That Kiss

32 HOURS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“MISSION SAVE-CHAERIN’S-MARRIAGE-PART-TWO SHALL COMMENCE!” The car hits its brake and Bom fist pumped the air with conviction and clapped excitedly. Across the passenger’s seat, Jiyong could only roll his eyes.

 

“Honey, please… please don’t shout. I could clearly hear you okay? We’re inside the car for Christ’s sake! And what’s this ‘mission-save-Chaerin’s-marriage’ all about??” He grips on to the steering wheel, holding onto his sanity. Sometimes, he just can’t take the pitch of her voice.

 

“Aigoooo ~ I’m just excited, that’s all! Oh, and that… that’s just between me and Chaerin.” she glanced at the car’s side mirror, still no sight of Chaerin and Seunghyun.

 

 “Whatever that is, do not step into their issues okay?? I know you… ”

 

“Ahhhh! Are you calling me nosy?!” Bom crossed her arms, annoyed at how distrusting Jiyong can be.

 

“What I’m saying is, they can decide for themselves. Do not get ahead of them, it’s their private lives.” He reaches out to Bom’s hand, trying to soothe her mood – but the red head harshly withdrew her hand.

 

“Whatever, I won’t sit here and turn a blind eye when I saw Seunghyun getting all lovey dovey with a woman in a restaurant. I have to protect Chae.” Bom covered because of the sudden slip.

 

“HE WHAT??” Jiyong’s eyes bulged out. Seunghyun never mentioned about another woman. So it all boils down to this? He’s making all that amnesia an excuse? Bom may over react a lot but she’s not a liar. Still, he needs to confirm it from Seunghyun himself.

 

“I SAID I SAW HIM OKAY.”

 

“Who’s the girl?”

 

“How am I supposed to know? You’re his friend, right? Or are you hiding something from me too. Huh?” she raised an eyebrow and lightly punched Jiyong on the chest.

 

“Now don’t go unreasonable honey. Believe me, I have nothing to do with that. And please Bom, you don’t know everything yet. A coin has two sides.”

 

“Well all I know is that I’m saving one side of that coin!” she spat and turned away.

 

“Saving who?” a voice from behind spoke up, the couple jerked their heads and they saw Chaerin getting inside followed by Seunghyun.

 

“Ah nothing nothing! Just some friend of ours.” Jiyong quickly recovers. “Ready?”

 

“Wazzup bro.” Seunghyun  nods at Jiyong. The latter nods back as he started the engine. Tonight will be one of those rare nights that they go out on a double date. Don’t ask further though– it is Bom idea. And it just means it’ll just be unpredictable and spontaneous.

 

“Oh my god, you still call each other bro?” Bom giggles. “What are you some wanna be rappers?”

 

Chaerin erupted in laughter too. “Yahhh, I remember this idol some years back… his hair was dyed *mint and he always pretended to be oh so cool but ended up making a fool of himself. He was like a praying mantis dancing on stage. HAHA.”

 

Bom giggled so hard she slapped Jiyong’s arm, making the car swivel on the next lane. “Ooops, sorry honey.” She moved her body away from Jiyong’s icy glare.  “Oh Chae, there was also this guy with a seaweed hair. Can you believe it, I mean who would style their hair like a grass? I bet it stinks too. Aigoo foolish people. HAHAHAHAHA. ”

 

“Ladies! Not to loud okay??” Jiyong snaps, making them stop. Through the mirror, he glances at his hyung busy with his mobile phone.

 

“You okay hyung? You’ve been quiet.”

 

“Ah, just something.” He continued texting without looking up.

 

“Something what? What could be more important than Chaerin at the moment?” Bom butts in, earning a we-shall-talk-later look from Jiyong.

 

“What?” she mouthed to her husband, playing innocent.

 

“Aigoo unnie, don’t be so harsh, it’s just probably some business.” Chaerin smiles and wraps her hand around Seunghyun’s arm.

 

“Sorry it was a bit urgent. Now where were we?” Seunghyun changed the topic, shaking off the tension.

 

“We were talking about rappers.” Chaerin giggled.

 

“Ah ~ that mint haired guy, I’ve always thought he was cool, and handsome too.”

 

~~~~~

 

 The whole place was quiet… everybody’s eyes was glued to the big screen set-upped at the park along the beach. Save for the occasional sobbing of a woman in jeans and leather jacket, a man cuddled her from behind, always hushing her so not to disturb other movie goers. They look like a young couple and nobody would even suspect that they’ve been married for years and they have three children. They sat upon the car’s front hood, with a mat to make them comfortable. The red head was so absorbed with the movie that all she can do was stare and sob while her husband toss popcorns to . They movements were so well coordinated that the woman never missed a crumble nor choked.

 

Jiyong giggles at Bom’s tear wrecked face. “You’re always too emotional sweetheart. It’s just a movie.”

 

“Yah! It’s just so heartbreakin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter