Wait.

If Only You Were Here

Yuri's POV

We sat at our seats in the plane. First Class, impressive. A flight attendant was going around the aisle offering passengers beverages. Nichkhun called her over and she poured us red wine. 

Nichkhun raised his glass, "Happy Anniversary." He smile and kissed my lips. 

"Happy Anniversary." I replied breathless, the little things he does still gets to me. It's like he reads my mind and does what imaginations are forming. He continues to surprise me and we've already been together for five years. 

The flight to Jeju is only about one hour long. I decided to give up on asking him on what we're going to do, I'll find out soon anyways. I just rested my head on his shoulder and intertwined our hands together. He played with my fingers. I closed my eyes, but in return he squeezed my hand causing me to open them again. I looked up at him, he had a smile on his face knowing that he interrupted my potential nap. I nudged his shoulder. 

"What?" He asked, still smiling widely. 

"It's either you're really excited or you're face is stuck that way." I said pinching his cheeks. 

"Both." He said smiling even wider. How can someone be this adorable?

"How long do we still have?" I asked impatiently, this is agonizing!

 

"I think about 20 minutes, just relax." He massaged my shoulders playfully tickling my neck occasionally and before I knew it we were there.

"We have now arrived in Jeju Island, enjoy your stay." The flight attendant announced in the intercom.

"Finally." I sighed. We took out our carry on from the compartment and walked out of the airplane hand in hand. We waited for our luggage to come around in the cycle. 

"All this waiting is really annoying me." I whispered into Nichkhun's ear causing him to chuckle. It was as if these big cycle of luggages were moving even slower than usual just to torment me.

"Only a couple more minutes babe." He kissed my lips and everything seemed to be better. 

We finally saw our luggage and grabbed it immediately. Once we stepped out of the airport there was a chauffeur waving a sign with our names on it. He wore a black suit and sunglasses. Nichkhun raised his hand and waved to the man. We walked towards him.

"Hello mister and misses Hoverjekul, this way to your car." He guided us to a black Escalade with tinted windows. 

We sat in the back seat, "Mister and Misses Hoverjekul?" I asked Nichkhun. I like the sound of that. 

"Yeah, doesn't it have a nice ring to it?" He smiled and held my hand close to his heart. I nodded my head agreeing. 

The driver took us to the hotel, it was beautiful. Nichkhun reserved a villa for us. It was in the highest floor and had an amazing view. There was a full kitchen and living room, the bedroom was separated by two glass sliding doors that had a rough texture making the image of the other side blurry.

"Nichkhun, this is beautiful!" I exclaimed hugging him from the back.

 

"I did my best." he said turning around and kissing my forehead, "Go get ready, change into something I packed for you." 

I opened the luggage, it was filled with brightly colored summer dresses, flip-flops, and gladiators. On top of the pile was a white straw beach hat.

I tried on the hat, "Nichkhun, I like this."  I said with a model like expression. 

"Good it suits you." He was walking around with his backpack still on checking out the bathroom and the kitchen, he opened the bedroom door just enough so he could enter and closed it shut again. 

Hmmmm, planing something huh? His surprises are always cute.

 

"I'm going to change in the bathroom ok!" I shouted.

"Kay!" Was all I got in return, must be something big. 

I picked out a simple white laced summer dress with brown gladiators and took it to the bathroom to change. I looked at my reflection on the mirror as I combed my hair, I wonder what we're going to do today. I put the final touch on my lip gloss and walked out of the bathroom. 

"Yah! Nichkhun are you done changing?" I yelled outside in the living. 

"Almost!" He shouted from inside the bedroom. 

"You're a man right? How can you take longer than me to change!" I yelled at him, I heard him chuckle from inside. 

What is he doing in there? I looked around the room, I just realized that there were lots of heart shaped objected. Not enough to make the place look tacky but there were white heart shaped pillows, heart shaped candles, heart shaped plates, heart shaped rugs. Why didn't I notice this earlier? Probably because they're all white and I was too busy looking at the view out of the window. 

A room filled with hearts! Oh my gosh what can this mean? Is what he's doing in there what I think it is?! Ahhhh! Oh my gosh...  And before I knew it I was panicking, my palms were sweating and I was pacing back and forth.

"Hey. Hey are you ok?" Nichkhun was peaking out of the door. 

"Yeah. I'm fine. What's taking you so long?" I asked again. This guy is torturing me!

"Uhhhh, nothing." He said and quickly shut the door again. What is he doing in there. I decided to peek through the doors of the room. 

"Yah! What are you doing?" I yelled at him, he had his hands on his pants, he was fussing with the zipper.

"My zipper's stuck." He said with his face bright red. He was wearing a plain white v-neck shirt, jeans, with a straw hat and a pair of converse. I couldn't help but laugh. And I was here thinking that he was planning something in here. GOSH I need to relax. 

I walked over to him and tried helping him with his zipper. I could sense him stiffen which made me giggle again. 

"Why are you so red?" I teased, I love teasing him.

He avoided eye contact, "Nothing, it's just hot in here." 

"Ohh." I said pretending to buy that excuse. I felt something hard. NO not like that. It was something in his pocket, it was a small box. 

"What's that?" I couldn't help myself ask the question.

"Uhh, nothing just my wallet and keys and stuff." He was getting very nervous now. OH MY GOD, is that the ring box? Is he really going to propose to me! I started panicking again, I tried harder to zip up the zipper. I'm getting too excited. I need to calm down. I breathed in and exhaled all my nervousness. RELAX. 

I finally zipped it, thank god. 

"All set! Let's go!" I dragged him out the room and into the living room.

"Where to?" I asked.

"Hmmm, to the beach." He said with a huge smile. 

Our hotel was connected to the beach so all we needed to do was walk out, it was beautiful. White sand, clear blue water. 

There were three little  kids playing around in the sand making sand castles. I looked around and saw their parents not to far off, they were sitting on beach chairs watching over their children. They looked young only about a couple years older than Nichkhun and I probably. 

We walked by the water having the waves splash on our feet, we held hands and enjoyed the scenery with comfortable silence. I heard the father of the children call them over to get something to drink. All three of them rushed over to their parents, they were an adorable family.

Unknowingly I sighed.

I felt Nichkhun squeeze my hand a little. I think he noticed me staring at them. 

"Hmm?" I looked up at him.

"Are you being nosey again?" He asked playfully.

"Yeah." I often stare at people, and he always catches me doing that. It's not that I'm being nosey I was just admiring their family. I would like to have one like that one day. Live a peaceful life with a loving husband and children. I think that's every girl's dream. 

He just puts his arm around my waist and pulls me in closer to him, "Don't worry babe, you have me." He whispered into my ear. 

He gives me goosebumps, in a good way, in a very cute, adorable, romantic, yet seductive way. He has that sort of power. 

Suddenly he stops walking and let's go of my waist. He kneels down on the sand. 

OH MY GOSH. Is he finally going to do it? Is he going to do what I think he's going to do!!? I didn't dare look done to face him, I felt paralyzed, I couldn't move. Is he actually going to propose???

A/N: Hello readers! Sorry for the long wait, I thought I was going to be able to update more often since I had two weeks off, but I was wrong lol. I was actually doing more reading than writing stories. But I hope you like this chapter! I typed it up on my iPad so I don't really know how many pages, it takes about three finger swipes to go all the way down the chapter LOL. It is 12:20am right now, and I have school again tomorrow. I shall sleep. COMMENT. SUBSCRIBE. CRITICIZE.