Chapter 24

Daydream

 

Daehyun’s P.O.V.

 

The sun had set upon the sky hours ago and brightened the whole room to its fullest. The street seemed empty and lifeless at this hour, so no sound of hysterically honking cars had woke me up. Even though it was in the early afternoon, I was still lying around in my pyjamas - this of course because of the late night-gaming.

     My ringtone snuck its way around every wall like the wind and attacked my sleeping eardrums and my poor, sleeping head. Fortunately, I didn’t wake up right away... Seconds later, the same noise appeared in the distant again. I started sensing the sound and bumbled around in my bed.

     “Riiing diiing doooong!” a shrill voice sang. Yes, the ringtone was still “RingDingDong” – trot version, of course.

     It stopped again.

     The third time I grabbed one of the pillows beside me and threw it in the direction of the sound, but it didn’t stop. I took another one and pulled it down over my face and ears to exclude the high-pitched sound.

     “Aaaaish! STOP IT!”

     And so the sound stopped. I slowly pulled the pillow away from my face; scared that the sound might find out and start again. No sound was there to be heard. I took a hold of my shirt and pulled my upper body up, so I now sat in an awkward position. My upper and bottom eyelashes were almost grown together from matter in the eyes, and my hair sat as far from perfect as even possible.

     I had finally fought my way to the kitchen and was now filling the tea kettle with water when I heard that ringtone for the fourth time. Seriously? Seriously?! I threw the kettle on the gas range and searched for the phone. I looked at it for a long time as it blinked the name of the caller.

     4 missed calls.

     “Himchan... Are you seriously that desperate?” I laughed so hard all alone in the living room. “I bet he’s going to call me again in a fe-“

     The phone rang again, and I answered it.

     “Do you really like me this much?” My voice was jolly and playful. The only thing I could hear at the other end of the line was scratchy sounds as if he considered hanging up again.

     “Uhm...” He went silent again. I waited patiently. “Well, uhm... I just think I... Maybe... So I want to, you know...”

     I couldn’t help but giggle like a little girl. He was so cute when he was nervous!

     He cleared his throat. “I was wondering if you wanted to uhm... Chat. Yes, chat. Like... Over dinner... Something like that?”

     “You were that desperate to talk to me? I mean... 5 calls, man. I guess I have to accept then, right? Let’s say the bridge at 7pm again, yeah?”

     “Sure, yeah, of course, the bridge... Yeah, sure!”

     “I will see you then, Himchan. The bridge at 7pm!”

     I hung up before he could stutter his way through another sentence. Another date with Himchan... Really? I guess he really does like guys! A huge grin spread across my face. My plan is working juuust fine!

     Right when I was on my way back to the kitchen, the phone rang again. For the sixth time! I quickly picked it up.

     “Yes, I would like to go on a date with you again!” For a long time, the silence lingered between me and the one who had called me. I jumped as the voice in the other end of the phone suddenly broke the silence.

     “YOU’RE GOING ON A DATE? My little Daehyunnie! Did you hear that, Kyung-Soon? Our little Daehyunnie is going on a date!” A manly voice mumbled something excitingly in the background.

     “... G-g... Granny?” I facepalmed myself. Oh god. You should’ve checked the phone.

     “So who is she? Is she cute? Little? Does she like that recipe on fried rice I gave you?”

     “Grandma, I-“ You wouldn’t believe what perfect interruption just occurred in that exact moment.

     “What is that? Is that the fire alarm, Daehyun?! Kyung-Soon, call the emergency!”

     “NO! It’s just the tea kettle! I gotta go now. Tell Grandpa I said hi. See you!” I sighed in relief. Aigoo, that woman... I ran a lazy hand through my messy bed hair and poured the tea. So what would Himchan like me to wear this time?... And why did my grandma even call me?

 

---

 

I wasn’t surprised to see him standing on the bridge already, waiting for me. I checked my watch. I’m right on time! I watched him from a distance for a while.

     His figure caught my attention; his white t-shirt with a black pattern on it, his star-studded black jacket and the usual black jeans. Gaah, we even look a bit alike today! – The only difference was the golden print on my trousers and the blazer-like jacket of mine.

     I tiptoed up behind him and slided a hand up from his loin, up his spine and placed it on his shoulder. He jumped and looked confused at me, but smiled cutely and nervously afterwards.

     “I have found the perfect place!” He grabbed my wrist and walked off with me. I followed him without any protests and enjoyed seeing him so excited and yet so nervous at the same time.

 

He held the door for me and followed me closely. I had expected something more... casual. The restaurant was huge: glass walls creating little rooms; blank surfaces on all the furniture. As if that wasn’t enough, roses were placed on our table in a plain, white vase.

     I sat down awkwardly, Himchan sitting in front of me with a big smile of hope on his face. I tried to smile back convincingly even though I didn’t really like this place. I never really liked square, modern furniture, and I didn’t like roses either. Sure, they looked pretty, but they were just so cliché.

     The food was good though, and I did my very best to look like I enjoyed every single thing he had planned. He’s only trying to give you the best, you know, the other voice in my head stated. I know that! Stop talking to me! I don’t want him to think that I’m a loony.

     Luckily, Himchan got up from the chair and made the voice in my head shut up.

     “I want to take you someplace else.” His voice was for once very calm. He slowly pulled the chair away like a gentleman would do to his lady and led me away from the table and up the stairway.

     A chilly wind brushed my bare face as I stepped out of the door and out on some kind of terrace. Himchan walked to the edge and leaned himself up against the fence. When I looked up, I could see the dark, dark sky with little stars on it. I walked over to stand beside him, right when a shooting star fell.

     “So... This is where you bring all your guys?” I pulled a smirk, hoping he would say yes and admit his orientation.

     He gave me a puzzled look. “N-n-no! No! All the girls!”

     The respond hit me right in the face. My eyes widened.

     “… Girls? All the girls?”

     “Well… Yeah.” He suddenly seemed a bit nervous again. And I? Well I just realised that not only did he like girls, but it was indeed the plural of the word ‘girl’. No wonder. He’s beautiful as hell. Of course he has brought a lot of girls up here.

     I made a low growl sound. Low enough for him not to notice it. I was somehow... disappointed, you know. We stood for an eternity against the fence when I decided to kick an invisible stone away.

     “So, are we going home now?”

     I shouldn’t have said it that way. His face turned even sadder and darker when I did. But honestly, I just felt like going home as fast as possible. The atmosphere wasn’t good anyway, and I knew that it was mainly my own fault – if not completely.

     “Sure.” He slogged towards the door again without waiting for me.

     We went down the roads; the neon coloured street lights making everything look different. The mood was still not good, and it was probably not to save in any way. Himchan slogged his way with the hands in his pockets whereas I studied every sign we went pass.

     Café, something that looks like a hairdresser (wait are they still open at this time?), bar, bar, closed mall, square-dance, re- wait what?! I stopped abruptly causing Himchan to walk straight into me. Squ-squ... square-dance? I turned around and clasped Himchans face between my hands.

     “Himchannie! Can we please try the square-dance, huh? Please~?”

     Himchan looked confused and puzzled, opened and closed his mouth a couple of times without saying anything.

     “Pretty pleeease??” I placed my face inches away from his and made the biggest puppy eyes while pouting. There was no way he could resist me – and I was right!

 

 

Trolling you guys with a Daehyun-chapter hahah :D No worries! You’ll get more BangZelo in a few days! 
Other than that, I can tell you guys that we are currently working on another collaboration yay! 
It's going down in December!
And happy birthday to our dear Jun Hong-ah! IT's officially his birthday now (in Denmark, that is) :D

,- Donotfear