Piling Up

32 HOURS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“We swear to any deity above that we did not tell a single soul about you divorcing your wife.” Jiyong slouched on the VIP couch of the bar.

In front of them was a fuming Seunghyun. He’s been downing alcohol to calm his nerves but nothing was happening.

“I haven’t seen Chaerin in a long time since you’ve been acting strange, so don’t accuse me!” Taeyang raised both of his hands in surrender.

“But you’ve been in constant communication with her when I was sleeping in your house.” Grumpy Seunghyun replied.

“But all we ever did was talk about you, and how you’re not taking your meds. That’s all.” Seunghyun stood up and gripped Taeyang’s collars.

“Hey, hey, hey! Stop this!” Jiyong shouts.

“Hyung, I swear.” He pushed back Taeyang and melted to the opposite couch, head on his palms, feeling as helpless as ever.

“Instead of interrogating us, why not ask her herself? Most of the time husbands are in trouble with their wives because they’re not asking the right questions.”

“Or you’re not doing it right.” Taeyang offered.

“Remember hyung, happy wife, happy life!” Jiyong grinned enthusiastically, raising his glass.

“Where the do you get these lines Ji?” Seunghyun grimaced.

“Rio! You know, that film about birds in Brazil.”

“He watches too much cartoons with his kids.” Taeyang laughs.

“You won’t believe the amount of advice you can get from cartoons, dudes. I’m not kidding. Do not underestimate their powers!”

“You’re lucky you watch bird films, try Frozen... the singing just never ends.” Seunghyun shakes his head, and the guys laugh it off.

 

 

“So...was I too hard on him?” Chaerin asks the following day. She had just related what happened to Seungri, and was asking for his view on things. The response she got where fits of laughter from him and Haneul. They were playing again with the food, and she was totally ignored.

Chaerin needed time to cool off so here she was, in an ice cream parlor near their house, with her best male friend who’s apparently more interested with entertaining her daughter. Good choice of company, she sarcastically pats herself.

 

“Haneul! Stop with the brownies and ice cream! You’ll get too hyper all day and you won’t be able to nap in the afternoon!” Chaerin reaches for her daughter, but she hid behind Seungri.

 

“Look Chae, give Seunghyun a break. It’s been hard in the office lately because he’s stressed, he’s out of focus and all you need to do is be the supportive wife!”

 

“That is just so selfish!”

 

“Hey nobody asked you to be his wife, you willingly did that to yourself.” He laughs at her scrunched up face.  “Seriously though Chae, I think you were too hard on him. You’ve misinterpreted things, you were getting ahead of what he wanted to happen. Bet you only gave him your void face, and it scared the guy! We all know Seunghyun isn’t a patient man, based from what you’ve said, I applaud him for stretching his patience that far. He isn’t that forbearing in the office. And you, you feisty little woman, just happen to know when to push his buttons so he’d blow up. You wanted a fight.”

 

“I was fed up! He disappears for days, then he decides to show up, uses Haneul and expects us to be okay, in a snap of his hands? Well I’m sorry, I won’t grant that easily.”

 

“But he’s trying, isn’t he Chae? You can’t deny that he wants to be on your good page again. Others would’ve spiralled down. I think it’s the stress.”

 

“That worse? He keeps on forgetting important details of our relationship! It irks me!”

 

“He’s not alone in the boat. A lot of guys are like that, you know.” He smiles brightly.

 

“Why, in the world are you siding with him?! We’re the ones w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter