Horrible Day

If Only You Were Here

Yuri POV

I can’t believe I just heard those words come out of Nichkhun’s mouth. “I love you”. I thought that he only loved me as a sister or as a close friend. But once he said those words I became confused. I think I feel the same way he does for me. But what about Seulong, I love him as well. My cell phone suddenly rang; it was my mom.

Yuri: Hello, mom?

Mom: Yuri, you have to come to hospital now!

Yuri: Mom, what’s wrong?!

Mom: It’s your dad; he had a heart attack.

Yuri: Okay mom, I’m on my way.

Why is everything happening today? I can’t handle this, so much pain. I drove to the hospital with tears in my eyes. My dad, I haven’t seen him in a while because of my busy schedule, and now I suddenly find out that he’s had a heart attack. Why am I being punished? Have I done something wrong? I finally got to the hospital and ran to the front desk to ask where my father was. I got in his room and found my mother sitting next to the bed crying her eyes out. I slowly walk in with my feet trembling. I hate seeing my mother in pain. I saw my father lying on the hospital bed with all sorts of tubes connecting to his body. I’ve never seen my father this weak; he’s always been a strong independent man, seeing him like this breaks my heart. My mother saw me walking in a gestured me to sit next to her.

Mom: Your dad is on comatose right now.

Yuri: Mom, how did this happen?

Mom: We were just outside in the garden having a cup of tea and he said his heart was aching, I went inside to get the phone to call the doctor, when I got back outside he was on the ground unconscious.

She looked terrified and guilty.

Yuri: Mom, it’s not your fault, he’ll be fine, and dad’s a strong man. He can make it through anything.

Mom: Yuri, I don’t know what I’ll do if I lose your father.

I tried to calm her down, while trying to calm my self down.

Nichkhun’s POV

It’s been a week now since I’ve confessed my feelings for Yuri and I still haven’t talked to her yet. I decided to give her a call.

Nichkhun: Hello? Yuri?

Mom: Ohh, no this is her mom, Yuri is just getting something to eat.

Nichkhun: Oh, hello Mrs. Kwon, this is Nichkhun.

Mom: Hello Nichkhun, I haven’t heard from you in a while.

Nichkhun: Yes, how are you? I haven’t spoken to Yuri for a whole week.

Mom: Well, our family is going through a tough time right now, her father just had a heart attack and she hasn’t left the hospital since then.

Nichkhun: Anti, how is Yuri?  I’m on my way there right now.

I drove as fast I could to the hospital. All I wanted to do is comfort Yuri. Once I walked in the hospital I saw Yuri talking to the lady on the front desk she turned around and saw me. She just ran towards me a hugged me. She really needs someone right now. I’m still her best friend and I’ll be here for her no matter what, even if she doesn’t feel the same towards me.

Yuri: Nichkhun, I really need you right now.

Nichkhun: I’ll be here for you no matter what Yuri; I’ll always be here.

She just cried on my shoulder till she finally got a hold of herself and led me towards her father’s room. Mr. Kwon who I’ve known for years was a very strong and healthy man, he was a great father to Yuri and was also like my second dad to me.

Nichkhun: Mrs. Kwon, are you all right? You should rest. Mr. Kwon wouldn’t want to see you like this. You have to be strong and pretty once Mr. Kwon wakes up.

Mom: Oh Nichkhun, you always know the right words to say.

Nichkhun: That’s what I’m here for.

Mrs. Kwon hugged me tightly and whispered.

Mom: Thank you for always being there for Yuri.

Nichkhun: No problem.

I visited them everyday. It seems like Yuri gets weaker as each day passes by with her father unconscious.

It was around 11pm and it looked like Yuri hasn’t slept in days. I sat there next to her on the couch and held her hand for comfort. She slowly fell asleep on my shoulder. Yuri, why can’t you love me the way that I love you?

Yuri’s POV

Nichkhun was holding my hand while sitting on the couch. I felt so comfortable next to him. My eyes felt heavy and I slowly fell into deep sleep.

Yuri’s Dream

Nichkhun: Yuri honey, let’s go, we’ll be late for your doctor’s appointment.

Yuri: Coming!

Suddenly we appeared in the hospital, on the doctor’s table. The doctor had a wide smile on his face.

Doctor: Congratulations mister and misses Hoverjekul, you have a baby girl!

Yuri’s POV

Somebody was shaking me, and then I woke up from my dream. This dream confused me even more. I’m with Seulong but my heart wants to be with Nichkhun. I turned my attention back to why I was awoken. Nichkhun was shaking.

Nichkhun: Yuri, wake up!

Yuri: Why what’s wrong?

Nichkhun: Your dad just woke up, come on!

I got up immediately and went to my dad’s side.

Yuri: Dad how are you?

Dad: I’m feel much better now, you look horrible Yuri, have you had any rest lately?

Yuri: That doesn’t matter dad, how are you? Do you feel any pain? Nichkhun call a nurse and tell tem that he’s woken up. I’ll call mom.

Nichkhun: Okay.

Dad: Nichkhun’s here too? Ahh, he’s such a nice kid. You know I’ve always liked him for you.

Yuri: Dad, aren’t you not even afraid of your situation right now? You just have a heart attack!

Dad: Yuri, now since I know that I’ve grown weak, I want to make sure that you have a man to take care of you incase anything else happens to me.

Yuri: Dad, don’t say such things.

Dad: Yes I know, but it’s true. I won’t live forever my Yuri. I want to make sure that you are taken care of when I’m gone.

Yuri: Okay dad, anything you want.

Dad: And I know just the right person for that job.

Yuri: Ohh really? And who might that be?

Dad: Nichkhun.