Winning her Back

32 HOURS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I have no idea if people still read this story of mine, but hey, I'm determined to finish it. AFF has changed a lot since I left!

Double update for all my faithful readers. <3

 

______________________________________________________

 

That night, Chaerin slept on their couch, if tossing and turning around all night would count as sleep. She couldn’t bring herself upstairs because everything was just draining for her and the smell of her husband’s clothes would just worsen the longing inside.

 

 She was bothered by the thought of Seunghyun again and his strange reactions to just about everything. One moment he’s there, and then he’s gone. His promise of fixing their family were the last thoughts on her mind before sleep finally claimed her.

 

But rest was such an elusive activity to Chaerin. Just as she felt she was getting comfortable with her sleep, she felt tiny hands on her face. She groans and forces her eyes to open and the bright morning sun greeted her, along with Haneul’s gleaming eyes, her tiny and bubbly voice already ringing on her ears.

“Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! Wake up! Wake up!”

 

“Isn’t it too early for this Haneul?” She groans again and felt Haneul pull her up. Her daughter can be very stubborn when she wants to, and maybe this was just one of these days that she needs to catch up with her energy.

 

“It’s 10am already Chaerin, wake up.” She hears the voice of Nana but she couldn’t see her from the glare of the sun. She felt someone moving on her sides, arranging things.

 

“Really? It felt only like minutes  and – hmm what’s that smell?” she tries to open her eyes again.

 

“Flowers mommy! Flowers! Daddy flowers!” Haneul finally squealed in delight. “And cookies mommy! Big choco cookies! Yeeeeeeeey!”

 

“Oh God, your high in sugar this early…and flowers?” Chaerin rubs her temples, she feels exhausted she thinks she might faint if she forces herself up.

 

“Here, it’s a card from Seunghyun, better wake up already to prepare for your dinner later.” Nana places a card in front of Chaerin and hands her a cup of tea. “You’ll need that to steady yourself.”

 

Chaerin mumbles a thank you and finally opens her eyes enough to see their receiving area gone, replaced by rows and rows of white lilies and Haneul sniffing each bundle. She was ridiculously surrounded by flowers she thinks she would drown from the sight. It covered their carpet, to the cabinets and counters and even the hallway up to the stairs. Everything’s blanketed in white. How she slept through the commotion of putting these lilies, she did not know.

 

“Wow.” She blinks again.

 

“You like it mommy?” Haneul sits beside her and gives her a lone stem. “Daddy gave me a dress! You too mommy!”

 

“A what – ?” she finally stands up and opens a large box containing a strapless dress peach, its soft cut cascading softly up to her ankles. She wanted to cry at the sight. It’s the first time Seunghyun had done something so sweet in months.

 

“What is he playing at?” She rubs her eyes, not wanting Haneul to see her cry. It’s confusing the hell out of her. She refuses to succumb to this gesture until she talks to him again. Chaerin remembers that this is a show for Haneul. He wanted to be the best dad, he did not mention trying to be the best husband for her. She needs to steel herself for this because when Seunghyun suddenly snaps again, she might hope for nothing – and she’ll be left to clean the damage.

 

“I think he’s trying to win you back Chae.” Nana reappears with an a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter