Push and Pull

32 HOURS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm back from the dead! Sorry for the long wait. Hehe

_______________________________________________________

 

Seunghyun grudgingly dragged his daughter to bed while he shivered lightly because of his wet clothes. He had not expected that washing up a kid would tantamount to playing and trashing with insane amounts of water and just splashing it around. It effectively drained what little energy was left of him after all the stress he’s been experiencing. He must admit he hadn’t thought about bathing Haneul in detail and was now paying the price. He blames this impulsive decision on his irrational anger on Seungri. He will fire that the moment he makes a tiny bit mistake in the office.

 

Back to his current wet condition, he inspects himself from head to toe. Water marks of small hands were all over his shirt and a soaking pair of pants is a sure formula for sickness. His evil descendant took it upon herself to bully him because he hadn’t got a clue as to how she’d begin her bath. She screamed so loud when Seunghyun accidentally turned the shower to full blast and it hit her square on the face.

 

He expected Haneul to calm down a little but apparently, she still has the energy to jump up and down her bed, smiling at her thoroughly soaked dad, as if nothing extraneous has happened. “Will I see you again daddy?”

 

 

Seunghyun contemplated on this as he tried to catch her and force her to sit still. How will he ever set foot on this house again? Let alone stay for the night – and even be allowed to changed his clothes after what he had done to Chaerin?

 

“I don’t know darling, Daddy might get busy, but I’ll still bring you some cookies.”

 

“But, breakfast?” her voice started to crack those big, innocent and watery eyes stared up at him. “I like to eat with you.” She reaches out and pats his cheeks.

 

“We’ll eat together again, I promise.” He runs his fingers through her hair, reaffirming his promise although he had no idea how to make it happen. It might take a few manipulations, but he doesn’t know if Chaerin will bite the trap – she’ll be able to pick it up quickly.

 

“Pinky promise?”

 

“You never give up, do you?” He smirks as he loops his overgrown pinky around his daughter’s tiny one. “I pinky promise.”

“Double pinky promise?!” Haneul raises her other pinky to his father, with all the seriousness and Seunghyun can’t help but laugh.

 

“Okay, I double pinky promise.”

 

Satisfied, Haneul hops down with a thump and crawls underneath the sheets. “Goodnight daddy, sleep tight!” she reaches for his face and caresses him with small gentle hands. His heart leaped out, and he swore he’ll never leave this beautiful girl behind. It’s the first time that he felt really important, that he means the whole world to Haneul.

 

He kisses her forehead with all gentleness he could muster, and he felt so renewed after a long and emotional day.  “Okay darling, and don’t let the big bugs bite!” he heard her giggle tiredly.

 

“You’re funny daddy.” She yawns and peacefully drifted to sleep.

 

As Seunghyun closed the door to his daughter’s room, he moved swiftly towards the main door. He frantically dialed the number of his sales manager and bugged him to make a reservation at a restaurant he passed by some weeks ago when he felt so lost.

 

“Yeah, that one…two blocks from the bridge…yeah yeah I know, do everything you can. Use my name… whatever it takes…yeah…yeah.” he reached the landing and went for the door.

 

"In a hurry to get out?" Chaerin called out to him in a flat tone.

 

Seunghyun spun around and was blanketed by the feel of a rough cloth rubbing his immaculate face. His initial panic of Chaerin's rage was erased as understanding dawned on him. He tried to stand still and resist the urge to grab her by the waist as she dried him with a towel.

 

"You know you should at least be dry enough when you go out. It's chilly tonight, you might catch a cold." Chaerin continued her ministrations with an indifferent tone, patting his cheeks but never looking him i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter