Just go with the Flow

32 HOURS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mr. Choi, your CT scan results are negative. All other vital organs are normal based from the tests we have conducted.  You’re all right. The only thing that’s wrong with you is your swollen cheek.”

“My wife.” he grumpily replies. The doctor uttered a silent “OH.”

Seunghyun sighs. He was hoping for something, call him crazy but there must be an explanation why he’s here in 2018 when he should be living in 2012! He has gone insane.

“Am I just hearing things from you doc? Am I really living in 2018?”

The doctor gives him a second look. “You should go see a psychiatrist sir.”

 He slowly leaves the hospital still unconvinced with the doctor’s interpretation. Should he get some second opinion? He sure is sane but where is he? Is this bad karma?

He has nowhere to go but his so called home. He doesn’t even know how the people inside that house would treat him once he steps inside. But the magnetic pull he felt for that woman was something he hadn’t felt in his entire existence. He must have been sent here by someone to correct his mistakes in the past.

 He became a family man for crying out loud. He’ll go suicidal at the very thought. He can’t even handle kids and yet he wakes up with a little brat beside him. Gaaaah. He wants to end this time travel soon.

 

 

“Good morning Mr. Choi, good to see you back.” Seunghyun slumped on his desk with a clueless face. He’s a bit glad that he still works for the same company. But he wonders why he still has the same position after six years. Seunghyun was and still is the vice president for Yubin Conglomerates of their Restaurant Chain Division when he was twenty five years old. What happened to the ambitious young man who dreamt of going places and building his own company?

 

“Who are you?” Seunghyun raised his eyebrows at the young man in a suit.

 

The man chuckled, “I’m your secretary sir.” WHAT THE HELL. A male secretary?! What happened to his y secretary Ms. Jung? Working has been a lot easier with a beautiful woman around strutting her in and out of his office.

 

The guy furrowed his eyebrows, “Are you alri---“

 

“Yes, yes. I am.” He’s getting tired of people asking him if he’s alright. “What’s my schedule?”

 

“Sir, you’ll be having a meeting next week with Mr. Lee once he arrives from Japan. We already need to work out that deal with Mr. and Mrs. Kim to make it to our scheduled launching.” Seunghyun has no ing idea what the guy just said but he nods benevolently and ushered him out of his office. He can deal with work next time. He just needs to clear his mind with this entire messy situation.

 

He stares around, looking at his desk and smiled smugly. How cheesy can he get? He actually has a bunch of family pictures with Chaerin and Haneul plus he genuinely looked happy on the photographs. He rubs his temples as he finally decides that he’ll just go with the flow of things. When the day ends, he has no choice but to go home to that house.

 

 

 

 

Silence.

 

 

 

Ever since he came inside the house, no one bothered to greet him except the little devil in the form of his daughter. He carries the kid in his arms and is surprise to see her eyes mirroring his own. She’s like those little angels in paintings from Europe. The little girl has every facial feature from her mommy except for the eyes and nose. It’s from him. There’s a youthful spark and innocence that you can’t resist. Her eyes are keen and marks intelligence. He smiles fondly at his daughter.

 

Damn, I love my genes.

 

 

For a few seconds they just stared blankly at each other. He did not know what to say because her daughter is expectantly looking at her, waiting for something to happen.

 

“Umm, wazzup?” she giggles cutely covering with her stubby hands.

 

“Daddy, you talk funny!” she automatically pinches his nose.

 

“OWWWW!”  I take back everything I said. I knew it, she’s a little devil!!

 

“Haneul, you better go to your bed now. Your dad probably had a long day.” It was Nana. She really has gone old. What can he say? He’s in 2018 anyway. Nana signals him to go to the kitchen, his fake wife must be cooking again. Judging from their last conversation, it’s better to play along than to argue with her. She sure has that powerful slap that you see in drama series. 

 

She’s cleaning the counters as he entered as silently as possible but she has sensed him coming. Cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter