Mission Possible

32 HOURS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong and Yongbae exchanged looks as they absorbed everything Seunghyun just said. They wanted to thank the saints or any heavenly being for changing his mind.

 

“I can’t divorce her.”

 

“Because…?” Jiyong takes a beer mug and eagerly passes it to his hyung slumped on a corner couch of a bistro. This is good news.

 

“Because… you love her…” Yongbae finishes it for him after Seunghyun didn’t respond, “…right hyung?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“Then why aren’t you divorcing her again?” Jiyong pursed his lips.

 

“Cuz she tolerates me a lot. She saved my from a wine dealer. After these things she’s saying to me, I just can’t leave her hanging. Man, she said I gave her a reason to live again. That…” There was a long pause.

 

“… I’m perfect. Can you believe it, me – Choi Seunghyun. A perfect father and husband.” He scoffs.

 

“Aren’t you over yet with your act?” Yongbae shot him a confused look.

 

“I am not acting okay. For the first time, someone acknowledged me. I felt needed and wanted. And did you know, Haneul made me Prince Charming in her favorite story. She loved hearing my voice.”

 

“Cinderella.” The younger men uttered in unison.

 

“They tell me I’m perfect. It’s as if they’re shoving this big responsibility of me being constantly perfect. I can’t do perfect! I just wanted to have fun, to live my life. I didn’t want any of this but suddenly I was faced with this sticky situation.”

 

“Everything changed when you met her hyung.” Jiyong interrupts in urgency.

 

“It’s too much! I can’t bear to see their disappointed faces when they discover I’m a ing bastard ing women all night. Maybe this is the reason why I was sent here – to discover something I don’t deserve.” The two groans in frustration again. They’re weary of hearing this excuse. Unexpectedly, Jiyong slams the beer mug to the glass table.

 

“But what if all of this isn’t a dream hyung? What if you wake up again tomorrow, the day after tomorrow and the following weeks and months and you still have Haneul and Chaerin? What would you do?”

 

“Then I have to bear everything. Maybe it’s my punishment. Maybe I should avoid Chaerin when we see each other back in my time. ”  

 

“Just give it a try hyung. Maybe, when you wake up tomorrow, you’ll realize and remember you won’t leave them for the right reasons.” Jiyong nods at Yongbae in agreement.

 

“But I can’t even remember…” he quietly adds.

 

“Then spend more time with them so you have something new to remember!” Jiyong smiles widely, hoping his hyung would consider this seriously.

 

 

***

 

 

Taking deep breaths, she slowly walks inside their bedroom as if it was her first time. She took her sweet time walking through the small hallway, nervous of what’s about to happen. The lights were on, emitting a cozy yellow glow around, indicating he was inside. Her sky high heels were making her uneasy but she has to put up with all of it because she needs to get her husband back. And Bom is the woman in charge of pushing her to her limits. As her unnie puts it, she has to be Beyonce!

 

“Unnie!! I don’t need this! Do you seriously believe he’ll buy this act? I mean look at me…” she spins around to take a second look at her overall outfit from the mirror.

“Oh will you just shut up! I always do this with Jiyong. He’ll like this of course! Just look at yourself!” Bom stands behind her, patting her shoulders to give her another reassuring smile.

 

“Tell me… what do you see?”

 

“I see a before me...” Chaerin rolls her eyes and impatiently taps her foot.

 

“No stupid! I see a confident, smart and y woman who’s about to sweep off her husband to his knees. He’ll be begging you in no time.”

 

“I am not stepping out of this house wearing these pantyhose! And seriously unnie, my s are pouring out with this tight corselet! I’ll get the moment I step out! I can’t even breathe.” Chaerin adjusts her costume but to no avail.

 

The older woman just laughs it all, ignoring Chaerin’s complaints waving it all off with one hand. “Oh my Chaerin. How did you seduce Seunghyun at the first place? The cleavage is there for that very reason you idiot! You have to make the first move girl! It’ll turn him on!”

 

Chaerin just blushes, wondering how on earth her unnie could speak so openly. “You think… it’s a good change?”

 

“Of course! Where’s the confident Chaerin that I once knew?” Bom dramatically walks to her younger friend, shaking her shoulders. “OHHH MYY! WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER? WHO ARE YOU?” she wiggles her eyebrows.

Chaerin sighs in resignation. Although Bom likes to jest around, her eyes always displays genuine concern for her.  

 

“I’ve been thinking about what you said unnie. Seeing Seunghyun with another woman… has he grown tired of me?” she looks down to her feet absentmindedly brushing the floor. 

 

“I’m sorry I have to tell you…” Bom sits beside her friend, they became silent for a moment but Bom was the first to speak up again with renewed enthusiasm. “This is why we have to do this! Show Seunghyun you’re not just any ordinary housewife!”

 

Chaerin gasps as she saw Bom emerging from her closet bringing her “props” to get things more exciting. “Choose one!” she smiles wickedly.

 

“What’s that for? I am not doing this. It’s getting over board!”

 

“Chae, this whip could mean you want to take control. You can spank him all you like and he’ll want you more and more.” Bom laughs menacingly earning weird looks from the other woman.

“I’m guessing this is from experience?” Chaerin teases her unnie.

“Yah! This isn’t about me… here’s a . I guess this’ll fit more for you. Rip it off with your y mouth and roll it in his with your teeth.”

“WHUT?! YOU COULD ACTUALLY DO THAT?”

 The redheaded woman shrugged. “You could experiment! Be confident! Be Beyonce!”

 

“Be Beyonce.” She repeats in a whisper as the was inserted in her coat.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter