Someone’s a bit cheery today. Had a good ?” Jiyong sourly greeted back, it was too early in the morning for him. “And why are you in those clothes? Aren’t you supposed to be at work today?”

 

“I’ll wing it.” He nonchalantly settled on his couch, his mood still zipping positively. Jiyong could only watch from across his seat.

 

“Your secretary was looking for you yesterday too. Poor woman, she sounded helpless.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter