Chapter 20

Daydream

 

Daehyun’s P.O.V.

 

So… We’d been walking around for ages, strolling around happily with my arm locked around his. I glanced up at him to register his reactions. Ok. Now... girly! Cute voice – ON!

     “Hyu-ung~” I pleaded while slightly pulling his arm.

     His face turned a bit stiff and nervous. “Y-y.. Y-“ he cleared his throat and squeaked out, “yeah?” whereupon he cleared his throat once again – to seem more masculine, I guess.

     I fought back the hysterical laughter that had invaded my body and waited to come out with the most inappropriate timing. Success! Time to find his weak point, go go! I continued with a cute, little voice and pouting mouth.

     “I’m bored...”

     I didn’t even get to complain more before he snapped his head and looked at me. His eyes were big. Sooo biiig. As big as teacups. The hiding laughter suddenly wanted to blurt out, but I desperately tried to stop it. This resulted in me almost spitting him in the face and half snorting. He eventually stopped for a short time, and I kind of felt... sorry for him.

     I found myself desperately trying to make everything good again by jumping up and down with a goofy look on my face. I sensed a little smile, but his eyes still looked confused. For some reason, I started panicking a little. I can’t ruin- nono. No. He’s so cute, he’s-

     “by... You have to guess it, come on!” I bit my lower lip anxiously and hoped for the best.

     The confusion left his eyes and a wrymouthed smile showed on his face. Why did you even do that? You were supposed to , not... Aish, just stick to the plan, Daehyun-ah!  .... Note to myself: Don’t. Ever. Do that again!
     “Uhmm...” he began while scratching the back of his head. “Maybe...“
     I watched his eyes flicker around followed by a dozen of uhm’s, his mouth opening and closing a couple of time. Back on track! I took a step towards him, and yet another one until I almost stood with my chest against his. Waiting... waaaiting... Why isn’t he- Gaah. Oh hey! When did these lips get so pink?
     My mouthed opened as I made a derp face. Fixated on his mouth, I raised my hand to touch his lips. I mimed an ‘o’ for every time I got to touch them.

     Something suddenly caught my attention. What was... Was that a... a heart flying around? I pinched my eyes together with a concentrated look on my face.

     “A... A HEART!” I yelled up in Himchan’s face and pointed to it. I never really noticed how he had reacted before, and neither did I now as I grabbed his wrist and dragged him; My eyes were only focused on the heart. I. Have. To. Get it!

     As we got closer, a manly voice was heard. After fighting our way through the mass of people walking in the opposite direction of us, we finally got to a little stall.

     “The first one to hit this tin with this,” he showed a little plastic bullet, “will get not only this heartshaped balloon, but also...” He turned his back to the people surrounding the stall, bowed down and then slowly turned around holding up the grand prize. “This, ladies and gentlemen, could be yours!”

     “Hyung, I really want that tedd-“ I turned to look at my side but saw no Himchan. I spun around myself but still couldn’t see him. I’m sure I dragged him all the way, I’m SURE, I... My heart dropped and my shoulders sank. Maybe he has run off? Maybe it was all a joke? Was it my fault because I was teasing him? Maybe I’m not pretty enough? My legs bent and I let my bum fall dramatically to the ground. I curled up, not noticing all the people staring at me. After all, I sat right in the middle of the crowd.

     “YA! Little brat, give it to me!”

     My face was buried in my knees, but my ears responded to the voice yelling in the front.

     “NO! It’s MINE!” A little voice yelled back. The struggle ended with the first voice promising: “I’ll buy you a lollipop, ok?! Now get off me! Aish, kids.”

     My ears closed. Scenarios were flying around in my head. Question marks everywhere. Why? What did I do? I felt something in my body. Something turning. Some sort of pain, but not physically.

      I could feel something soft pushing against my ribs from the side. I slowly lifted my head upwards, and my eyes met the well-known eyes. These dark brown, shiny eyes. He was squatting down next to me.

     “I thought you had gone home?”

     He smiled childishly at me as he held up the item he had poked me with. My eyes widened when I realised who had been fighting over the plastic bullet. In his hands he had the teddybear, the grand prize

     “Aww, Himchannie!” I reached out for it and studied every single fake hair on the fluffy toy, twisting and turning it again and again. Himchan hid his one hand on his back, trying to hide the balloon from me as another surprise. I just played along and pretended that I couldn’t see it hovering above his head.

     “Wae?”

     Instead of answering my question, he stood up, reached down at me with his free hand, and helped me get on my feet. He slightly squeezed my hand before he took out the hand he had hidden on the back. He carefully tied the line from the balloon around my finger.

     “Now, let’s get something to eat. There’s a snack bar a bit down.”

     He guided my arm and wrapped it around his, our arms intertwined again. Wah, so cute~ I didn’t know he could be such a gentleman!

     I had a firm grip around the hand of the teddybear as we walked to the snack bar.

 

 

 

It was getting really late; the dark night surrounding us as the stars lit up; the cold breeze creeping under our shirts.

     We sat on a bench for a long time without talking, but it never felt awkward. The dark made me tired, and I started to doze off... But then Himchan started babbling.

     “What is your favourite flower?”

     It came out of the blue, and I was too tired to answer him properly.

     “Tulips? Roses? Lilies? Any...?” As I didn’t answer, he asked again, “roses! You like roses, right?”

     No, I don’t like tulips. No, I don’t like roses that much either. Lilies are beautiful, but... My thoughts disappeared as my head became more and more heavy. Himchan’s sudden babbling sounded like deep, mumbling sounds from afar, but then they stopped.

 

     “Daehyun-ah... Daehyun-ah~ Are you awake yet?”

     I slowly noticed the warmth that caressed my cheek and the warmth that made my hands feel comfortable. When I opened my eyes to look up at him, I found out that it was his hands that kept me warm; his arm wrapped around my upper body, my head resting on his shoulder.

     “Hyung, I’m tired~” I suddenly blurted out with a sleepy, groggy voice and tried to hold back a yawn by pouting. “I’m too tired, take me home.” I put on my best (sleepy) aegyo face making puppy eyes and mumbling the “bbuing bbuing”.

     Without further do, he got on his feet, secured the tread around my finger once again, sat the teddybear on the bench whereupon he carefully grabbed my wrist and lifted me up on his back. He then grabbed the teddybear, reached it backwards and tried to squeeze it down between us to secure it as well.

      I slowly woke up as we walked. Ya, Daehyun! You haven’t done a very good job yet, you know. You have to do something! I struggled to lean over the teddybear, but I finally succeeded and kissed Himchan’s neck with great joy.

 

 

I had finally fought my way up the stairs to my bed. The sound of Himchan’s nervous giggle played in my head over and over again. Aigoo, so cute! Gaah, I wonder when I’ll see him again? Probably soon. He’s so stalking me anyway.

     The giggle was interrupted by my phone screaming for it to be answered, RingDingDong filling the room – because I have that much humour.

     “Dae-“

     “YA! Why are you so slow? I’m dying here, man!” – The one and only Jun Hong calling in this hour.

     “Junhong-ah. Why are you calling this late?”

     “I said that I’m dying! My sister is such a douche bag. She got me grounded! I was just visiting Bang Yong Guk when suddenly: ‘Oh hey! Nice to see you, sis’ – my sister comes in. Can you believe it? Her husband is a friend of Yong Gukkie, she’s my sister, and Yong Guk and I,” he paused for a long time, “know each other... yeah.”

     “So what are you going to do?” I’m pretty sure I had only heard half of what he had just said, the tiredness taking over.

     “I don’t know yet... Maybe I should sneak out?”

 

 

Random ending is random, yay! Sorry for not uploading this afternoon. My internet decided to go for a walk and came back right before I had to go to dance class.
This chapter was extremely difficult to make, gaah D:
But hey! The next chapter will be uploaded by Ayo tomorrow, actually! :D It’s going to be a short one, but it’s better than nothing, yeah?
,- Donotfear