Chapter 3

Daydream

 

Bang Yong Guk's P.O.V.  



   “Ya.. Yaaaa, you have to go now,” I said with my eyes closed, Nevertheless I felt her presence in the bed. I started padding the empty space between us with my left hand. “Nooow..”
     “Nooo,” she complained and rolled over. She swung her arm over my chest and let me know about her sudden urge to snuggle by curling up beside me while making annoying, ‘cute’ sounds.

     I tried to ignore it but couldn’t stop getting a little pissed off. “Go home,” I said and pushed her off me. She whined a little and sat up. I felt her looking at me, and her long hair tickling my bare shoulder. It wasn’t one of the sweet ticklish feelings but the painful one that needed to be scratched right away.

     “Oppa,” she said, the word by aegyo. “I don’t wanna leave.”

     “You have to,” I mumbled, half asleep.

     “Why?” She began running her fingers through my hair, but I quickly grabbed onto her wrist making her gasp and stop.

    I opened my eyes to look at her, still holding on to her. “Because I say so.” I made sure she got the message before I let go and rolled over, turning my back to her. “You irritate me,” I added and I imagined her offended facial expression as she got of the bed and started to put on her clothes. I didn’t care to watch when she picked up her things and went for the door.

     “Bastard!” She yelled and slammed the door. The apartment then went silent.

     I sighed in relief. “Aaah, silence, my dear friend. I missed you.”

 

I must’ve slept for a while: the light was completely different when I just slightly opened my eyes again. Afternoon? I didn’t know. I closed my eyes again and let out a big yawn, and then turned in the sheets. I settled in the new position, resting on my left side. I let all sounds get quite again, only listening to the quiet noise of traffic outside, the eternal hum from the fridge in the kitchen, my own slow breathing and the other one beside me.

     I frowned, confused in my slow, sleepy mind. I then sighed irritated. “Why did you come back,” I asked, “huh?” But there was no answer. “Huh?” I repeated and slowly opened my eyes.

     My breathing stopped and my heart skipped a beat as my eyes fast ran across his beautiful face. His eyes were closed and his mouth partly opened – sleeping and quietly snoring like a baby. His hair was a bit ruffled and his cheeks were blushing in a light pink color, the same color as his soft lips. He was lying under the covers wearing a loose, white shirt that revealed the pale, smooth skin of his neck and shoulder. Time went extremely slowly by as he breathed in and out – resting there like he was absolutely safe and sound in that place. I felt like the whole world had stopped. There he was, right in front of me, only a few centimeters away, feeling secure enough to sleep by my side. I caught myself peeking at his showing skin and taking the shirt further off with my eyes.   

     I flinched and suddenly got dragged back to the thoughts of my own being, and quickly put my arms across my exposed upper-body. I rolled, got up, stumbled out of the bed, fell, got on my feet again, turned around and stared back at the now empty bed. My breathings were horribly fast and my heart pounded like crazy in my chest. I stood there staring at the bed, peeking under the covers, but he wasn’t there anymore.

     “What the hell?” I panted, my voice filled with terror. I stood there for a while, checked the bed again and thought it all through again, before I determined made my way to the bathroom, convinced that it had all been a dream and that a shower would help me wake up and clear my head.

     I grabbed the doorknob to the bathroom but paused. I hesitated before leaning back and looking back into the bedroom. “Don’t follow me in here!” I yelled and carefully listened for an answer. Yong Guk, you’ve gone crazy, I thought when nobody answered. I shook my head and went into the bathroom.

 

After the shower, I quickly ran a towel through my hair and looked at myself in the mirror. I snorted and leaned in, looking myself in the eye. “Ya, Bang Yong Guk! Ya, I’m talking to you!” I said to myself feeling somewhat crazy but I ignored it. “What’s wrong with you, huh? What’s up with you and that… boy? Huh? Aish, you fool… Are you crazy?!” I yelled and stared. I sighed before leaning away, now running a hand through my damp hair. “Yeah, I think so...” I muttered.

     I heard my cellphone ring from the bedroom and I immediately swung a towel around my waist, assured it and ran out of the steamy bathroom. My wet footprints made me almost trip and fall over on the shiny, slippery, polished floors. I grabbed my pants from the ground and snatched my phone from the right pocket. I flipped it and answered the call.

     “Hello?” I said and took a deep breath.

     “Heeeeey, Yong Guk!” Himchan’s voice was happy and confident.

     “Ah, Himchan, what’s up?”

     “Just checkin’ on ya. I saw you leave with a pretty fine thing last night,” he chuckled and then waited for my answer with excitement.

     “Yeah, guess I did,” I answered with a dull voice. I didn’t feel like bragging about my conquest from the night before, which was very unlike me. Only now I remembered in details picking that girl up at a random bar and later on suggesting showing her my apartment. It hadn’t been a hard task; she immediately fell for the look I gave all girls I was interested in. I didn’t even remember her name. Or her face for that matter.  

     Himchan laughed. “Score! Good job, man!” His smile was visible from the sound of his words, and he began talking about his experience of the night before. I’d turned my back to the bed, trying to ignore what I was thinking of and carefully listened to what Himchan was telling me. I nodded and let out some “hmm”-sounds to let him know that I was keeping up, but I kept glancing over my shoulder to peek at the bed. Nothing was there. I wanted to be relieved, but I wasn’t. I wanted to come down to earth again – to my old self. But I didn’t. I had no idea why I was acting like this and it was extremely embarrassing. No one was around but even acting like this in front of myself was beginning to get really awkward.

     I lost myself in annoying, endless thoughts and jumped in terror and surprise when I turned to the bed again.

     “Holy crap!” I automatically spit out, falling to the floor. My backside was beginning to hurt from all the stupid falling, and I cursed.

     “Yong Guk! Are you okay, man? What’s happening?” Himchans voice was distant: the phone had scooted over the floor now lying across the bedroom. I looked at it, feeling my heartbeats getting faster and hyped again. It took me awhile coming to my senses, before I crawled over to the bed and peeked up over it like a scared animal. He was sitting there, staring at me. Big, brown eyes. I immediately froze, stuck in the humiliating position.

     “Y-you!” I forced out. “What are you doing here?” I asked keeping my voice as cool as possible. I didn’t do a very good job and I frowned in disappointment and shame.

     “Hyung...” He then said and my eyes widened.

     “No, no, no, be quiet!” I demanded. This is a dream! This is a dream! Then why is he answering me? I must have gone crazy. Yup, that’s it… But, I’ve never heard his voice before... how will I know what it sounds like? My eyes widened even more. Is this reality? No, it can’t be. No, it mustn’t be. I won’t allow it. I…

     The boy leaned over, getting closer to my face. He rested his elbows on the bed and his chin in his hands. He looked at me with the big, brown eyes of his. “Hyung, I’m hungry,” he said in an innocent and cute voice, and I felt my soul leaving my body. His words and voice were insanely cute and his face indescribably adorable. I couldn’t believe myself – getting all softhearted and embarrassing because of that beautiful boy.

     “Y-ya...” I stuttered.

     He cut me off. “Hungryyy,” he said and pouted.

     I stared at him, surprised and scared. Was he trying to be cute or was this just his normal behavior? His aegyo was extremely powerful. “Trying to kill me?” I asked, but he didn’t answer.

     “Dude, what’s going on? Never mind, I’m coming over,” Himchan said from across the room and both of our heads snapped as we looked at the phone. I blinked and was then on the floor crawling towards the cellphone before jumping over it as if it was my prey.

     “Himchan! Hello, are you there?” I asked but he’d already hung up. “Damn it,” I cursed and get on my back before sitting up. I sighed looking at the cellphone, but then remembering the boy on my bed again. Oh no. I was about to shout at him, get out! Himchan can’t find you here! What will he possibly think of me? This can’t be happening, but when I looked up at him the words didn’t come out. He was sitting there, charmingly pouting in his white, loose shirt on the white bed looking like an angel. It bothered me, but I kept looking at him, studying his perfect face and features. His brown eyes were looking at me, and his head would slowly tilt to the left. I could look into those eyes forever, but I noticed them travelling down. I frowned confused, what are you looking– oh my God! I quickly slammed my legs together, covering myself up. Lying there on the floor only with a towel around me waist… I just wanted to die.  

     “Ya, what are you looking at, huh? Don’t you peek at me!” I yelled and got up as elegantly as a turtle stuck on its back. I finally got on my feet and pointed at him. “You. Get out!” I angrily demanded.

     “But, hyu-“

     “Don’t you ‘but, hyung’ me, mister! Get up and get out!”

     The boy slowly crawled across the bed and got up on his knees, looking me in the eyes. He raised his hand and I jumped back.

     “Don’t touch me!” I said in fear. I shook my head. “I’m going crazy! You’re only a part of my imagination, nothing more. Nothing more. You can’t stay, please, go away!”

     “If I’m only a part of your imagination,” he said in his boyish, adorable voice. “Then how will your friend be able to see me?” He stared me down when I looked up at him again. “Hyung,” he added.

     At that moment I knew what I’d done. I’d walked right into the trap. I was completely dazed and fascinated by him. And terrified. I had done everything to forget about the blonde boy from Young Jae’s wedding: spending several nights drinking and clubbing, sleeping with a various number of girls, walking through the underground of Seoul in the middle of the night with Himchan in hopes of finding a decent fight. So why was this boy returning to me? I had seen him once in real life but now he kept popping up out of nowhere with the same face of a fresh memory. His image must’ve screwed up my brain pretty bad. I felt like breaking down and cry. I didn’t want this, most of all because it wasn’t even real.

     “Yong Guk!” Himchan knocked on my front door. Wow, that was fast. He must’ve been in the neighborhood.

     I slapped the boy’s hand away, spazzing out before walking towards the door. “Coming!” I yelled, letting him know that I wasn’t lying dead inside. Somehow, I didn’t feel like paying for a new door. Again.

     “Man, what’s going on?” Himchan then asked impatiently behind the door. I opened the door and let Himchan in, believing in the boy’s words.

     I suddenly panicked, tried coming up with some random excuse. “I-I had an accident,” I said and regretted it right away.

     As I had predicted, Himchan looked at me with a raised eyebrow. “An… accident?”

     I nodded. “Slippery floors,” I said admitting my embarrassing collision with the floor. His eyes widened and he nodded, letting the subject go, and I was grateful for that. He looked around in the hallway and then leaned back to look into the bedroom.

     “Is she still here?” He asked and I froze.

     “N-n-no, why?” I said leaning the same way to look. We stood there for a while looking like idiots before Himchan spoke again.

     “I just thought I saw something… moving… Maybe it was just the wind,” he leaned back almost hitting my face and I quickly joined his move back. “I saw that your window was open, so that was just probably it, you know,” he smiled. “The wind.”

     I discreetly sighed in relief, glad that Himchan was there. I always felt relaxed whenever it was just the two of us. Even though I was just wearing a towel and nothing more. He didn’t seem to care. Besides, we were quite close, like brothers by blood – it was not like we hadn’t seen each other with a minimal amount of clothes on before.

     We walked into the living room passing the empty bedroom, and Himchan hit the couch. I told him that I would put some clothes on and that there was beer in the fridge.

     “Sure thing, man,” he said and got comfortable. I found some fresh, clean clothes and threw it on before returning to him. We spent the rest of the day talking, drinking beer and laughing. He told me about the girls he’d been with lately, the stuck-up, rich guys – who thought they owned the whole place (they probably did, but whatever) – he’d met and punched at random bars, and how his uncle kept telling him how much his parents still despised him. I told him about the girls I’d picked up (this seemed to be a mandatory part of our weekly face-to-face brotherly talk) and how I reconsidered returning to the underground clubs to rap and earn some money. After all, I had to pay the rent, the gas for my car and food. Himchan seemed to like the idea a lot. Maybe a little too much. He got all hyped, asking me if I’d written new lyrics for songs, if I knew where I wanted to perform, how much I was gonna charge, etc., etc.. I calmed him down, assuring him that it was just an idea. But as the day passed on, the thought about it kept lingering in my mind. Maybe it wasn’t that bad of an idea after all.   

     I completely forgot about the boy on my bed, but still accepted when Himchan asked if we should take a walk that night. We both knew what that really meant and we both returned to each our apartment the next morning with a few bruises and scratches. Nothing serious. But we’d both enjoyed it – feeling the adrenalin rush through our body when taking a hit or smash the unknown opponent to the ground. The smell of blood, sweat and alcohol had somehow calmed me down. It seemed like my brain and mind got hit back in place, still I went for the couch to sleep the pain gone.          

 



This chapter was really fun to write, I hope it wasn’t too boring to read D: It’s already chapter 3 and I realized that Yong Guk doesn’t even know Zelo’s name yet. “The blonde boy” seems to be catching on, lol. Also, the two of them haven’t even properly met yet, but wait no more! I can reveal that next chapter will be containing some real (and not just some annoying, awkward daydream/craziness) face-to-face BangZelo action, yay! :b