Something Feels Different.

If Only You Were Here

Yuri’s POV

Nichkhun: Yuri?

He waved his hand in front of my face and I returned to reality.

Yuri: Oh, yeah. Hi!

Nichkhun: Hahaha, hello. What are you doing standing out here?

Yuri: Oh, sorry, daydreaming hahaha.

He took my hand and we went inside the room.

Nichkhun: The doctor said that your dad could be released tomorrow.

Yuri: That’s great! Dad, mom’s on the way, it was traffic and she came from the company because of some emergency.

Dad: Oh, all right. Now you kids go get some rest. The doctor said that you’ve been here for two weeks! Go home, go out, have some fun! I’m fine already!

Yuri: No, dad it’s okay. We can stay here for one more day.

Dad: No, you guys go. And that’s an order!

Nichkhun: Yes Sir!

I looked at Nichkhun with wide eyes questioning his answer.

Nichkhun: Yuri, your dad’s right, you’ve been here way to long, you need to rest and have fun.

Dad: See Yuri, listen to Nichkhun, go get some ice cream or something. Celebrate that I am fine now!

Yuri: Hahaha, okay dad.

Dad: That’s my girl, now go with Nichkhun.

He winked at me, which made me laugh because he loves the fact that he’s getting what he wants. I kissed his cheek and waved goodbye and went out the room with Nichkhun.

Nichkhun: So where do you want to go? Your dad said to have fun and that’s an order.

He took my hand, which caught me off guard and made me blush.

Nichkhun: WOAH, Yuri! Why are you so red?

Yuri: Hahaha, umm, nothing! Let’s go to my house first, I need to take a shower and change.

Nichkhun: Yeah, you kinda look horrible.

I dropped my jaw and punched his arm jokingly.

Nichkhun: Kidding!

I looked at my reflection at one of the windows and I was shocked.

Yuri: Oh my gosh! I DO look horrible!

Nichkhun: Maybe in someone else’s eyes but in mine you always look beautiful.

Aww, Nichkhun that’s so sweet. Hmph, stop that, I’m still with Seulong!

Yuri: Shut up.

He just put his hand around my waist as I put my hood on and hid my face in his chest trying to cover my face. Being in his arms now feels different. It feels good.

Nichkhun’s POV

I could stay like this forever. With Yuri in my arms like this is just something that I’ve always wanted. I hope it’s not too late for me to win your heart Yuri. Hmph.

We got to her house and I waited for her to change and get ready to go out for lunch. I sat there in the living room flipping through the channels when she came out wearing shorts and an over sized t-shirt. I can still notice the bags under her eyes.

Nichkhun: Do you want to rest first? Your eye bags are huge!

Yuri: YAH! You tell me to get ready to go out to eat lunch now you’re backing out?

Nichkhun: Hahahaha, no, it’s just you look really sleepy.

Yuri: I’m fine, see?

She smiled and jumped up and down to show that she was full of energy. Aishh, Yuri, you’re too cute.

Nichkhun: Okay, if you say so.

She grabbed my hand and we headed out the door and into my car.

Nichkhun: So, what are your taste buds asking for my lady?

Yuri: Umm, Thai food!

Nichkhun: Oww, I know just that place.

I took her to a restaurant called Bangkok Garden; I go here quite often actually, since I am half Thai.

Yuri: WOAH, their decorations are so nice and legit looking.

Nichkhun: Yeah, I go here so much that the manager here knows my usual order hahaha.

Waiter: Hello Mr. Horvejkul, I assume you’ll have your usual?

Nichkhun: Yes, and have you chosen what to eat yet Yuri?

Yuri: Umm, I’ll just get what you’re getting since it’s so good that you get it every time you go here.

Waiter: Okay, your orders will be right up.

Yuri: Thank you.

The waiter walked away and we mingled till our food came.

Yuri: WOAH, your usual is my favorite!

Nichkhun: Really?

Yuri: Yeah, I love Pad Thai!

We ate our food and I paid the bill. The ride home was quiet since Yuri fell asleep, slightly opened and her head leaning back. She’s so adorable.

Once we got to her house I carried her bridal style to the door. I forgot I don’t have her keys. I looked at Yuri and was surprised to find her awake.

Nichkhun: Yah! You were awake the whole time?

Yuri: No, I just woke up, now let me down so I can open the door.

I put her back on her feet and let her open the door.

Yuri: So you want to stay around? We can watch a movie like old times!

Nichkhun: Are you sure? You’re not tired yet?

Yuri: Yeah, since I took a nap I’m wide-awake now!

Nichkhun: Okay, let’s watch a scary movie!

Yuri: Umm, a scary movie? Oppa, you know I’m not good with scary movies.

Nichkhun: No worries I’m here to protect you Yuri-ah.

Yuri’s POV

Nichkhun gave me a wink. Aish, your winks are so cute! Stop that! I punched him jokingly on his arm.

Yuri: Yah, don’t play cute with me.

Nichkhun: Hahaha, you know you like it.

More than you can image Khunnie.

Yuri: Haha, yeah right.

I said sarcastically. He put in The Grudge and we sat down on the couch wrapped in a single blanket.

This is just like old times, but something feels different. Nichkhun’s always had been here by my side when I need him the most. I’m lucky to have someone like you Khunnie. You were here when I was weak and helpless. You protected me from any physical and emotional pain. Your shoulders were the one I leaned on when my tears wouldn’t stop flowing from my eyes. When I come to think of it, Seulong and I barely know each other. Comparing the things Nichkhun has done for me and what Seulong has done is nothing.

I was brought back to reality when Nichkhun slightly jumped back when the girl appeared in the scream. Hahaha, Nichkhun, you’ve seen this movie a million times and you still get scared?

Nichkhun: YAH! Are you even paying attention?

Yuri: Ohh, yeah. I was just thinking about something.

Nichkhun: Well, enough thinking and pay attention to the movie!

Yuri: Yes sir!

Another scary scene played and it caused me to hide my face behind a pillow.

Nichkhun: Hahaha, Yuri-ah you’re too cute.

We continued to watch the movie, flinching every time something scary comes up. When the movie was finally over I just realized that I was holding Nichkhun’s hand the whole time. I looked at it for a bit confused because it didn’t want to let it go, it felt good like this. Holding his hand was comforting. 

 

AN: Sorry for the late update guys, I had to work on my art portfolio. I hope you like this new chapter. Tell me what you think about it. COMMENT? SUBSCRIBE?