Possibilities

32 HOURS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Amnesia.

 

This newfound realization could possibly be the only logical and scientific reason behind everything, yet it doesn’t make any sense at all. The doctor should’ve told him he had amnesia when he went for a check-up. Somebody, anybody must have known if he had one. The possibility hanged on his head since that night by the beach.

 

 

He did not mention anything to Jiyong or Chaerin. He became too absorbed to the idea that he didn’t notice the glares Chaerin has been giving him, or the hurt in her eyes whenever they’d talk randomly.

 

 

He reasons, that everything was indeed really normal, his friends are well aware of their careers, Seunghyun saw the wedding videos Chaerin was talking about and he was in every single important event of his daughter’s life. No silly time skipped happened. That motherer Seunghyun had actually disappeared. He had always thought he’ll grow old, that every Valentines would become emptier. He expects karma to come back punching him on the gut. He imagined himself, by now, crippled with AIDS or any other STD for ing too much. But none of it happened. He actually managed to turn his life around. But how?

 

 

His hands went to his temples to massage them in an attempt to clear his mind, the row of unanswered questions pouring in again.

 

 

“Daddy, can you help me with my artwork?” His cheerful little angel tugged his pants, bringing his thoughts back to his current activity. He’s helping out his daughter for whatever she wanted to do.

 

 

He grinned as he saw paint ran across Haneul’s chubby cheeks and her hair was a mess. He smiles down at his little minion – she’s one of the reasons he managed to keep his mind sane. And yes, he wouldn’t want anyone else for a daughter either.

 

 

“Of course darling, now what do you want me to do?” They walked over the living room cluttered with art materials and layers of papers.

 

 

“Cut these pictures of me please! I’m a little butterfly here.” She gleefully handed the stack of recently developed photos given by her mother. From the looks of his daughter’s abstract project, she’s making a collage of her birthday celebrations. His lips curved upwards at a picture of Chaerin carrying a then newly born Haneul. The brightness of her eyes as she stares lovingly at her daughter rivaled the rays of the sun. She’s sitting on a hospital bed, tired but glowing. Her cheeks were tainted with pink and her hair tied to a loose bun. It must have been a fulfilling moment that they’ve been waiting all along. And despite all the bull running on his mind lately, this one picture says it all. He has a family to go home to every day.

 

 

His heart skipped a beat, and unknowingly, tears formed at the edge of his eyes.

 

 

How can something so beautiful, be forgotten?

 

 

He blames his stupid brain for not recalling this piece of memory.  The still picture has affected him so much and the burning desire to remember everything surged within. He will get his memory back and will set things right.

 

 

“Daddy, are you hungry?”

 

 

“No darling. Why would you say so?”

 

 

“I cry when I’m hungry, so I guess you are hungry.” Haneul pursed her lips, afraid that if she stayed any longer without food, her father would cry more because of hunger. She scurried to the kitchen and brought back a cookie. By then, Seunghyun had wiped his tears and hugged her daughter.

 

 

“I’m crying because I’m happy darling.” He settles Haneul on his lap with a chuckle, facing him. She frowned in confusion and folded her arms together. “You laugh when you’re happy daddy, you don’t cry. That’s a silly thing to do.”

 

 

“Oh right, next time, I will laugh.” He flashed a boyish grin and winked at her. “Now let’s get back to work shall we?”

 

 

“Yeeey! ” Haneul reached for another photo on the table and handed it to Seunghyun.  “I love my fairy dress here daddy, it was from my last birthday. Cut it for me please!” she clapped in excitement.

 

 

When Seunghyun had a better view of what she was holding, it was his turn to frown. On the picture, everyone was there, except for him. Haneul was being carried by none other than Seungri. Of course, the fool wanted to get every opportunity to ruin his family. He wanted to wipe off the silly grin of the bastard’s face. Beside the prick was his wife, then Jiyong’s family. Even Daesung, Minzy and Taeyang were present. They were all smiling widely at the camera.

 

 

He reached from the pile and continued to scan the pictures while Haneul resumed to her painting. There wasn’t a single photo of him and his family. He never even saw the photos before, but then again, he doesn’t really know much at the moment.

 

 

He frowned again, this time, the creases on his forehead were deeper. Where the was he?

 

 

“Haneul, darling, why am I not here in the photos?” Waving a picture in mid-air.

 

 

“You went to work. Mommy said you’d be gone for a week so we celebrated without you. I was crying the whole morning when I found out but you gave me this necklace when you went back, so I forgave you.” The child blabbered on, glancing up once to look at the picture but resumed to her piece of work.

 

 

He dared miss his daughter’s birthday and gave Seungri the upper hand on that day? Tch. What could have happened?

 

 

“Daddy, remember after you arrived, you started to act weird. You even forgot to bring me to school that day.” She’s now looking up to Seunghyun with wide innocent eyes that it hurts to turn away.

 

 

“Darling, I’m very sorry about that. Daddy was just…“  

 

 

Crazy. His mind finished it for him but he shook his head to discard the thought.

 

 

“…busy with work.” The former just shrugged it all off. “It doesn’t matter now d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter