The earth needs rain

32 HOURS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He wakes up at the sight of Chaerin peacefully sleeping beside him. She has a small smile on her serene face. Last night was one of the wildest he’d ever been, or at least that’s what he remembers.

 

Seunghyun did not expect that he has tamed a wild beast in his home. She has so much energy that it drained the life out of him. Remembering what happened last night, his chest felt warm as the images of Haneul and Chaerin flooded his brain. He must admit that he had fun though Haneul was such a little devil.

 

The uncertainties sunk into his consciousness the moment he stares at Chaerin again. They were happy last night but could it last long? He knew for a fact that he can’t sustain a domesticated life and he was just having fun last night. He can’t even stand his own child.

 

He lightly tucks away the stray hair strands from covering Chaerin’s face. He still can’t get over with his wife’s beauty in the early morning.

 

But before he drowns himself with her beauty, he looks away.

 

Seunghyun refuses to stare at his wife longer. He doesn’t want to grow any fond feelings for her in any way. When he wakes up from this dream or gets warped back into 2012, he’ll forget everything that has ever happened. Everything in here is a tempting nightmare.

 

He surely is attracted to this woman beside him, that he can assure. But love? It’s just not in his book.

 

Chaerin lightly opens her eyes and sleepily smiles at him. How can she look so innocent this morning? He gathers her into his arms, allowing himself to succumb to the light and feminine smell of his wife. He’s familiarizing her without having to ask anything. Or else, he might earn a slap again.

 

He likes the peaceful feeling he is experiencing now. Back in 2012, all he does is wake up and rush to his daily appointments, but today, he’s taking things slowly. Funny how he’d never imagine himself this way though.

 

Chaerin opens her eyes fully and stares at her husband. She senses doubt from him. She could feel the confusion. They were happy last night, but what will happen now? He’s been staring absentmindedly to nothing in particular, carelessly making circles on her arms.

 

She wanted to ask so many things but she knows Seunghyun needs time. She understands. She’ll always understand. She learned it from him.

 

 

 

A week after…

 

 

Yongbae nearly choked at Seunghyun’s decision. He slams the beer mug to the table which made the others jump. He cannot believe what he’s saying. He’s so different from the other guy that he knew two weeks ago.

“Do you ever have an idea what you’re talking about?”

Jiyong shakes his head in disbelief. Their friend has been acting strange for several days now but he did not have an idea that I’ll all boil down to this. He understands the stress that his job could give every now and then but this is going out of hand.

“Believe me, divorcing her is the best thing that I’d ever do for her.”

Seunghyun sighs for the nth time tonight. They have gathered in a restobar near his place to unwind and catch up on things. Everything was going smoothly when Seunghyun decided to open his thoughts. He wants to hear his friends’ opinion about what he’s about to do, for he’s uncertain too.

“Hyung, think about it. You’re one hell of a happy family. I mean look at me, I’m still stuck inside clubs every evening looking for someone to marry – but you, you did it man.  You found her.”

“You love her hyung. We witnessed it.” Jiyong backs up Yongbae.

“Yeah we were happy at first, but she’s just too perfect you know. She’s a good wife and a good mom; and they deserve som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter