Sharp Turn

32 HOURS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Here we are!” Seunghyun exclaimed happily. He heard Haneul squeal in delight, and he knew that he’d picked out the right restaurant. He never heard a single word from Chaerin but he’s just glad that she came. He’s convinced that he could loosen her up once they’ve entered and had good food.

 

When they went to the entrance, Seunghyun intended Chaerin and Haneul to go first, just so he could see them from afar – and yes, couldn’t resist a big, sheepish smile on his face. Just seeing the mother-daughter tandem, smiling and holding their hands together made him proud. They were a sight to behold. Their matching outfits would be the envy of everyone, and he – he is the proudest man alive. His girls were the most gorgeous pair tonight, and they weren’t even starting yet.

 

The restaurant that he’d chosen was named “Chateau 8.” It’s famous for its scenery and exclusive ambiance, located just outside the city limits. It’s quaint and homey, and kid friendly too, so Haneul won’t get intimidated. Tendrils of plants surround the fences of the resto, but it’s well kept. Orchids, and ornamental plants were landscaped beautifully to provide a relaxing atmosphere for everyone, it feels like you’re dining in your own garden. You won’t see the establishment unless you really stop and take a look. Chateau 8 is one of the city’s well kept secret, and the locals intend to keep it that way.

 

He hasn’t been here before but he’s one of those few who noticed it, during one of his soul searching nights. He was lucky enough to get a reservation immediately, as the place is jam packed on the weekends. He noticed Chaerin’s change of mood as they entered, and Seunghyun became more hopeful.

 

“Mr. and Mrs. Choi! Welcome! Your reservation is at the balcony. I hope you’ll have a lovely time, sir, ma’am, Miss Haneul.” the maître d'hôtel greeted them as they were approaching, giving Haneul a wink which earned a shy giggle from the girl.

 

When they reached their table, everything was set, the wine was waiting for them, the candles placed, the vanilla scent is not overwhelming, and there were white lilies for Chaerin.

 

Wow, some good service they have here. Seunghyun thought.

 

They were seated immediately, the wines were poured – juice for Haneul, and some appetizers. The manager was soon engaged in an animated discussion with Chaerin. She seems to be really comfortable with the place. Seunghyun failed to notice this as he was busy staring at his wife, glowing under the soft light from the inside, and Haneul busily eating chunks of bread all the while smiling at him. Everything was just perfect. Ah, it’s a wonderful night.

 

He was snapped to the present with Chaerin frowning at him.  “Seunghyun, Sora is waiting for your order.”

 

He shakes his head and looks at the waitress smiling genially at him. “The usual order, sir?”

 

Seunghyun stares at the menu hard. The menu is quite extensive for a small restaurant. He’s impressed. “I’d like to have the specialty springrolls, sautéed prawns, grilled steak with mashed potatoes and ice cream truffle.”

 

“So, it’s still the usual sir.” Sora smiled and bowed gracefully. Seunghyun scrunched his eyerbrows. He’s never been here, and it was his first time to order. Did this restaurant rebranded itself? He should have known.

 

“Daddy! I want the ice cream too!” Haneul smiles excitedly.

 

“We could share it Haneul-ah.” He smiles back.

 

“But we never share ice creams! I want one too.”

 

“Oh, daddy forgets.”

 

“Yeah, daddy forgets all the time.” Chaerin shots back.

 

“Chae, don’t put words in my mouth. I was being honest.” He calmly said, he decides that he won’t retaliate harshly – not tonight. He wants to please her. She stared intently and he remained passive, and she looked away, attending on Haneul’s needs. Despite the fierce attitude, Seunghyun still thought she looked stu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter