Haneul

32 HOURS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He must be dreaming. Why is this woman shouting at him? Did she know who he is? He’s been gripping her tightly ever since he raised his voice at her that he did not notice that he was squeezing her too tight.

 

“Seunghyun! You’re hurting me! Stop it. Stop it please!” her voice became unstable and she was about to cry. He let go the minute he became aware of everything again. He’s just so confused. God, he doesn’t like women crying. They become so helpless and it makes him look bad.

 

“Daddy!” he turns his attention towards the little figure running down the stairs happily, following her was his Nana and this confused him more. Nana has been his childhood nanny and hadn’t seen her since he moved out of their house. She looks so old now.

 

“Choi Seunghyun!! That’s not how you should treat your wife!”  Nana snaps at him strictly. HE HAS A WIFE? He respects his Nana so much that he did not dare answer back immediately. 

 

“Chaerin, did he hurt you bad?” So that’s her name. Chaerin. He couldn’t believe everything he’s hearing. Chaerin shakes her head, denying it.

 

“Nana, is this all a joke?” he looks at his old nanny in bewilderment. “Are you drunk again, boy?”

 

“Nooo! Nana, I know how to handle my alcohol but that’s out of the question now. Where am I?” he looks at his Nana and his so called wife back and forth.

 

“Baby, are you alright?” Chaerin attempts to step forward but Seunghyun backs away only to step on the toes of her so called daughter. “Ouch, daddy!” he panicked when the little girl cried.

 

“Seunghyun what’s wrong with you?! Be a little careful with her!” Chaerin immediately scopes up her daughter and hushes her small whimpers.

 

“I—I don’t know! How would I know? Are you all here for a prank? Was this because of that bet with Daesung?” And then he remembers all the events last night. Oh yeah, of course they’ve set this up. Those idiots must have been behind all of this, a very desperate attempt to scam on me.

 

He regains his composure, confident of his conclusions, and pats Chaerin on the back. “You nearly got me there woman. And yeah, your kid looks like me but I can assure you, I’m not his father. I need to commend Jiyong for finding a good actress like you.” The woman gasps at his declaration and slaps him hard on the face. Without a word, she turns her heels and marched off towards the second floor.

 

Nana could only shake her head in disbelief. He massages his aching cheek, heck that was spot on. He might have dislocated his jaws. Damn, if this isn’t a prank, this must be a dream. But why didn’t he wake up after that woman’s hard hit?

 

The phone rings but he’s in no mood to answer it. He has enough surprises for a day.  The call was persistent but he ignored it and allowed the voicemail to answer it. ‘Annyeong! This is Choi’s residences. We’re out with Haneul today so please leave a message.’

 

“Chaerin-ah! Good morning! Thought we’d call. We really really miss Haneul already. Ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter