Chapter 2

Daydream

 

ZELO’s POV

 

The wedding bells were about to chime as my family and other familiar faces ran around months ahead of “the big day” to prepare everything. I, for a change, tried to escape from getting duties thrown at me by my loud-mouthed sister. I would love to help, no doubt... but there were just other things that I’d like to do more. The escape itself was like one big adventure in which I would take on different characters. I had been a cool soldier in a dangerous war, and I had been a Rambo in the midst of a jungle.

 

     Today, a president-like voice began in my head. Today, I’m a free bird. And I will flyyyy in the wind as my feathers will reflect the sunbeams, I thought to myself as I placed my fist in front of my heart like I was going to sing the National Anthem, whereupon I would pan my hand along with the horizon to demonstrate and emphasize my free flight.

 

      In that exact moment, I heard a distant little tweet as a response to my daydreaming. I couldn’t see anything or anyone. All I could hear was weird bird-like chirps and rumbling. Everything went silent. No wind was sweeping through the branches of the trees. Not a voice could be heard. My brain was already rewriting a horror movie in my head and made it fit perfectly into my situation. I felt like a little girl; just standing there with huge eyes staring at every object in my range of vision.

 

     Something suddenly moved only metres away from me. My body reacted to the sudden movement and made my heart pump like it was trying to save me from a death by drowning. The moving thing was the one and only Daehyun who literally flew out like a ninja from a dustbin while singing in a note higher than DBSK’s Changmin. I let out a deep sigh of relief while placing my hand on my chest. He might not be the smartest person alive, but... no, that’s just it. No buts, I thought as he proved me right by stumble over the cover from the dustbin and fell. He played it cool and yelled with his face to the ground: “PLANKING TIME!” while stretching his arms out in front of his head. He slowly looked up at me to see if I noticed it was an accident, but instead he saw me facepalming my forehead like a starfish. 

 

    He quickly sat up: “You’re always facepalming at me! Why are you always facepalming at me??” His voice was childish and displeased. “Waaaae??” he pouted. Before I had the time to even think of what to answer, I heard my sister’s voice yelling my name from the house. I flew to Daehyun and tried to get him on his feet by grabbing his arm and pull while I was running. Dumbfounded, Daehyun still sat on the ground not knowing what to do. “Run man! RUUUN!” I yelled. He jumped on his feet like a ninja: “Run! I got it! MBLAQ style!"

 

     Just as I thought we had escaped all of the hard work my sister would’ve put us on to, I heard my mother’s sweet humming. She had heard us because of Daehyun singing that MBLAQ song – as he would always do whenever we were on a flight.

 

     “Jun Hong~” my mother almost sang with her soothing and honey sweet voice. “Could you please help your sister out? She’s so stressed out lately, you know.” She blinked a couple of times with her big eyes which glistened with eternal joy.

 

     Daehyun gave her his brightest grin and nodded so much that I thought his head could fall off any time. He loved my mother, and when she spoke with that voice he would do anything for her – and so would I. Both of us went back into the cave of my sister’s, right into the arms of death – Daehyun happily jumping from my mother’s orders and myself mooching behind him. The free bird was no longer free. Rambo didn’t last long either. And the soldier? Shot down... by a girl. Whether I liked it or not, my sister was going to marry some old guy, and I would be her servant until then. It’s not even fair, I pouted for myself.

 

---------

 

Downstairs I could hear my sister’s yelling, demanding and ordering people around. I slightly opened the door from inside my parent’s bedroom, popped my head out and peaked outside. I could only see a little part of the downstairs floor. It was like an American movie with the evil sister in the centre of everything, pointing in different directions as she would give out orders. It was her big day. The day she would get married away. The day where she would no longer stay at our house like a lingering ghost, watching my every move. I popped my head inside and placed myself in front of my mum’s dresser once again.

 

     I stared in the mirror for a long time to make sure every detail remained printed on my memory: little I in an adult-like black suit with a tie and everything. Today I’m a sleek gentleman from a very reputable family with engaging manners. I twitched the collar of my shirt and ruffled my bright blond curls. My feet began sliding across the floor as my whole body would forget about the presence and start living its own life. It moved as if waves went through every single limb of my body. It was perpetually.

 

     As I lost myself to my bedroom dancing body, Daehyun struggled to get his through the window and the windowpane. As I spun around, he clasped his hands on my cheeks and stopped my dancing abruptly. He looked at me in amaze.

 

     “Ya! You look like James Bond or something, so cool!” He padded his hands all over my body to see whether it was real or not that I stood there in front of him in a suit. “I’m sorry to say this, but your sister looks reaaally good today! You know... with makeup on,” he burst into a sudden, cute laughter to underline the sarcasm.

 

     “No time for jokes, hyung!” I pouted. “Do you know how many years that wedding is going to take? I’m going to sit in that big room of girly stuff for ages! I’m going to grow a beard, man!!” He opened his eyes up wide in disbelief. “Dude, I’m only joking. I will be back fast. You know where to wait for me! I will sneak my way out of that place unnoticed!” I said with a dramatic voice and jumped backwards, transforming my hands into a gun. Daehyun did the exact same thing and we both sang the theme song from James Bond – him, of course, in a more beautiful way than me.

 

      “Anyway, I’ll wait for you in our secret hut!” he lastly responded before squeezing his out of the window and left me alone once again.

 

 

The wedding ceremony was as I had expected: full of people I should probably know who were, but I really didn’t recognize any of them. Actually, I wasn’t even sure who my sister was going to marry. Through her entire life she had blabbered about so many guys that I couldn’t keep count on them. Seen from the outside, I was very polite and present, bowing deeply to all of the fine people who came to greet the family. But inside my head, the chase after my sister’s upcoming husband had started. My eyes flickered around the room, studying every single man. My radar had caught a tall, young man. I automatically wrenched my face. Using more hair products than my sister? Naah, she wouldn’t choose someone like that. My eyes kept searching and stopped again at an older man. Either he’s puffy, or his clothes is the wrong size. That can’t be him either. I was about to mingle a bit just to study other men, but my mother took a light hold on my sleeve and smoothly dragged me into the big room, where the ceremony was to take place.

 

     The place was almost like my sister’s room, except there wasn’t a priest back there. Fine dresses, black suits and glittery jewellery were to see everywhere I looked.  When the ceremony finally began, I got to see who the groom was – and it actually wasn’t that bad of a voice! He looked quite young and full of life... which wasn’t that suitable for my sister. I felt kind of bad for the guy, but he would get used to her high pitched voice someday.
     I took advantage of the big moment when my sister showed up in the back of the room; I had to find an easy way to get out once the whole marriage ceremony was over. As soon as the priest started talking, my mind wandered off to a whole other world of fantasy.

 

      Time went by so slow, and I even entertained myself throughout the whole thing – because I’m that funny. My curls might have turned it to straight hair from all the pulling I caused them, but they were great amusement! My bum slid around in my seat as I started to feel more and more bored and uncomfortable in my layer-on-layer outfit. But right when the two people had shared their ‘yes’ with one another and everyone were happy, I dodged around the crowd of people and dashed dramatically out of the backdoor, imaging myself with one of those invisible coats from Harry Potter.

 

 

 

Annyeong chingus~ :3
I hope I didn’t disappoint anyone with this chapter. Ayo is quite hard to follow, hahah. Sorry for being so slow on updating, too >__> I hope you still like the story! This chapter was mostly made to give an idea of Zelo’s personality and way of thinking.
Sorry for making Daehyun-ah look so stupid, but it’s just to give him a fun and quirky personality :3
Please look forward to another cool chapter from Ayo! :D